Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    How few no balls do Jimmy and Broady bowl? Get your action and runup perfected with practice
  • Options
    Seriously. When it is that hard to take wickets why does a bowler bowl no balls. It wasn't as if it were his first one - it was his fifth. For the sake of going back a few inches. Brain dead.
  • Options
    Seriously. When it is that hard to take wickets why does a bowler bowl no balls. It wasn't as if it were his first one - it was his fifth. For the sake of going back a few inches. Brain dead.
    I'm guessing England took a wicket off a no ball? Who was it?
  • Options
    Mahmood

Would have been his maiden wicket
  • Options
    Mahmood - would have been his first Test wicket too!
  • Options
    England finally get a breakthrough, and it's Lawrence who gets it
  • Options
    I imagine that when the tour party was picked, very few pundits would have imagined that Dan Lawrence would be second in the 2022 Test bowling averages by now. 

And absolutely none at all would have guessed he'd only be behind Ross Taylor. 
  • Options
    No substitute for revs on the ball. Lawrence gives it a massive rip, needs to be taken a lot more seriously as a bowler
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    No substitute for revs on the ball. Lawrence gives it a massive rip, needs to be taken a lot more seriously as a bowler
    He has a weird action for an off spinner, the wheeling arms are more like that of a leggie!
  • Options
    The Windies batting is putting our 500 into perspective, especially on a more worn pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    He has a weird action for an off spinner, the wheeling arms are more like that of a leggie!
    Looks like a gangly teenager. Almost left after the over before the wicket. Windies fans found their voices in the last hour and were very funny. 
  • Options
    Leech is worse than Giles. No turn & no flight. Both Root & Lawrence are better bowlers......and they are part timers. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Frog in a blender is young Dan Lawrence 
  • Options
    I hope we're not dissing offies who bowl with a legspinner's run-up
  • Options
    Two bang average teams playing on a lifeless track. 
  • Options
    I wonder if Lawrence will get an extended bowl today. Considering he looked more dangerous than the rest of them combined, you'd hope so
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I wonder if Lawrence will get an extended bowl today. Considering he looked more dangerous than the rest of them combined, you'd hope so
    He should have been tried yesterday earlier

The only way this game can be interesting is if England can bowl the Windies out fairly cheaply, bat quickly and declare, but it's a very long shot
  • Options
    Draw
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Draw
    It would take at least six days cricket to get a result on this wicket. 
    I understand why they have done it but it's not good to watch.
  • Options
    Brathwaite is finally out. Half way through day 4 and he's finally not involved in the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Draw
    I mean, it’s not awful to watch. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He should have been tried yesterday earlier

The only way this game can be interesting is if England can bowl the Windies out fairly cheaply, bat quickly and declare, but it's a very long shot
    I watch all of England's games, rarely miss a ball.
    But this match is so boring I forgot we were playing until about 10 minutes ago.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Draw
    Not awful, just tiresome.

W.indies have no thought of doing anything but to bat, bat & bat some more......without accumulating many runs. I dont think I've seen a team take the 2nd new ball & the opposition having less than 400 runs.

This is a dead game. Even if it were a timeless test the teams would have to call it a draw as England would need to catch their flight home !
  • Options
    I hate there being DRS but the bowling side not being able to use it. Australia showed at Headingley in 2019 how "using up your reviews" takes away the fact there could be an umpiring howler & it goes unpunished. DRS should be taken away from the players & put it the hands of the umpires, like VAR in football. 
  • Options
    In this situation, I think the previous rule where the reviews are renewed when a new ball is taken seems fairer. 182 overs is an awful lot with just 3 reviews
  • Options
    411 all out

Leach 3-118 off one ball short of 70 overs. His average prior to this had been 22 overs per innings and he surpassed that with his 27 maidens alone in this innings
  • Options
    Those England batsmen who came out to the Windies to be destroyed by their legendary fast bowlers on fast bouncy wickets, would be looking longingly at this pitch with the Windies opening the bowling with a spinner.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Draw
    It is when you know a draw is the only possible result 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Draw
    It is when you know a draw is the only possible result 
    Have 6 grand on the draw then to win a grand.
  • Options
    It's probably not bad to watch if you're in Barbados.
    I could definitely tolerate it  :)