Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Playing him in his position has made all the difference. He took a heavy knock yesterday, surprised they let him take the free kick from that incident. Felt they have taken him off after it happened, hopefully he be ok for Tuesday.
  • Options
    Taking names of all the fans who didn’t rate him 2 weeks ago.. 
    people were well within their right to criticise him for not contributing enough going forward,  although his position which garner played him had a lot to do with it. Now he’s moved further forward we’ve seen the real Scott Fraser 
    That's the problem with some of our previous managers though, playing players out of position. Since Holden has given Fraser the, effectively, No. 10 role he has become the player we all hoped to see.
    I don't blame Fraser for his earlier performances, but I do blame Garner, square pegs round holes approach!
    It wasn't really a Garner problem was it?  The last two games we have probably had 8 of best 10 out field players avaliable.

9 of them playing in the right position and doing the right job.  You could argue Sessegnon, but as he is the only left back option I will include him.  Clare is a perfectly serviceable right back and given all the other issues having him as 2nd choice right back isn't a major problem.

Given that O'Connell and, giving him the benefit of the doubt, McGrandles are no where near match fit we don't have any viable, like for like, back ups for any of them.  

It was the same last season, Jackson had 9 players that he had no viable alternative for most of the time.

Even if you have players that play notionally in the same position you can't play the same way because the players are very different.

We all know why this is the case and I actually feel sorry for the last 4 managers having to deal with it.
  • Options
    people were well within their right to criticise him for not contributing enough going forward,  although his position which garner played him had a lot to do with it. Now he’s moved further forward we’ve seen the real Scott Fraser 
    For me the issue with him was giving the ball away too often, in particular wanting too much time on the ball and getting caught in possession. He still does that but nowhere near as much add in the goals and assists and he is contributing far more positively than previously.

I think partly he's playing better but this style obviously suits him more. Having runners overlapping means he has option of the through ball or to run on himself whereas before he was holding it waiting for something to develop.
  • Options
    Playing him in his position has made all the difference. He took a heavy knock yesterday, surprised they let him take the free kick from that incident. Felt they have taken him off after it happened, hopefully he be ok for Tuesday.
    I don’t think his position is that different, it’s more that he’s got more freedom to get forward and the team move the ball quicker and take fewer touches. Makes far more sense Morgan staying deeper of the two, while he can pick out a good pass he doesn’t have the movement, close control and composure that Fraser has.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    For me the issue with him was giving the ball away too often, in particular wanting too much time on the ball and getting caught in possession. He still does that but nowhere near as much add in the goals and assists and he is contributing far more positively than previously.

I think partly he's playing better but this style obviously suits him more. Having runners overlapping means he has option of the through ball or to run on himself whereas before he was holding it waiting for something to develop.
    On the comms form the Pompey game someone made a very good point about Marlon Pack, before he was sent off.  He was talking about him trying to force the game and make something happen and looking for passes that weren't there.  How he was getting more and more frustrated amd more and more desperate to make something happen.  Probably why he got himself sent off as well IMO.

They also said it was something we had been guilty of a lot this season, he didn't name names, but to me he was talking about Fraser.  

It's so much easier for him with that front 3 than Stockley and Kirk and with Morgan playing deeper than Payne does and actually having a 3rd center mid to do some of the running.
  • Options
    Without me having to explain why, can someone confirm the lyrics to the Scott Fraser song.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Without me having to explain why, can someone confirm the lyrics to the Scott Fraser song.
    Why?
  • Options
    Nutshell
    Son in pub, everyone's singing it, he doesn't know words and doesn't want to mug himself off by singing the wrong lyrics or out of key.
    Now, please hurry.
  • Options
    Och aye de nue, he’s the Scottish Pirlo.
  • Options
    Follow follow follow, Charlton Atheltic the team to follow.

We’ve got Innis & Egbo. Albie & Dobbo. Fraser the Scottish Pirlo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HE'S FUCKIN GRIEZMANN. DOBBO IS THE ESSEX PIRLO. FFS. 
  • Options
    MORGAN'S PIRLO. DOBBO'S VIEIRA.
  • Options
    MORGAN'S PIRLO..

• Options
    I've never known anyone better embody the term 'windbag' than our dear Mr Mix 
  • Options
    From a very close pitchside vantage point he looked to be struggling from about 50 minutes onward
    No doubting his skill set. 
  • Options
    Luxary player very good footballer but you need to do both the flash and the ugly.
  • Options
    Luxary player very good footballer but you need to do both the flash and the ugly.
    You can afford the luxury player if you have two work horses alongside who can both break up play, get stuck in, run box to box etc. Current issue is we have one of those in Dobbo which magnifies Scott’s luxurious feet and he really does have great feet at times. Not a bag of tricks 100% of the time, but he has them on show nearly every game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been a while since we had a nomination for player of the month?
  • Options
    Clearly a decent player, glad we are finally getting the best out of him, should be in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Been a while since we had a nomination for player of the month?
    Could be a manager of the month for us next 👍
  • Options
    Clearly a decent player, glad we are finally getting the best out of him, should be in the Championship.
    We’ll see .  Well, we might not .
  • Options
    Shit. Get rid.
  • Options
    He was made to look very very ordinary today. Luxury player that we cannot afford to be starting regularly.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    He was made to look very very ordinary today. Luxury player that we cannot afford to be starting regularly.
    When he fancies it he’s a decent asset but those games seem to be  about one in five if you’re lucky. He’s got no engine and doesn’t pull his weight often getting caught in possession and offering little defensively. Today he had one decent cross and one decent effort on goal. Other than that he offered nothing and along with Morgan and a below par Dobson midfield were overrun offering hardly any protection to a hapless defence.