Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD [+post-match p21]: Hartlepool vs Charlton | Papa John's Trophy | Tuesday 25th Jan 2022

Comments

• Nice music selection at Hartlepool I must say
  • aliwibble said:
    We're going to go out on penalties, aren't we...
    And we'll have no complaints. Embarrassing performance.
  • Is F1 about to start?
  • Gribbo said:
    Some of these Hartlepool players got a decent shot on them
    They can hit em, but not accurately enough.
  • Apparently Nathan Harness has just had a mare for Dulwich. Perhaps he's pining for Papa John. 
  • edited January 2022
    We desperately missed Dobson in that game - everything good Hartlepool did came from the huge hole left by his absence.

Watson should’ve retired eighteen months ago and Clare didn’t do much to convince me he’s the answer either.
  • sam3110 said:
    Massive pile of wank, if we win this on penalties it'll be very undeserved

I refer the honourable gentleman to a previous post from myself..
    Who gives a flying fuck?

If we win, we have won, shot or not.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    Should be ashamed of themselves.
    Say that again
  • Gribbo said:
    Some of these Hartlepool players got a decent shot on them
    They have had more shots than us and missed most of them .............. until it comes to penalties
  • Sponsored links:

• it look to me that most of the game our players were holding back trying to save their legs for the next league game,  or maybe they do not take teams from the divisions below seriously.
  • This is grim
  • Washington is up first for the Addicks...
  • edited January 2022
    Something terribly wrong with the culture in the dressing room. We have been served absolute dross under three managers in a row.
  • Bit more than just missing Dobbo.

That was very worrying. If they're not careful, you'll lose the bloody fans and deservedly playing like that.
  • Even if we win, there's a good number of these players that haven't done enough to keep their shirts tonight, but will because... Who else?
  • sam3110 said:
    Gilbey, Lee, Washington, Aneke and Castillo to take the 5 I reckon
    On the basis of what I've seen of his set-pieces this season I think Lee will hit the first man ...
  • fair play to the lot what went up there…well done guys n girls,deserved more from that team…embarrassing really…😏
  • edited January 2022
    CAFC🟩 (Washington)
    Hartlepool
  • Sponsored links:

• Weird to take penalties in front of an empty stand
  • msomerton said:
    it look to me that most of the game our players were holding back trying to save their legs for the next league game,  or maybe they do not take teams from the divisions below seriously.
    I think you are being generous in your assumption there. 
  • Chunes said:
    Something terribly wrong with the culture in the dressing room. We have been served absolute dross under three six managers in a row.
    Fixed for you.
  • The good news is the last u21 team are out 
    The shame levels of this aren't as bad as they could have been
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Even if we win, there's a good number of these players that haven't done enough to keep their shirts tonight, but will because... Who else?
    Exactly, wasn't far off the first XI.
  • edited January 2022
    CAFC 🟩
    Hartlepool 🟩 Cullen
  • Chunes said:
    Something terribly wrong with the culture in the dressing room. We have been served absolute dross under three managers in a row.
    This, it's starting to feel exactly the same as Adkins and Bowyer (after relegation)
  • Good penalties so far