Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    I know im getting on but from memory pitches in the Windies in the 70s and 80s were absolutely dangerous. 
    This pitch is the most unlikely Windies pitch I have every seen. 
    This match is nailed on for a draw. 
    How many times could we say that down the years. 
  • Options
    Lees out LBW - head not in line with ball and falling over. Even worse, he reviews it in a nanosecond

24-1
    Very poor waste of a review. It's become a thing where top order players automatically review LBWs, hoping they're missing. He would have known whether he hit it or not
    I don't think we could see whether he got a signal from Crawley but it was, as you say, almost premeditated. Batsmen seem to have forgotten that reviews are meant to be used to turn over howlers not as a vehicle for self preservation. 

Lees deserves the series to prove himself and I hope he has some success in that regard but the fact that he has been out LBW in seven of his last 21 First Class innings is worrying. Haven't seen any of the other dismissals but the head going too far across and falling over will mean that he ends up outside the line of the ball and also playing across his pads. Which is a very basic technical fault and not one that one would expect of a Test opener.
    England's selection strategy is also causing confusion. Even if Lees and Lawrence make a few runs here, we have no idea if Burns, Hameed and Malan would have made similar scores or better, in easier conditions than in Australia on sporty pitches
    I actually think that Stauss, Root etc know exactly what they are getting with the three - in the case of Burns and Malan they will be pretty confident, on all known information, that they probably would get runs against the Windies. They will be, however, 32 and 35 respectively by the end of the season and with Root, Stokes and Bairstow in the top six, probably feel that the time is right to give others a chance. Hameed might well too have scored runs but his confidence is shot to pieces and probably does need time to find his form away from the glare of the international scene.

There might also be another fear and that is that if there is no incentive for those who are in and around the Test squad to actually play, then those players might divert their attention to concentrating on white ball. And that would mean the Test selection pool becoming even smaller than it is already. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Tea, day four.

146-1, lead by 82.

Crawley 79 (156)
    Root 55 (114)
  • Options
    Crawley 100 no
    185-1
  • Options
    50 for Zak

He needs to go on and made it count now
    And he does! 100 for Zak
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    100 for Crawley!

185-1

Crawley 100 (181)
    Root 72 (141)
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I didn't realise that Trescothick was part of the "new" coaching set-up. Great to see he is over the worst of his travel issues from 10+ years ago.
  • Options
    Well batted Zak Crawley. Now go BIG!!!

• Options
    England have made more centuries in this match than they did in the whole Ashes series. 
  • Options
    Permaul is rubbish actually. BRING BACK RAHKEEM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was an example of what I was talking about the stamina and concentration needed by a keeper in such conditions. I'm sure that had that chance been the first ball of the innings then Da Silva would have made a much better attempt at taking the catch. He even knew in advance exactly the line that was being bowled and yet he reacted late to it and was so leaden-footed too.
  • Options
    I didn't realise that Trescothick was part of the "new" coaching set-up. Great to see he is over the worst of his travel issues from 10+ years ago.
    Like Harmy, I can see the similarities between Tres and Zak. Most teams these days seem to have one attacking opener
  • Options
    Well done Colin - those stump mics cost a bomb!

• Options
    Looks like JFH when he played for us. 
  • Options
    Looks like JFH when he played for us. 
    Jfh never ran that fast or far in a Charlton shirt
  • Options
    Root gets yet another ton. Not one I imagine he'll treasure that much unless England can somehow force a win
  • Options
    We should declare at lunch.
    But we all know we won't. 
  • Options
    Just!
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Just!
    Joe Root reads Charlton life. 
    Fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Right here I go.
    I hate the 100 with a passion and test match cricket should always be the pinnacle of our game. 
    But ffs wickets like this don't help persuade people I'm correct. 
  • Options
    Leach ripping through the Windies!
  • Options
    What so winviz reckon ??  I'd go with

Windies 1%
    Draw      74%
    England 25%

• Options
    What so winviz reckon ??  I'd go with

Windies 1%
    Draw      74%
    England 25%

That's correct based on current odds except it's 0% for Windies
  • Options
    CricViz app says England 16%, Draw 84%
  • Options
    Get the wickets of the two at the crease and I will believe it’s possible. About 30 overs left in the day.
  • Options
    Wood and Robinson both miss the second Test, Mahmood plays
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Wood and Robinson both miss the second Test, Mahmood plays
    And Overton misses out too. Mahmood and Fisher to debut and Woakes lucky to keep his place.

We've won the toss and will bat.