Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    I wonder if there were Charlton fans back in the 80’s slagging Alan Simonnsen off because he didn’t run around a lot, and put in crunching tackles on players.

You need different styles of players to get out of this division, brain as well as brawn.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I do think he'll do well this season. I just don't think he played very well on Saturday and he continues to look unfit. 

Maybe that is just him. He's been here long enough to start showing us otherwise. He can twist and turn on the ball, but maybe he just has no comparative pace or stamina. 
    Football is a funny old sport and divided by opinions. I think the opposite, he sets up a lot of our forward moves, covers the grass well, and looks to make something happen. 
    I can see both sides. I do see how he's not really an all action type and has a fairly languid style in general BUT I don't think that doing lots of running and tackling suits his strengths anyway.

He's better suited to being in the right place at the right moment to pick out the likes of May and CBT. In an Ideal world he'd do that AND bring more dynamism too but if he was that good he wouldn't be in L1 anyway.
  • Options
    Definitely more of a fine bottle of wine, rather than a pint of fosters.
  • Options
    Anyone have access to running stats from Saturday would be interested to see? I think he covers the pitch well, others don't. would be good to see the stats on it
  • Options
    I quite like Fraser myself. He knits play nicely. I do think we've missed his ability to just keep the ball and provide some variety in passing. 
  • Options
    I rate Fraser's ability though his work rate can often be lacking. 
  • Options
    The best technical and most creative player we have. Will be missed next few games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our best creative player, though whether he's good enough is I guess debatable. Slightly worrying that McKenna at Ipswich was happy to be rid of him.
  • Options
    When is he due back?

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    When is he due back?

I’ve been wondering this. I can’t remember the club putting out and timeline and I’ve noticed he’s back up Scotland with his family. 

Sounds like a long-term injury. 
  • Options
    Our standout player in pre-season really, few games in and......yep.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    When is he due back?

Keeping it quiet it seems.
  • Options
    For all of my criticisms of Holden and how much he's getting out of this squad, we do miss Fraser. He is good at moving the ball up the field, and has shown a cutting edge in the final third that I wasn't expecting. Camara and Payne can do parts of what Fraser does, but they aren't the technicians that Fraser is. 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    fenaddick said:
    back on the grass from the looks of things 
    Well spotted lol
  • Options
    Like the white training top. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Scored 9 in 42 in an absolutely terrible side last season. At the heart of most things we do in an attacking sense. If he was a complete footballer in he wouldn't be in League 1.

Charlton finished 10th out of 24 so we were bang average rather than Terrible.

Totally agree about Scott Fraser, don't think he has ever played higher than League 1 and it's quite obvious why he hasn't but when fit he still starts. It's for all the other midfielder to be stronger, fitter, mobile and skilful to take his place. He scores more than our other midfielders and a few assists so let's replace players when we get better, not before.
    I still like Scott as a player and mobile players around him will help.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It will be like a new signing...

A great cliche but with both Leaburn and Fraser coming back, Alfie May will be happy and so should the fans and Critics.
  • Options
    The good thing is that with Chempbell apparently hitting the ground running (2 assists in 2 games) Fraser will legitimately have to earn his place back and not just get back in because he's the only option there.

Watson II also looks like he could possibly do a job there too which is positive.
  • Options
    Chem & Fraser are different types of players though. No?
  • Options
    Rob said:
    Chem & Fraser are different types of players though. No?
    In how they play yes. But in more general terms Chem seems to be the one who is filling the main creative role formerly occupied by Fraser, inasmuch as what they bring to the team overall.

• Options
    After all that it looks like Fraser will actually beat Camara back.
  • Options
    After all what? I've not seen many updates apart from a calf impact for Fraser and minor foot niggle for Camara.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    After all what? I've not seen many updates apart from a calf impact for Fraser and minor foot niggle for Camara.
    Once the Charlton medical department get their hands on a minor niggle, that's a 4 month absence. He'll be out until Christmas, play one game then get recalled by Ipswich and sold to Peterborough where he'll plays every minute for the rest of the season...
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    mendonca said:
    In an Instagram post, Fraser was back on the grass today. Still in the dark on Camara.
  • Options
    Saviour?