Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup vs Brighton at The Valley Wednesday 9th Feb 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Unlucky and Lucky to be just 1-0 down.
    Yup, both sides have had some great opportunities to increase the scoreline 
  • Options
    Really enjoyable match. Final ball has been missing on times. That Ferguson looks a hell of a player.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Half Time News: On the back of that first half performance, Chelsea have put a £500,000 bid in for Campbell.

Joke

You're joking. But they probably are picking the phone up as I write. 
  • Options
    Cracking game and flowing football from both sides. Very entertaining.

Kone has been really impressive and plenty of pace in the Charlton side. 
  • Options
    Lot of players on show who will impress the scouts.
  • Options
    Ok I’m on the Brighton you tube channel, but loads of ads trying to flog me a Brighton shirt?
  • Options
    Well we may be losing at the moment and we might end up losing but that 46 mins is how I want the 1st team playing ! Full of intent and drive. Like someone said earlier I hope our 1st team squad are watching this they could learn a few things ! 
  • Options
    I’m guessing it’s half time, what’s the score?
  • Options
    So entertaining. Reminds me of why I like football!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m guessing it’s half time, what’s the score?
    0-1
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    To me it felt like we had the technical skill and were more impressive on the ball but if you had told me we were an U18 side playing against U21 I would've believed you. The physicality between the two teams was a mismatch.
  • Options
    I'm watching on Brighton  You Tube.

Brighton beat Man City in the last round who you won't be surprised to hear City did 30 passes in a row for fun most of that game but had no cutting edge.

Enjoying watching two good young teams and Brighton have crisp class passing when attacking and should have scored 4 or 5.
    Good shot saving and both the impressive Ferguson and Ifil have missed chances to put the game out of sight.

TBF to our successful U18's we should have scored at least two with Daniel Kanu golden boots not working yet tonight.

Does Kanu normally play more central or is that because Miles Leaburn is the big centre forward this evening.

Didn't expect to see Daniel quite so wide.

Campbell the pick of the forwards for Cafc.
    The relationship between Kanu, Leaburn and Campbell not quite clicking so far.

• Options
    Pleaee can someone post when it’s starts up again, ta!
  • Options
    They're back on the air, waiting for kick off.
  • Options
    Has just started
  • Options
    Starting now
  • Options
    Just about to kick off

• Options
    Cheers guys, got it!
  • Options
    Serious question, why can't the first team play like this? 
    What, you mean fail to take chances and defend poorly? I’m pretty sure they can. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kone is a joy to watch 
  • Options
    Kanu gets you off your seat when the ball is at his feet.
  • Options
    2-0 such a shame 
  • Options
    Nice move, cut us open, even if the finish was a bit scuffed
  • Options
    Bit like last night... Could say that we should be level

But at the same time, Brighton deserve the lead
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    You can see why Brighton beat Man city.
    Charlton are game but Brighton attacks are slicker and the 2nd goal may put them into the next round unless we can find another gear.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Ferguson and Moran are listed as part of the Brighton U23 team on their website. Not surprised the way they are dominating the play in the final third.

Ferguson signed from Bohemians in 2021. Moran signed from Bray in 2021. Both had experience of men's football in the LOI.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Disappointed in both Anderson and Edigun tonight. Did not really get going