Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    Haven't got much time for these midfielders who need very specific roles in specific formations in order to perform. If you're that kind of player, you better be absolutely amazing. 
    Not defending Fraser but your CMs will usually have different roles whatever the formation. We wouldn’t have done as well under Bowyer had Aribo been the holding midfielder and Pratley the 10 in his diamond for example. I know what you mean but not properly thinking through how our team will fit together has been one of many issues in the last few seasons. 
    Yeah, I'm not saying they have to play every role, but they should be able to play more than one. Aribo & Pratley (especially the latter) could do a job into multiple roles in multiple formations. 
    Quite .  A slow , low tempo, one footed number ten provides very few options .
  • Options
    Didn't his wife have a baby last year - often seems a factor in a player losing form?
    What are you suggesting, that he's since found out he's a jaffa and has got the hump?
  • Options
    edited January 6
    It must be bad when Louie Watson is starting ahead of him
  • Options
    there is at least one midfielder i know of that we want to sign and the parent club will only do a permanent but we need to offload a permanent first - fraser could be that man ? 
  • Options
    Not even brought on for 5-10 mins to replace tired legs yesterday?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    there is at least one midfielder i know of that we want to sign and the parent club will only do a permanent but we need to offload a permanent first - fraser could be that man ? 
    Likely reason he was starting then I'd say.

Did his chances some harm though!
  • Options
    edited January 7
    What has formations got to do with him playing poor balls when he is supposed  to be our most talented player? Doesn't work hard enough and a luxury player with zero luxury says it all. Having to play too many youngsters, he is one of the experienced players who should be stepping up, but isn't.
  • Options
    Not even brought on for 5-10 mins to replace tired legs yesterday?

That was surprising, but a consequence of his terrible Oxford cameo I imagine 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    If ( as I suspect) it's Lewis Bate that you refer to it would make sense as he is also left footed. I wouldn't want us releasing Fraser unless we have a similar player lined up.

Another name which gets often quoted here is Burton's Joe Powell 

Ideally I would want two left footers in our midfield options especially when we don't have a left footed wide man.
  • Options
    A few enjoyable moments from him and seems a decent bloke, but we need to build a better, more resilient and combative team, so would be wishing him well with an enthusiastic wave if indeed he is the makeweight to a better option. 🤞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/we-wont-stand-in-his-way-michael-appleton-on-charlton-midfielders-future-after-absence-from-squad-against-peterborough/

MA confirms Fraser can leave. He wants more energy, pace and athleticism in the midfield. Also expects some of our young players in that position will improve over the next 18 months.

I agree with that, although we know he’s capable of more (his goals last season for example) central midfield has been a problem this season. I don’t think his playmaking is so good we should build a team around him.

No doubt he’s on a good wage too, I’m sure that budget can be better spent.
  • Options
    Like those comments, Fraser hasn't reached the heights we expected and he just doesn't have the energy we require
  • Options
    Not sure we’ll be able to move him on, would I maybe he’s on decent money and we’re probably still depreciating his transfer fee so would want some money for him (or we’ll need to accept a loss).
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/we-wont-stand-in-his-way-michael-appleton-on-charlton-midfielders-future-after-absence-from-squad-against-peterborough/

MA confirms Fraser can leave. He wants more energy, pace and athleticism in the midfield. Also expects some of our young players in that position will improve over the next 18 months.

I agree with that, although we know he’s capable of more (his goals last season for example) central midfield has been a problem this season. I don’t think his playmaking is so good we should build a team around him.

Best thing Appleton has said in months 
  • Options
    Can we add a clause that he has to take Appleton with him?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

He could have added "application" and "desire" to what we need in the midfield too.
  • Options
    Can we add a clause that he has to take Appleton with him?
    LOL! I would to both like and LOL that one1
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Looking forward to the summer when our new manager says he wants a "creative, ball playing Midfielder who can help us build up the pitch and chip on with a couple of goals." 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:

Looking forward to the summer when our new manager says he wants a "creative, ball playing Midfielder who can help us build up the pitch and chip on with a couple of goals." 
    That’s still not really proven to be Fraser, though. He’s been another failure of recruitment. When we signed him he was talked up as a top League One player (“best midfielder in the division”, wasn’t it?). Even last year, though, he’s never got near that kind of level amd it was always a kind of fanciful claim given Ipswich deemed him surplus to requirements. It’s a shame. I don’t hold him any ill will, necessarily, but I don’t think he’s ever looked good enough to be the main man in midfield for team trying to get promoted. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:

Which is one reason we’ve loaned Fiorini.

I imagine wages and expected playing time are being taken into account. Fraser hasn’t done enough to be a regular starter, neither is he worth keeping if he’s one of our biggest earners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His last good game for us was against Man United, an entire year ago
  • Options
    Rumour his Hearts move is off
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Rumour his Hearts move is off
    They realised they'd been looking at his stats for last season.
  • Options
    The local paper said the problem was at the Charlton end.
  • Options
    Perhaps the new manager might want him
  • Options
    Shame for Scott and his wife he couldn't get a move to the Jam tarts and it must have taken the gloss off still being at the toxic valley.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Perhaps the new manager might want him
    Quite possibly but if he earns as much as is rumoured I suspect the SMT might want at least some of those wages off the books and they will therefore take that decision before they appoint a new head coach.

Also from a human perspective blocking it at the 11th hour wouldn't seem right, if as suggested, he wants to move back there for family reasons. 
  • Options
    He was at tynecastle last night, everything agreed with the club and player but waiting for Charlton to say it’s done