Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Fraser - pg 29 - Joins Hearts on loan for rest of season

Comments

• Options
    Big fan of Fraser. Starting to think his natural fitness level is probably what stops his from playing at a higher level. Does seem to tire dramatically after 60+ mins. 

Having the 5 subs might allow us to get the best out of similar to the Covid season with MK when he was probably one of the best players in the division.
    Possibly something long covid related? I seem to remember that he was positive when he signed, or just after.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    My favourite thing about Fraser, where Gilbey and Albie last year really struggled, is his weighting and direction of pass. He always paces them perfectly and they’re always just infront of the man where you want them.

Gilbey in particular last year took too long with it and then always seemed to pass it behind the player he was passing it to.
  • Options
    I don't think we have had a player with his abilities for quite some time. He is my current favourite player; long may his form continue.
    I might even change my pic from Fosu...
  • Options
    Impact of being a father been quite different on Fraser to McG last season. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Nice to see the majority of the team were pretty confident about stepping up
  • Options
    I have to say, this one is another absolute fraud.  I genuinely, in a weaker moment believed he was going to be one of the players that could help us build something when we signed him last season.  It’s evident he’s only interested in picking up his grossly overpaid wages and nothing else 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Overrated, had high hopes for him this season but he's not good enough 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I have to say, this one is another absolute fraud.  I genuinely, in a weaker moment believed he was going to be one of the players that could help us build something when we signed him last season.  It’s evident he’s only interested in picking up his grossly overpaid wages and nothing else 
    Don’t agree with this at all. You aren’t about to tell me we should play Morgan instead ? 
    Absolutely not.  But are we getting value for money from him?  He’s had a very poor season and supposedly has a bit of talent.  We haven’t seen it.  
  • Options
    The most one paced player I have ever seen, he warms up, trains, runs with the ball, without the ball, everything he does on the pitch is at the same pace, and that pace isn't fast enough. Doesn't shoot enough, isn't creative enough, isn't tenacious enough, I'd rather play Aaron Henry at this rate
  • Options
    He had a good half a dozen games earlier on in the season and my initial opinion of utter ponage changed completely and he’s gone back to shit again 
    hate em all 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Starting to think we're the problem. 
  • Options
    I just don't think he is very good.  I didn't see THAT game but I watched, with interest his next two games against us and he did sod all.

He is like a lot of our players in that he will do something and you think "bloody he'll that was good" and we all get excited.  Then he doesn't do anything of note for a month. 

I have seen nothing that makes me think he is better than JFC was, I have no idea how good JFC is now but he can't be as slow and one paced as Fraser?  
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    He's good at keeping the ball in tight situations. I haven't seen anything else. Disappointing. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I just don't think he is very good.  I didn't see THAT game but I watched, with interest his next two games against us and he did sod all.

He is like a lot of our players in that he will do something and you think "bloody he'll that was good" and we all get excited.  Then he doesn't do anything of note for a month. 

I have seen nothing that makes me think he is better than JFC was, I have no idea how good JFC is now but he can't be as slow and one paced as Fraser?  
    Take a look next time JFC plays then & see the difference. Last time JFC played (in the cup at Stockport) the general consensus on here was that he should never play again for us.

I think today we had our best midfield out - Dobson, Fraser, Payne, CBT & JRS. Morgan is League 2 level (at best).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Tidy player. Has the skills but doubt he’ll ever take a game by the scruff and win it for us. Overall, disappointing. Wouldn’t mind him staying as I do think the potential is there, but at the same time would not be upset if he was one to leave.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    This. We seem to sign an awful lot of players with decent pedigrees elsewhere and quickly turn them into wasters. Can’t all be coincidental. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    cabbles said:
    100%. It's not difficult for a coach with any ounce of football knowlegde to watch innis and say to him "put your boot through it"

innis playing it out from the back is like painting a room with a dulux tester brush 
  • Options
    Fraser been excellent .. yesterday with Payne alongside him they looked dangerous from mid 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    This. We seem to sign an awful lot of players with decent pedigrees elsewhere and quickly turn them into wasters. Can’t all be coincidental. 
    Although it didn’t go well for him at Ipswich .  Maybe his season at MK Dons was his Nicky Ajose. 

He’s a low tempo footballer - no drive or energy .  Ok passer but no better than that .  Not our worst player but not a good one either . 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Take a look next time JFC plays then & see the difference. Last time JFC played (in the cup at Stockport) the general consensus on here was that he should never play again for us.

I think today we had our best midfield out - Dobson, Fraser, Payne, CBT & JRS. Morgan is League 2 level (at best).
    Fraser has played nearly every game this season whereas JFC has been played in meaningless cup games . There’s more goodwill towards JFC from many, I accept, because he’s probably had 75 good games for us , whereas Fraser would be in single figures, despite many people thinking he is Claus Jensen reincarnate .  
  • Options
    A cursory check of Player Marks for the season will confirm that Fraser has indeed been one of our better performers by general consensus. I know things are shit but accusing him of only caring about his wages? He's had to add getting stuck in to his game this season and done so with commitment and a degree of success. There ARE players to point the finger at but sorry cabbles, you've got the wrong bloke here
  • Options
    Fraser is the least of our problems. He’s clearly a talented player who is calm on the ball in tight spaces, and is able to link up defence to attack when things are going well for us.

Sadly due to poor recruitment, and lack of consistency in coaching structure, we are so unbalanced across the whole pitch that even though we have pockets of talent overall we are just not competitive enough.
  • Options
    Fraser has his weaknesses but he’s not the problem. He might not be the player we hoped but he could be part of a top 6 squad. We’re at that point where everyone is being dragged down but as we’ve seen in relegation squads of the past some players will go on to do well elsewhere.

TS has tried to build a promotion winning squad but doesn’t have the funds to compete with the likes of Ipswich.

The recruitment hasn’t been good enough to make up for that. Look at the money wasted - bringing in Stockley, Lavelle, Aneke, Schwartz, Kirk, signing up Inniss etc and then last summer deciding to become a high pressing possession team in which those players are completely unsuitable - all of them either lack the technical ability or the energy required to pass and press.

I hope we have a new owner soon who will decide on a strategy and do a better job of implementing it. If that involves a very specific style of play then fine, TS isn’t unusual in doing that, but if that’s the case then the funding and patience needs to be there. If either of those are more limited then we need a manager who will play whatever system gets the best from what he has.