Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    I think he must have cribbed these words from Haaland!
    This is genuinely what he's like as well apparently, as @Croydon said I bet he's quite arrogant to be around. 

I don't know if any of you remember the Lavelle and Kirk impersonations video? And one of them when impersonating Fraser just kept saying something like 'I'm dead smart' and kept pointing at his head. 

Must big himself up to his peers, which is fine if you're actually good at football :) 
  • Options
    I have been incredibly disapointed in him. I know he is better than what he is showing but if he can't show it we need to get rid.
  • Options
    like Kirk, pull up trees elsewhere, sign for Charlton for big fee and long contract, game turns to shit.

Think it's mentality for both. Big fish in small pond elsewhere at smaller clubs but can't hack it a bigger club when the pressure is on.
  • Options
    bit of luck we'll have some gullible manager putting in a big bid for him this January .. and more to the point, we'll accept it within seconds 
  • Options
    bit of luck we'll have some gullible manager putting in a big bid for him this January .. and more to the point, we'll accept it within seconds 
    Only club I could see doing it is Wrexham maybe, he fits the profile of the type of players they've been singing and they probably have the cash for it
  • Options
    Share everyone's concern but to be fair to Fraser he never was, and never claimed to be, the dynamic hard-tackling defensive midfielder which is how he is being deployed by Appleton. 

Doesn't explain his piss poor set pieces mind you.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Have we ever had such an ineffective midfield pairing as Fraser and Dobson. I can't believe we've stuck with it for so long? It'll be 2 years in January 
    Very much like Semedo and Racon. Dobson like Semedo could play in a better side. Without the goals and assists of last season Fraser is like Racon, looks good on the ball occasionally but doesn’t offer enough.
    Racon(!) was quite decent for a few games in both the championship and league one .  Not seen anything from bloke .  I wonder who invented the Pirlo thing - beyond being paid to play football, they have nothing in common 
    A few games as you say, he wasn’t consistent enough and was neither a goalscorer or a playmaker, yet didn’t have the legs or desire to get box to box.

Fraser offered more last season when he was a goal threat (nearly got into double figures) and added creativity to the team, we haven’t really seen from recently.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Could see him going back to Scotland.

He would be better if we played him in the number 10 role like we did last season (where he did chip in with 9 goals). He should be the attacking mid threading through balls for Alfie May’s runs (he’s wasted in the deeper role Appleton puts him in).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    It is true that the way we are playing doesn't suit him. I have turned from a give Appleton a chance view to a get rid one as he doesn't seem to see what is front of him. I am minded of Pardew, who we have to be honest and say, he was a decent manager with many of his clubs but just lost the plot with us and Appleton seems to have done so with us too. He has been posed difficult questions with injuries and I have no problem with him trying things but he has to see when they are not working and Fraser is a case in point. 
  • Options
    FishCostaFortune said:"Very pleased with this signing." 

"a lot of the time we are one of the most uninspiring teams in the league (even Hartlepool and Gateshead moved the ball better than us) when we have the ball at our feet."
    Two years and your views can't have changed much!
    To be honest I think we do tend to move the ball a little better now. Some of the football under Jackson after he became full time manager was horrific - I remember us constantly getting pinned in the corners with like 3/4 of our players standing right next to each other. 

On Fraser, he has definitely not lived up to expectations sadly, though 9 goals and 5 assists last year is not to bad at all. 

This year he is being asked to play in a double pivot with Dobson, which is just not his game. He does not have the physicality to be successful in that role, and when he is having to drop back in the CB position there’s no wonder we are not seeing him create as much.

I do think he’s talented player, but our recruitment has been so poor in recent years we just don’t have the right players to let individuals excel in their proper positions. 
  • Options
    i think they’ve already done a deal to sell him in January - most likely to a Scottish team 
  • Options
    i think they’ve already done a deal to sell him in January - most likely to a Scottish team 
    Is that based on a tip off, or just the fact that he’s not in the squad tonight and he’s Scottish?
  • Options
    Weren't Peterborough interested at one time?

Swap for JCH?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Is that based on a tip off, or just the fact that he’s not in the squad tonight and he’s Scottish?
    It’s a complete guess on the grounds that we need to change up the midfield urgently and he has to go and a fit Fraser has a little bit of resale value now 
  • Options
    Has Fraser’s absence against Bristol Rovers been confirmed as an injury? (or could he be on the move)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Has Fraser’s absence against Bristol Rovers been confirmed as an injury? (or could he be on the move)
    Don’t get my hopes up 😉. From the OS yesterday ‘The Jamaican international (Anderson) replaces Scott Fraser, who misses out with a minor calf issue’ but who knows for real 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    It would demonstrate that the new owners mean business (& the start of a serious overhaul) if they have lined up a deal for him to depart.

Guess we’ll soon see how things pan out & how true the mystery calf issue is.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Weren't Peterborough interested at one time?

Swap for JCH?
    Jimmy Cloyd Hasslebaink?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 3
    Going by his social media, he seems to be putting more effort into getting a painter decorator in the Dundee area for his latest property renovation, rather than his football at the moment.
  • Options
    It is amazing how Fraser has gone from being the signing everyone wanted , to a scapegoat in two years.

Fwiw I think he could thrive in the right system with decent players around him.
  • Options
    Personally, I think he’s a much better player than is being suggested by many (particularly Cobbles), but there’s no doubt he’s out of form at the moment and that movement for the goal on Saturday has magnified it. 
    Take it, it weren't you who gave me the promote for declaring he was "f*ckin sh1t" in the match thread then? lol

;) 
  • Options
    Personally, I think he’s a much better player than is being suggested by many (particularly Cobbles), but there’s no doubt he’s out of form at the moment and that movement for the goal on Saturday has magnified it. 
    I genuinely got behind him when he was signed.  I thought good signing, and was excited, but as his time has progressed, I think he epitomizes everything wrong with the players we’ve bought in over the years.  It’s not just him.  Stockley wound me up something chronic before we let him go last season.  Matthews and Inniss as well.  They all seemed to start okay, but deteriorated very quickly.  I think my patience is shot as well now given how long this malaise has gone on.  Like a lot of us, we’re less tolerant of poor performances.

The fact he’s reportedly one of our higher earners as well given what he was on at Ipswich winds me up as well.  I usually don’t care about that sort of thing, but he gives off the impression he’s not putting a shift in.  
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Don’t get my hopes up 😉. From the OS yesterday ‘The Jamaican international (Anderson) replaces Scott Fraser, who misses out with a minor calf issue’ but who knows for real 🤷‍♂️.
    If he really did diddle a baby cow then he deserved to be dropped imho.
  • Options
    Worst of the worst in the squad. I'll die on that hill