Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Scott Fraser has joined Scottish Premiership side Hearts on loan for the remainder of the season.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/scott-fraser-joins-hearts-loan
  • Options
    I may be doing the guy a disservice but do I recall correctly that not long after he signed he came to the POTY dinner and got wankered?  Not sure it was great first impression. Another one who won’t be in danger of having a statue erected. 
  • Options
    He had his moments last season, but he never convinced me. Technically he's not bad, but he's a bit flaky and prone to going missing and I never felt his technical "strengths" were good enough to make up for the weaknesses. You could always see why Ipswich (a team whose success we should be aspiring to emulate) deemed him surplus to requirements. A mid-table League One player who we can hopefully move beyond. 
  • Options
    I was in the crowd at the Madejski earlier this season and saw him shoulder barge a much larger Reading player off the ball. My jaw nearly hit the floor.

Not exactly a midfield dynamo, but a lovely passer of the ball. Best of luck Scott. Glad you got the move you wanted.
  • Options
    We’ve had a lot of disappointing signings in recent years but he’s definitely close to topping the lot
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Another player unable to be sold, so is loaned out with presumably us paying a percentage of his wage. 

We are terrible at moving players on. 
  • Options
    Gutted about this, thought he would’ve made an excellent squad player in next season’s promotion hunt 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 31
    I had high hopes for him but gave up on him this season. To me, he is a luxury player, but you hardly ever get the luxury from him.
  • Options
    edited January 31
    Real shame, a real talent we didn't get the best out of.

Looked very sharp last season and this pre-season until he got injured.

Not looked the same player since him came back from injury.

Glad he got to move home.

@UEAAddick will be devastated 

On a plus side frees up his wages, or some of them, and hopefully means an effective No.10 coming in tomorrow as I'm not convinced that is L. Watson or Fiorini (yet)
    Think you hit the nail on the head, hasn't looked the same since he came back from injury.

Last year he had 9 goals and 5 assists in 42 league games. That's a really good return for a central midfielder at this level and in a team last season that didn't always score many goals. At his best he was good at picking his moments to run beyond the striker into the box, or arriving late on the penalty spot. The midfield that has played the last couple of games could desperately use someone like that, but that form has been nowhere to be seen this season.

I do think some of it is playing him in a deeper midfield role in the 4-2-3-1. I thought his best games this season came as a 10 with two midfielders behind him. The problem is because of injuries and an imbalanced squad we haven't had the players to play alongside him in midfield to get the best out of him. Camara and Taylor, I assume, were supposed to be that, Camara box to box, Taylor holding, and Dobbo as the defensive midfielder. But we've seen almost none of those two. 

• Options
    Good luck to him. Definitely a quality player in there. Just doesn’t do it anywhere near enough. 
    Hope it works out for him and his family.

• Options
    Bit of a luxury player that we can't afford. 

Prone to disappearing.

However I wish him well and hopefully it becomes permanent. 
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/charlton-midfielder-scott-fraser-my-loan-move-to-hearts-dragged-on/

Not that it’s new but clear again from that he wants to be in Scotland. Don’t see us getting the best from him with that being the case.
  • Options
    Had it in for him this season but that was because I had such high hopes for him, the sort of player I love but just didnt happen enough or when it really mattered against the big teams. For me, the most disappointing signing we've made in recent seasons. 

Good luck to him though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We never saw the player that tore us a new one against MK Dons. 
  • Options
    Was that a regular performance from Fraser though, or a rare game for MK Dons as well? - Remember Pratley marked him out the game, when we won the reverse 1-0

If we signed everyone who tore us a new one, we'd be in triple figures with a squad.
  • Options
    Not fussed that he has gone;however, his stats suggest maybe I should be. Twenty eight contributions out of seventy eight appearances is not bad considering he would have created a good few chances that were not converted, etc.
    He seems like a player that when we are playing poorly we have to carry him. If we were playing well he is heavily involved. As it is generally the latter I guess this is for the best regrettably.
  • Options
    Was that a regular performance from Fraser though, or a rare game for MK Dons as well? - Remember Pratley marked him out the game, when we won the reverse 1-0

If we signed everyone who tore us a new one, we'd be in triple figures with a squad.
    I suspect the latter. Our scouting and recruitment has been poor for a while now.
  • Options
    Was so excited when he signed, struggled when he first came in (think he got COVID and was asthmatic already?) then we saw the best of him last season and then this season with injuries and off the field things we just haven't seen the best of him, he's never going to be someone that could operate deeper alongside Dobbo, that's just not his strength. 

Wish him all the best for the future though, hopefully he can get things back on track for his sake. 
  • Options
    Shame really, he's definitely not hit the heights I hoped for consistently but there's more mitigation in his case than most.

Hopefully does mean we can get someone else in though.
  • Options
    Moving to a decent club in a great city, so could be worse for him.