Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Incredible to think that, in the list of West Indies wicket takers, the quartet of Marshall (3rd - 376), Garner (5th - 359), Holding (6th - 249) and Roberts (9th - 202) all operated during much the same period. Though Walsh (1st - 519) and Ambrose (2nd - 405) did likewise.  
    Also
    Wayne Daniel and Sylvester Clarke ain't on the list.
    Unbelievable amount of world class fast bowlers they had back then.
    Veterans of those times reckon Sylvester Clarke was the most frightening of the lot. Seems that by the evening session of a game he was looking forward to going home and putting his feet up, and if you delayed that by standing there with a bat in you hand, you copped it big time.

Like Malcolm Marshall, sadly gone far too early.
  • Options
    Curtley's not happy with the wicket, but I bet HE would still have been horrible to face today!
  • Options
    Just seen this stat on BBC. Root has scored 2004 runs since January 2021. Second on the list, is Rishabh Pant….with 1077. 
  • Options
    Bet our two debutants are really looking forward to bowling on this track
  • Options
    Incredible to think that, in the list of West Indies wicket takers, the quartet of Marshall (3rd - 376), Garner (5th - 359), Holding (6th - 249) and Roberts (9th - 202) all operated during much the same period. Though Walsh (1st - 519) and Ambrose (2nd - 405) did likewise.  
    Also
    Wayne Daniel and Sylvester Clarke ain't on the list.
    Unbelievable amount of world class fast bowlers they had back then.
    Veterans of those times reckon Sylvester Clarke was the most frightening of the lot. Seems that by the evening session of a game he was looking forward to going home and putting his feet up, and if you delayed that by standing there with a bat in you hand, you copped it big time.

Like Malcolm Marshall, sadly gone far too early.
    David Lloyd  ( bumble  ) said  Sylvester Clarke was the fastest bowler he had ever faced. 

Having watched him bowl at the Oval many times I can understand why. 
  • Options
    @Pelling1993 is leading the singing in the G&H stand, just spotted him. 
  • Options
    Glory boy  :)
  • Options
    That is a great shame. One too many drives on the up.
  • Options
    Got a bit carried away there
  • Options
    Got a bit carried away there
    Yep - don't know if Root had a word but, if he didn't, then he should have done. On a wicket like that Holder was never going to miss the opportunity to offer him another one albeit that he deliberately held it back a fraction. Lawrence will learn but he did show the sort of positivity that we do need. 

Looks like, with the possible exception of Lees, our top seven is sorted for the foreseeable future. At least he did blunt their opening attack but would like to see a bit more from him and a little less inclination to get out LBW - all three of his Test dismissals and 8 of his last 21 innings have been that way which suggests he may have an issue in that respect.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barely watched any of that beyond the first hour. These pitches are so dangerous for Test cricket 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Barely watched any of that beyond the first hour. These pitches are so dangerous for Test cricket 
    Yes it wasn't great. The sort of pitch which ensures a full house of English tourists coughing up lots of money for 5 days, but does nothing for the spectacle
  • Options
    I possibly had the best day of my life today 😂
  • Options
    Met my sporting hero (other than Sir Chris Powell)
    Your sporting hero looks like a giant thumb!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    This is more like it. 

Stokes has 7 mins before lunch to get his century. 100 in a session is a rarity nowdays.....especially when its from just 1 player..😂
  • Options
    Not been to the ground per se, but walked past it on my way back from the docks after an afternoon in a glass bottom submarine. Holiday in Barbados in 1995.
  • Options
    Stokes is going for it !!!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Is that Tres ?

Funny how he can tour now he's not playing. 
  • Options
    He was treated for clinical depression which has obviously helped him. The other thing is that there is a world of difference between the pressure of opening the batting for England and being the batting coach. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unbelievable morning!
  • Options
    Is that Tres ?

Funny how he can tour now he's not playing. 
    Weird comment. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable morning!
    Really? Maybe if you're there. Unbelievably flat pitch, tired bowlers, bored Stokes - a recipe for some bullying. Not the sort of Test cricket I'm into, sorry. No contest, no edge. England will do well to get 20 wickets 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Unbelievable morning!
    Really? Maybe if you're there. Unbelievably flat pitch, tired bowlers, bored Stokes - a recipe for some bullying. Not the sort of Test cricket I'm into, sorry. No contest, no edge. England will do well to get 20 wickets 
    You prefer us to be skittled for 180?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Unbelievable morning!
    You prefer us to be skittled for 180?
    There's a happy medium
  • Options
    If England get 20 wickets they will win the match. 
  • Options
    If England get 20 wickets they will win the match. 
    That's the problem!!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Root gone for 153 - Roach gets him lbw after reviewing a not out call.

Stokes only a couple away now.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    100 up for Ben Stokes in 114 balls.

396-4

Bairstow 12 (25)
  • Options
    our five man tail wont get 50 between them- probably our weakest bowling attack ever
    and will be unable to bowl any team out.  Please prove me wrong.