Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    One of these is Fraser, the other is a lifer.

The joke started because Lavelle mistook the fan for the player at the Sponsors dinner and the players were joking about it on their WhatsApp group and then with the fan, all in a good way.

Fortunately for the fan, who does have a masters degree, he looks like his mum.
    His mother also looks like Scott Fraser?
    Like his sister, probably. No beard : - )
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    We should be building the team around him, on paper he’s our best player. So that means 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 and getting him in his favoured position on the left of the midfield 3. If Garner gets his style right and Fraser in that position then he could easily get 20 goals contributions like he did for MK 
    I wanna share your optimism, I really do but.... there's the quote 
    His cameos last season were so far under whelming they were keeping company with moles
  • Options
    One of these is Fraser, the other is a lifer.

The joke started because Lavelle mistook the fan for the player at the Sponsors dinner and the players were joking about it on their WhatsApp group and then with the fan, all in a good way.

Fortunately for the fan, who does have a masters degree, he looks like his mum.
    His mother also looks like Scott Fraser?
    BUT can either of them or their mothers code?
  • Options
    Whoever he is, he owes me a pint.  ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    ross1 said:
    Lavelle does not look very tall, or is Fraser quite tall as well?
    Fraser is standing on a chair.

PS: Just read the post that says it's not Fraser. Duh!

• Options
    expecting big things from him this season, he had a bit of a free pass last season for various reasons
  • Options
    Him and O'Connell have looked our best players over Pre-Season
    Two players perfectly suited to a possession based system, funny that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a big statement to make "I consider myself to be one of the better players in this league"
  • Options
    i like the confidence as well - pleased to hear it 
  • Options
    Reckon he is going to have a great season
  • Options
    Top Pro and looking forward to seeing him shine
  • Options
    That's a big statement to make "I consider myself to be one of the better players in this league"
    It is but honestly I like that kind of ambition/pride, as long as he can back it up of course!
  • Options
    Completely agree. Looking at the highlights, it was him that forced the goalie to rush and make a mistake which we capitalised on for the hand ball. 

#TeamGame
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:
    Been a few comments expressing disappointment in him last night but I felt he was as integral to the performance as some of the more eye-catching contributions. When the opposition press, his close control and ability to use the ball effectively are going to be critical. On the occasions that he was dispossessed he was quick to reclaim it, sharper and more tenacious than last season.

There's going to be a welcome level of competition for places in this new midfield but I think Garner will probably include him more often than not. Hopefully the goals and assists he's known for will soon start to flow too. 
    Thought he had a very good game last night 
  • Options
    Long season I know, and in a nice way it doesnt feel like we've got eleven starters, and then the squad.

Its probably a bit of assurance that Garner is happy with what Fraser is doing, and is seeing more than what we are - But I am a little surprised that Jack Payne still isn't getting ahead of him in the starting line up yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's a crucial part of the system with 89.5% passing accuracy in the last 4 games. That's really impressive. 

*source The Athletic 
    Great stat and that is absolute quality!
  • Options
    He was very good last night, he didn't do anything to really stand out like Clare etc but he kept things ticking over nicely in the midfield. 
  • Options
    He ''makes us tick'' and a lot of the good moves from last night included him, his move to the right of the midfield 3 has helped as he's on the same side as CBT/JRS who are more direct wingers, felt in the first few games and one in pre season that on the left him and Kirk could step on eachothers toes as Kirk comes in and Fraser drifted wider

the goals will come i'm sure

• Options
    Big fan of Fraser. Starting to think his natural fitness level is probably what stops his from playing at a higher level. Does seem to tire dramatically after 60+ mins. 

Having the 5 subs might allow us to get the best out of similar to the Covid season with MK when he was probably one of the best players in the division.
  • Options
    Was at the game and was very impressed feel he is getting better each time I see him excellent player.
  • Options
    Big fan of Fraser. Starting to think his natural fitness level is probably what stops his from playing at a higher level. Does seem to tire dramatically after 60+ mins. 

Having the 5 subs might allow us to get the best out of similar to the Covid season with MK when he was probably one of the best players in the division.
    I have just looked it up,  after the first 3 league games of the season he played 90 minutes pretty much every game that season. 
  • Options
    Thought he tired second half and was anonymous after 60 minutes at Accrington but last night was an integral part of how Garner wants us to play. I still don’t think he’s 100% fit and is still growing into the season. Definitely a quality player at league one level. Having Payne as a replacement or something different is a real luxury for league one.
  • Options
    thought he was excellent last night and is getting better week by week. Think there is a really good player starting to shine through