Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    he needs to be working hard all summer to significantly improve both core strength and aerobic stamina
    he's a decent enough player at this level, ability wise but when things aren't going his or CAFC's way he is AWOL
    in this shitty division sheer bloody hard work will always give you a chance
    of course if any club offers enough of a fee that means losing him won't cost CAFC readies then (same as everybody) he's a potential sale - I won't lose any sleep
    there's an almost limitless supply of OOC players, replacing him with a capable body won't concern DH and whoever's doing the recruitment
    DH keeps his cards too close to his chest for us to know if SF is his 'sort' of player and blending an effective squad ain't likely to be hamstrung (!) by the gain or loss of one player
    the lack of any offer to the likes of Morgan suggests DH ain't looking to jettison SF
    even with him so lightweight and wheezy he's 10 times the player of McGrandles and Kirk added together - they need to be first off the rank when it comes to sale time
    Is he good enough? - probably
    Can he be better than previously? - definitely
    Will he be? - that's up to SF
    Got any advice for Chuks ?
  • Options
    Is he injured? Holden said he’s picked up a niggle 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    He injured himself 10 minutes before the end and then played really well for those 10 minutes for some reason. WOUNDED TIGER
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    He injured himself 10 minutes before the end and then played really well for those 10 minutes for some reason. WOUNDED TIGER
    Looked like a calf issue and he signalled that he needed to come off  - but at that stage we had used out 3 x substitute slots - so he couldn’t be substituted. TBF he was hobbling for the rest of the match. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    He went down near the end, no apparent contact. Terry Smith on commentary said he was signalling he needed to come off, but it seems there is yet another obscure rule about subs that meant we could not sub him even though we had made only 4 subs. FFS. So he hobbled on. Holden in the interview described it as a niggle. But we know what that means at Charlton, although Methven has promised to do something about that. And to be fair up to that point I’d started to get encouraged that nobody had gone down needing treatment and I thought the fitness level looked pretty good. In Alfie May’s case, ferociously so. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    Looked like a calf issue and he signalled that he needed to come off  - but at that stage we had used out 3 x substitute slots - so he couldn’t be substituted. TBF he was hobbling for the rest of the match. 
    You are allowed 5 substitutions now. 
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    Seemingly not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Brownie12 said:
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    You are only allowed 3 breaks in play to make subs,

half time doesn’t count.
    Of course - forgot that part. 
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    Seemingly not
    I think you’re allowed 5 subs over a maximum of 3 occasions, half time does not count as an “occasion”. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    He went down near the end, no apparent contact. Terry Smith on commentary said he was signalling he needed to come off, but it seems there is yet another obscure rule about subs that meant we could not sub him even though we had made only 4 subs. FFS. So he hobbled on. Holden in the interview described it as a niggle. But we know what that means at Charlton, although Methven has promised to do something about that. And to be fair up to that point I’d started to get encouraged that nobody had gone down needing treatment and I thought the fitness level looked pretty good. In Alfie May’s case, ferociously so. 
    Think the 3 sub slot rule was to stop a side running down the clock by making 5 individual subs to break up the game. 

If you make a sub at half time I don’t think that counts towards the 3 slots. 
    Ah, thanks for the explanation, that on reflection is a good idea.
  • Options
    I couldn't understand why Holden didn't sub both Camara and Hector for Anderson and Jones at the same time for this reason. Iirc there was only five minutes between the subs but it meant he only had one window open for another sub.

I think it is prudent to leave one sub available for last minute injuries.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:

Because they could not man mark him
    anymore when Camera come on.. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I couldn't understand why Holden didn't sub both Camara and Hector for Anderson and Jones at the same time for this reason. Iirc there was only five minutes between the subs but it meant he only had one window open for another sub.

I think it is prudent to leave one sub available for last minute injuries.
    I always think it a bit silly when managers make individual "planned" subs, 5 minutes apart. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:

Because they could not man mark him
    anymore when Camera come on.. 
    This is a very good point. Everyone writing off Fraser, wait and see what he can do with those dancing legs alongside him
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Feels like he is playing in slow motion sometimes.

I like him, but he's not the player I thought we'd signed.
  • Options
    He can be excellent and a game changer when up for it and not being man-marked out of the game. I too think when we see Pan, alongside Dobbo and Fraser, the latter is going to find more time and space to work his magic. Oppo midfields are going to have a fair bit to worry about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Feels like he is playing in slow motion sometimes.

I like him, but he's not the player I thought we'd signed.
    That exactly how I see it. I feel he has the ability to produce so much more.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Can be brilliant but yesterday was not one of those days. 
  • Options
    He was crap yesterday and they marked him out of the game (he is going to have to get used to it), but Fraser is our best player technically by a distance
  • Options
    Dobbo, Camara, Fraser is probably the best midfield in this league, and thats before you start talking about Taylor. Dont know much about the latter, but was wanted by multiple championship clubs, so must be decent
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Valley11 said:
    Think the 3 sub slot rule was to stop a side running down the clock by making 5 individual subs to break up the game. 

Except now they have said they will be making more of an effort to add on the exact time for substitutions, which surely now makes that rule pointless?
  • Options
    Orient didn’t press our defence at all, and let our back 3 do what they want. They did this because they didn’t want to commit and leave space for Fraser and Anderson to operate in. This is why both struggled to get involved and when they did they didn’t have much time on the ball at all. In other games he will have more space and will be one of our better players 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    Telling that his contribution for the last 10 - 15 minutes when he was apparently 'niggled' was so significantly better than he'd deigned to make for the previous hour.  He started well enough in that initial helter skelter quarter hour or so then in all to familiar fashion he checked out and disappeared even having the shameless temerity to moan at colleagues he failed to find with under hit passes.  He's his own worst enemy, he ain't going to elevate his career until he accepts it is a 90+ minute effort and applies himself accordingly.  We can only surmise there's something lacking literally or figuratively in the heart and/or lung area.
    The pervading assumption is that Pan Camará's developing fitness will threaten Karoy Anderson's place.  Yesterday's game plus last season's reality suggests PC should displace SF unless and until SF pulls his socks up.
  • Options
    I wish he showed a bit more urgency at corners instead of strolling slowly and nonchalantly across as if , out of boredom, he might keep going into the car park and drive home.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Valley11 said:

Except now they have said they will be making more of an effort to add on the exact time for substitutions, which surely now makes that rule pointless?
    5 separate substitutions instead of 3 would still stop the game twice more and kill the momentum of the game more, even if the time is then added on.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Billy_Mix said:
    Leuth said:
    Valley11 said:
    Telling that his contribution for the last 10 - 15 minutes when he was apparently 'niggled' was so significantly better than he'd deigned to make for the previous hour.  He started well enough in that initial helter skelter quarter hour or so then in all to familiar fashion he checked out and disappeared even having the shameless temerity to moan at colleagues he failed to find with under hit passes.  He's his own worst enemy, he ain't going to elevate his career until he accepts it is a 90+ minute effort and applies himself accordingly.  We can only surmise there's something lacking literally or figuratively in the heart and/or lung area.
    The pervading assumption is that Pan Camará's developing fitness will threaten Karoy Anderson's place.  Yesterday's game plus last season's reality suggests PC should displace SF unless and until SF pulls his socks up.
    Think that Taylor is probably the one who will push for Frasers place.