Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup vs Brighton at The Valley Wednesday 9th Feb 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Not surprised we're losing if Pearce is coaching them....😂
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Disappointed in both Ferguson and Edigun tonight. Did not really get going
    Do you mean Anderson... Ferguson isnt ours
  • Options
    He isnt
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Disappointed in both Ferguson and Edigun tonight. Did not really get going
    Do you mean Anderson... Ferguson isnt ours
    Yep, corrected
  • Options
    Good to see Cafc start passing the ball and not throwing in the towel. 
    This Charlton team are used to reaching 6 but they may have to settle for love !

• Options
    edited February 2022
    What's it with these short corners, they are not working, change it up a bit, getting very predictable and with Leaburn in the centre mix it up when the chance comes..
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Disappointed in both Anderson and Edigun tonight. Did not really get going
    Agreed. They were stand out players against Accrington and haven't really been in the game tonight. 
  • Options
    Kanu looks like he’s injured himself signing his contract.
  • Options
    The Brighton commentator very impressed with Campbell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He isnt
    Sorry, I thought someone earlier said he was.

My bad.
  • Options
    I thought our number 8, our goal keeper and Campbell have played well
  • Options
    We’ve hit the post again! 
  • Options
    Just not our night with that effort from Kanu
  • Options
    The Brighton commentator very impressed with Campbell
    Tell him they are too late. We've already accepted a half time bid from Chelsea. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The lads have kept going very well against a very resolute and talented Brighton side. Adigun and Anderson haven’t had it their own way tonight, probably for one of the few times this season.
    Good experience for them and the rest of the team to come up against a very good outfit.

Some good players in this Charlton side and hopefully we’ll see a few of them in the first team over the next year or so.

In terms of entertainment, streets ahead of last night’s offering.
  • Options
    Well played young Addicks. Brighton the better team but I thought we at least deserved a goal at least 
  • Options
    Disappointing but we've got some good young players coming through. 

Let's just hope we get to see them before the vultures swoop again. 
  • Options
    The lads did well... Shows too that whilst we've got some decent players coming through our Academy - We'd still perhaps struggle most weeks when we initially go up to Category One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame about the result, but I don't think we've got any complaints. What a pleasure it was to watch that match played at considerable speed and with no little skill. Everyone tried, everyone kept going and the game was played in the right spirit. What a marked difference between these players and some of their older counterparts who often seem more weighed down with pies and professional cynicism.
  • Options
    Campbell impressed and I thought Leaburn had a better game than Kanu. Kone stood on his head. Ferguson was very good as was McConville at the back. Oh well the boys did well.
  • Options
    Entertaining game but we have the same defensive frailties that the first team have.
  • Options
    No disgrace in that performance.

They were all over us first 10 mins but we grew into the game and just didn't get the goal we deserved and left ourselves a bit vulnerable at the back. Brighton are a very good team and we went very much toe to toe with them.

The future looks bright.

• Options
    Ah well.
    Enjoyable but I got the feeling that a very good Brighton might have been that much older and bigger.
    No teamsheet generally available and the screen did not show the sides which was a pity for those who bothered to turn up,
    Not an appalling footballing experience in the least, but one to learn from.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Their two Irish kids up top are very good and won’t be sticking around at Brighton for more than a couple more years if they progress as expected from where they are today!

Brighton will be getting some hefty transfer offers coming in.
  • Options
    Their two Irish kids up top are very good and won’t be sticking around at Brighton for more than a couple more years if they progress as expected from where they are today!

Brighton will be getting some hefty transfer offers coming in.
    As a PL side though they'll be able to keep hold of their home grown players longer, and sell them for massive fees as they'll have PL experience

The likes of Dunk and March have been there for years, while White went for a massive fee as a proven PL player
  • Options
    Well played young Addicks. Brighton the better team but I thought we at least deserved a goal. (Oops too many “leasts” in previous post!) Brighton apparently put out Man City in a previous round so their pedigree speaks volumes. Overall a very creditable performance from the youngsters 
  • Options
    That was never a 0-2 ?

3-6 would have been a better reflection of the chances.

The best team won but no disgrace as only Cambridge left from League 1 who i watched in an earlier round against Dulwich Hamlet.