Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | Monday 31st January @ 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Over the past 2 weekends there have been a number of players making their debuts AND even scoring. 

Ours don't even make the bench. 
  • Options
    Over the past 2 weekends there have been a number of players making their debuts AND even scoring. 

Bang on. It's only ever at Charlton that players "have to settle in", it's pathetic
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare - Inniss - Famewo
    Dobson
    Matthews - Morgan - Gilbey - B.Taylor
    Washington - Aneke

Henderson, Purrington, Pearce, Jaiyesimi, Lee, Leko, WATSON FFS

Can see that Watson was a very late addition.
    That's 8 of the 11 that started the first game of the season.  Only 2 of the 8 players we have signed since then play 🙄
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Loaning out Davison, yes yes I know but.., looks a bit silly now. 
    A bit like letting the transfer window shut & then letting one of your 4 strikers leave without replacing them.....(Schwartz)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    mendonca said:

Wonder of Clare or Matthews playing RWB.
    Maybe there's a bit of plan here? 

Jacko has got Blackett-Taylor as the attacking LWB. 
    Mathews becomes the defensive wing back on right side.

Matthews is decent enough at RCB in this formation and can cover and interchange with the more athletic Clare getting forward?

• Options
    Maybe whoever is buying him will loan us a player. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Feels a bit flat with our only player of late who knows where the goal is, being out the picture. 

We have 2 left backs/wing backs but gone for a right footed forward in that position. Feels a bit Bowyer that!
  • Options
    Matthews, so good at RCB he let a Hartlepool player breeze past him to score the other night. On top of that, probably the worst attacking full-back we've ever had at Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Adam Matthews starting and Ben Watson still making the squad after the Hartlepool game, and no John or Castillo, what's the fucking point?
    We won't see Watson play tonight. He's the touchline coach. :wink:

• Options
    I can see Lee coming off the bench as a striker tonight
  • Options
    is Burstow injured then? 

we have no forwards on the bench. 
  • Options
    Is there no preview on Charlton TV ?

• Options
    Ha ha ha ha......

We sell our youngsters & then the ones we take on loan don't even make the bench. 

You couldn't make it up. 
    Didnt think you wanted the loan players anyway... Make your mind up?
    I didn't but once they're here I'd want to see them play.

I was going to post on the pre match thread that I bet they wont be playing after what Jackson said on Friday....but thought even our manager wouldn't be that stupid.
  • Options
    Scrap what I have said. It looks like we are selling him.
    Yup seems so
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:

Bang on. It's only ever at Charlton that players "have to settle in", it's pathetic
    You don't get that problem playing Football Manager. :smile:

• Options
    How can neither or John or Castillo be worth a place on the bench?

When Bowyer only named 5 subs on the first game of the season against Sunderland lots of posters said he was making a statement to the owner.

Perhaps these players have been forced on Jackson.. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can see Lee coming off the bench as a striker tonight
    He might have to!

• Options
    edited January 2022
    I can understand Jacko giving players last chances to impress, but I had already written off Matthews being here next season. Maybe Jacko hasn't written him off yet.
  • Options
    is Burstow injured then? 

No, signing for Palace.  :anguished:

PS: I don't know either!
  • Options
    Scrap what I have said. It looks like we are selling him.
    Yup seems so
    what?! we're talking about Burstow yeah? He's barely played a game. Premiership?! f@ck me, football is mental. 
  • Options
    Brilliant that the two premier league lads are ready to play football straight away.

Madness to let Burstow go when we have no striker option on the bench
  • Options
    How many teams sign players and then don't even put them in the squad? Sorry to be doom and gloom but will be amazed if we get anything tonight with our away form. Prove me wrong Charlton 
    New manager, same old shit.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Matthews, so good at RCB he let a Hartlepool player breeze past him to score the other night. On top of that, probably the worst attacking full-back we've ever had at Charlton
    Conveniently forgetting the Championship season? :wink:

• Options
    I can understand Jacko giving players last chances to impress, but I had already written off Matthews being here next season. Maybe Jacko hasn't written him off yet.
    Maybe it was a choice between Matthews and Gunter - what would be your choice?

• Options
    How many teams sign players and then don't even put them in the squad? Sorry to be doom and gloom but will be amazed if we get anything tonight with our away form. Prove me wrong Charlton 
    New manager, same old shit.
    But he's one of us, no criticisms please!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Albie Morgan ….. Aaaargh
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!