Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup vs Brighton at The Valley Wednesday 9th Feb 7pm

Will definitely go and get behind the team. Hope there is a good turnout for the game.

Adults £3
Juniors £1

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully be a decent turnout. The yoof are on fire this season and will be a tough game. Especially with Brighton beating Man City in the previous round.
  • Options
    ...we're going to Wembley, we're going to Wembley and now ya gonna believe us... 
  • Options
    Unfortunately the final isn't at Wembley. 
  • Options
    ahh what.. 
  • Options
    this season has been nothing but a disappointment 
  • Options
    Sandgaard needs to sort it out 
  • Options
    Good opportunity to put themselves in the shop window, a la Casey Palmer.
  • Options
    Good opportunity to play well enough to snapped up by a Premier League club for a pittance, before spending 7 years in the youth teams and being loaned out 11 times before ending up at the age of 24 playing for a middle of the road Championship team
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Good opportunity to play well enough to snapped up by a Premier League club for a pittance, before spending 7 years in the youth teams and being loaned out 11 times before ending up at the age of 24 playing for a middle of the road Championship team
    For £30k a week 
  • Options
    It will be a game worth attending for me anyway, whatever the final result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool 3 Chelsea 4

Chelsea were 3-0 down with 20 minutes to go.
  • Options
    Bump.
    Hopefully be a decent crowd down The Valley tonight. 
  • Options
    Hopefully the club will repost the interview with Hamza from last night.

Was really good hearing from him

- Spoke very highly of Kanu
     - Doesn't see why Charlton cant win the FA Youth Cup
     - Euell asked him for three names who he thinks can step up, Hamza replied saying there are more than three
  • Options
    Think mental strength is most important skill any of the younger players can have. Take Charlie Barker he went from playing in League 1 football and playing against a very strong West Ham 11 in the league cup, to be back in the 23s with a younger lad in Deji going above in the pecking order. Must be difficult to have so much exposure earlier on to be, back down the list and have to work up. 

@seth plum Which young players are eligible to play today who won't be included. For example, are Burstow & Deji eligible to play tonight.
  • Options
    Looking forward to going down the Valley tonight for what should be a good game of football. Hopefully a decent turnout. Anyone else going ?
  • Options
    Think mental strength is most important skill any of the younger players can have. Take Charlie Barker he went from playing in League 1 football and playing against a very strong West Ham 11 in the league cup, to be back in the 23s with a younger lad in Deji going above in the pecking order. Must be difficult to have so much exposure earlier on to be, back down the list and have to work up. 

@seth plum Which young players are eligible to play today who won't be included. For example, are Burstow & Deji eligible to play tonight.
    I think they are eligible but Burstow won’t play, come to think of it his move probably makes him ineligible.
    I would be surprised if Deji plays as the team have formed their own bond and style.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it free to watch on Valley Pass?
  • Options
    Is it free to watch on Valley Pass?
    Yes
  • Options
    I am impressed with Anderson. I don't see his name mentioned a lot but he looks a fantastic prospect.  
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I am impressed with Anderson. I don't see his name mentioned a lot but he looks a fantastic prospect.  
    He has the potential to be a superstar but 
    I haven’t seen a huge amount of him yet although every time I have seen him he has caught the eye.
    I really like Mack Reilly too.  Unorthodox but direct.

it really is a good crop of lads and tonight will be a really good test of their mettle
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Any idea what happened to that kid we were meant to have on trial from Worthing? Played in the 1st round against us. 

Saw Beadle played in goal for Brighton 23s last week, when they lost 6-0 to Blackburn. Very weak team they had out that day.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I love his speed of thought and knowledge of where his team mates are. He looks like he has the potential to be top drawer. Physically he looks up to it too. The problem is, he is going to get noticed by others. He is definitely one I think we should try to extend his contract - which is already 2024I think. The sharks are going to be circling soon if they are not already.
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to this match. After their result in the last round Brighton must have a decent team so it will be very interesting to see how we match up to them
  • Options
    I love his speed of thought and knowledge of where his team mates are. He looks like he has the potential to be top drawer. Physically he looks up to it too. The problem is, he is going to get noticed by others. He is definitely one I think we should try to extend his contract - which is already 2024I think. The sharks are going to be circling soon if they are not already.
    He had offers and scouts al over him…but still signed with us
    looks like he just wants to play football all the time. Ridiculous potential but still so young
  • Options
    Trying to by tickets but keep getting "server busy" message.

Must be everyone cancelling their Wigan tickets
  • Options
    May I suggest for the benefit of those attending the game, that the correct line ups for each team is displayed on the big screen throughout the match?
    In the past there has been no available team sheet or screen display at similar fixtures.