Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | Monday 31st January @ 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    Month end so been busy at work today. What’s the Burstow transfer rumour then ? 
  • Options
    bid in for Burstow from premier league team says JJ
    & the rules state that we're not allowed to turn it down, so off you trot Mason. Sangaard says it was a deal that we couldn't turn down & we couldn't deny Mason the opportunity of a lifetime but we look forward to welcoming him back at  the Valley when we're in the Premier in 2 years time.
  • Options
    Jacko looks like he's had a good ol' cry. Someone give him a hug
    They had to stop the coach so Burstow could get picked up by his agent but the services had a Burger King and Jacko had his heart set on a double Big Mac and a chocolate milkshake from maccy dees 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Month end so been busy at work today. What’s the Burstow transfer rumour then ? 
    Ignore me - there’s a big thread about him 
  • Options
    Not sure how much typing I'm going to be able to do here, but will try to update the major things
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    God even I know DJ hasn't been perfect, but Matthews at wing-back?! Aaaargh

(maybe they're using DJ as an impact sub and he'll come on, but Matthews! God, no!)
    DJ did alright, not perfect and even Leko did alright before his knock.  Matthews hasn’t shown any wing back skills, taking a man on, crossing or creating - he’s a nose bleed going forward, a liability going back and more often than not invisible in no man’s land
  • Options
    I still find it hilarious that TV will still talk about whether we can make a playoff charge, whereas if it was Cheltenham or Fleetwood in the same situation all the talk would be about the gap to the bottom 4
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ads said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I can understand Jacko giving players last chances to impress, but I had already written off Matthews being here next season. Maybe Jacko hasn't written him off yet.
    Maybe it was a choice between Matthews and Gunter - what would be your choice?

They've only had the whole.transfer window.to.sort that issue
    You can't just get rid of a player under contract.

Looks like we've managed to do it with Burstow. Talk about indecent haste, unbelievable really. Does everybody look at us as a soft touch ?
    That's not the same thing though, is it?

Selling a player to another club is one thing.

But getting rid of a player under contract can't be done - unless there's a buying club.

• Options
    Can't believe Chelsea waited the whole of January and then try and sign Burstow just before the window closes.

• Options
    Nice interception by Morgan, but Gilbey's heavy touch means we lose possession again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    That was the quintessential example of Gilbey on the counter attack.
  • Options
    Gilbeywatch: the touch of one of the classiest 20 midfielders in the league sees the ball run ten yards away from him as he is dispossessed. Then he kicks a 6-yard pass out for a throw 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Oggy Red said:
    ads said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I can understand Jacko giving players last chances to impress, but I had already written off Matthews being here next season. Maybe Jacko hasn't written him off yet.
    Maybe it was a choice between Matthews and Gunter - what would be your choice?

They've only had the whole.transfer window.to.sort that issue
    You can't just get rid of a player under contract.

Looks like we've managed to do it with Burstow. Talk about indecent haste, unbelievable really. Does everybody look at us as a soft touch ?

Indecent haste? He's not even gone yet, and may not. And you certainly can't say it's being a soft touch with no details of the fee. A considerable fee in League one is pocket change to a lot of Premiership teams.

If the big boys start throwing cash around, no club at this level will be negotiating from a position of strength. 
    With no strikers left that seem able to maintain fitness we should at least tell them to come back in the summer. A considerable fee in League one will be even better in League two.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Gilbeywatch: the touch of one of the classiest 20 midfielders in the league sees the ball run ten yards away from him as he is dispossessed. Then he kicks a 6-yard pass out for a throw 
    Jesus wept
  • Options
    Erk, ball over the top evades the defence and Pompey just shoot wide.
  • Options
    Jesus, did we forget what end we're playing at there?
  • Options
    Christ that was too easy
  • Options
    edited January 2022

"Come on @cafcofficial....... Give my lad a contract, someone? Anyone? Please? 🙏"
  • Options
    Oh look our wing backs can't defend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey cross comes in from our right but Romeo blazes well high.
  • Options
    Matthews adding to defensive confusion...not helping it.
  • Options
    Not a promising first 5. COY Addicks 
  • Options
    Can anyone involved in this production say Charlton? Charltin now, FFS!
  • Options
    Gilbeywatch: you all saw that, right? Lol
  • Options
    Pompey tactic - kick it and watch your men run onto it in the huge gaps behind and in front of the charlton back 1.  Could be a long night
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Gilbey given the ball away 3 times in 5 minutes!!
  • Options
    Good start from Albie
  • Options
    That’s twice Gilbey has lost control of the ball when on the break. Poor. 
  • Options
    We have a free kick on the left, header back across  goal evades everyone, but Pompey can't clear properly.  Morgan puts a cross in and now it's cleared.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!