Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Options
    Game live on Talksport 2
  • Options
    All four quarter-finals being played tonight... no need to wait until next week for everyone else to finish.

7pm kick offs: Rotherham v Cambridge & Wigan v Arsenal U21

7:45pm kick off: Sutton v Harrogate
    A new ground for most us if we play the winners, I imagine
  • Options
    So 3-5-2 it is with Leko and Purrington wing backs, Jacko sounding very upbeat, and recognising the 300 + travelling Addicks, respect to each and every one of them, should be a good game with a strong line up..
  • Options
    A decent looking team and bench that. Slightly surprised we don't have ANY kids on the bench, someone like Henry for example, but Jacko has clearly decided to treat this as a league type match
  • Options
    We ALWAYS play 352, so it surprises me when people assume we're playing something else. 

Everyone in that side fits the Jacko 352, Matthews has played right centre back before, Leko right wing back and Purrington left wing back
  • Options
    Love the Cyril Knowles stand!

A blast rom my youth! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the Cyril Knowles stand!

A blast rom my youth! 
    Nice one.
  • Options
    Strong lineup.

Dobson rested? No surprise Chuks and Inniss can't start 2 games in 3 days.
    Only 4 players from Saturday's starting line up are starting tonight and one of those is the keeper. Also not looking like wing back formation to me . 4 4 2.
    Jacko has stated its 352
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Still think it’s a shit competition and a pisstake we have to play against youth teams but I wish the team all the best - if only for gaining form and momentum but mainly for the fans who have made the long journey up 
    I agree but let’s be honest. What else do we have to look forward to this season? Might as well try for a day out at Wembley.
    The end of it !!
  • Options
    Strong lineup.

Dobson rested? No surprise Chuks and Inniss can't start 2 games in 3 days.
    Only 4 players from Saturday's starting line up are starting tonight and one of those is the keeper. Also not looking like wing back formation to me . 4 4 2.
    Well...suggest you listen to Jacko's video interview a couple of post's back
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Still think it’s a shit competition and a pisstake we have to play against youth teams but I wish the team all the best - if only for gaining form and momentum but mainly for the fans who have made the long journey up 
    I agree but let’s be honest. What else do we have to look forward to this season? Might as well try for a day out at Wembley.
    Would be really shit if we get to Wembley and have to play a youth team. Hopefully the proper teams get through!
  • Options
    Huge respect to our travelling fans , doffs cap
  • Options
    All four quarter-finals being played tonight... no need to wait until next week for everyone else to finish.

Is that who we get, or do they do another draw?
  • Options
    Allez Les Addicks.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

New draw I believe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we save talk of Wembley and who we play in the next round until this game has finished?
  • Options
    Morgan playing so well, Jacko has cloned him 
  • Options
    No Lavelle in the squad is surprising.
    Jacko said he wouldn’t be - he wants him to have a 90 for the u23s.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

No idea

Would be dull if we got Rotherham or Wigan away ...
  • Options
    No Lavelle in the squad is surprising.
    Jacko said he wouldn’t be - he wants him to have a 90 for the u23s.
    He didn't feature for the U23s today though, which made people think he would play tonight
  • Options
    Hi guys. Going to be a bit limited on typing tonight for various reasons but will try to update major things.
  • Options

• Options
    Kick off at the second attempt...
  • Options
    Wigan v Arsenal U21 kick off delayed by 10 minutes.