Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Impressive from him to get that assist vs Bolton feeling like crap then
  • Options
    Of course he's done well to avoid getting covid, then a few weeks of being at Charlton, already experienced our unique injury and illness perk in the contract.  
  • Options
    Having just had Covid, I now have more sympathy with the struggles the likes of Fraser and Gilbey have had in coming back afterwards, as without being especially unwell while I had the virus, now I'm over it I'm physically well down from normal
  • Options
    Having just had Covid, I now have more sympathy with the struggles the likes of Fraser and Gilbey have had in coming back afterwards, as without being especially unwell while I had the virus, now I'm over it I'm physically well down from normal
    Yeah, having had it myself it's genuinely no surprise that players are/were struggling to get back up to proper match speed, it really can do a number on you.

Not to say they won't get there eventually but it does complicate/extend the process. 
  • Options
    Same here, knocked me for 6, I’m still feeling the effects of it a month later.
  • Options
    I like the look of him as a player AND the way he conducts himself too. The tunnel jump makes me love him even more :)
  • Options
    I don’t see it yet .  Thought we were much better when JFC came on .  
  • Options
    Backwards step for him today, though the whole team were very poor in the final third.

Would be interesting to see him alongside JFC. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    I don’t see it yet .  Thought we were much better when JFC came on .  
    Even allowing for Covid, he's been underwhelming. You can see why he didn't play in the middle, his favoured position for Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Clearly still struggling IMO. He is a lot slower than I remember him being when playing against us. Have to wonder if there is something lingering there. Looks knackered after a 30 yard run.
  • Options
    Clearly still struggling IMO. He is a lot slower than I remember him being when playing against us. Have to wonder if there is something lingering there. Looks knackered after a 30 yard run.
    It would therefore be kinder to leave him out for the rest of the season . 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    It would therefore be kinder to leave him out for the rest of the season . 
    Don’t disagree. You reminded me to post something about Stockley who is in a similar position.
  • Options
    If he’s struggling then don’t play him, for me he offers nothing at the moment and is totally anonymous, game just passes him by.

couple of tidy passes here and there, but 10 yards sideways that anyone could make.

Underwhelmed by him so far and would pick JFC over him every day. Prepared to give him a bit of time but he really needs to hit the ground running and impose himself next season 
  • Options
    If he’s struggling then don’t play him, for me he offers nothing at the moment and is totally anonymous, game just passes him by.

couple of tidy passes here and there, but 10 yards sideways that anyone could make.

Underwhelmed by him so far and would pick JFC over him every day. Prepared to give him a bit of time but he really needs to hit the ground running and impose himself next season 
    What he said 

Clare Dobson JFC is our best central midfield right now.
  • Options
    You can see he has very good touch and vision. He's never going to be your classic battling, ball winning midfielder but he adds a lot of quality and he'll be just fine when he gets back to full fitness. We've seen him play with much more energy and pace for MK when he was fit. I reckon a midfield of Dobbo, JFC and Fraser is a pretty good starting point for next season.
  • Options
    He'd probably be a lot better if we gave him the ball. 
  • Options
    Yesterday he wasn’t at it but they marked him out the game quite well. Just when he did get the ball it wasn’t sticking, it was an off day.

However, I don’t think we use him very well and often has to drop deep to get the ball, he’s not going to do anything on the halfway line with a serious lack of movement ahead of him.

Think if he plays with Dobson and Forster-Caskey it will help. You’ll know what you’re getting with them two and will allow Fraser the freedom to roam and hurt opponents.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    You can see he has very good touch and vision. He's never going to be your classic battling, ball winning midfielder but he adds a lot of quality and he'll be just fine when he gets back to full fitness. We've seen him play with much more energy and pace for MK when he was fit. I reckon a midfield of Dobbo, JFC and Fraser is a pretty good starting point for next season.
    I know he HAS vision, but I saw precious little of it yesterday. JFC made far more incisive forward passes than Fraser did yesterday, the sort of defence splitting passes I was expecting from him, and which don't rely on fitness.

Even Fraser's corners were nothing special.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jacksonised. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Think if he plays with Dobson and Forster-Caskey it will help. You’ll know what you’re getting with them two and will allow Fraser the freedom to roam and hurt opponents.
    I was thinking it might be a bit lopsided with two heavily left footed midfielders. JFC/Fraser both prefer left side of centre. Unless you have JFC holding, but that's Dobbo territory. Be interesting to see it. 
  • Options
    I ask myself what Fraser has added so far, so far it’s nothing.
    Or nothing more than, for example, Morgan would’ve added.
    Fraser and Gilbey simply hamper Dobson who might be able to give us more than doing everybody else’s donkey work if he had the chance.

• Options
    Anonymous player
  • Options
    I would expect a strong manager to get the best of this player, unfortunately I don't think we have that. 
  • Options
    He’s not fully fit but this shape doesn’t suit him and we don’t give him the ball.

very good player not being utilised at the moment
  • Options
    Maybe he’s just not very good ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Maybe he’s just not very good ?
    Not having it,  any one who has had a good game against our shitty side is immediately class and we should sign and more so if there is a youtube video to boot 
    Just like any manager of the dog and & duck oppo who've torn us a new one in recent times is immediately the perfect replacement for our manager