Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    6 wickets for Jacks on debut .. not bad for a part time spinner
  • Options
    O think we declared just a tad too early. I agree with setting a getable target but at this rate Pakistan will only need 240 -250 tomorrow, at 3 an over. 

Think we needed to set them closer to 400. 
  • Options
    Can't really call our bowlers "spinners". I thought the whole point was for the ball to land & then spin....hopefully away from the bat so there is an edge to slip or short leg.

Its just slow bowling. There is no concernable spin at all. 
  • Options
    According to the BBC coverage: If Pakistan chase this it will be the second highest scoring Test in history. The only one higher was a timeless Test in 1939
  • Options
    The mindset between how we play now and how we did a few years ago is massive. 
    Alistair cook for instance would not have declared until after an hours play tomorrow. 

• Options
    Incredible ODI between Bangladesh and India btw
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just seen that. Bangladesh were chasing 187 and collapsed to 136/9 but somehow made it to nick the win.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Just seen that. Bangladesh were chasing 187 and collapsed to 136/9 but somehow made it to nick the win.
    are the bookies calling for a steward's enquiry ? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Excellent. When it comes to cricket, any defeat for India is a good thing in my book. That it’s come at the hands of a relative minnow is even better. That the defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory makes it better still.
    The only way it could be better would be if the arrogant prick Virat Kohli got a golden duck and then slipped on a dog turd on his way back to the pavilion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I have just asked a cricketer I know, and he said the players would always want a bold declaration and the result can go either way, than plod on for another 20 overs and give no incentive to the other team to chase and spend the last day and half going through the motions 
  • Options
    What time does play start tomorrow ?
  • Options
    What time does play start tomorrow ?
    7 minutes early to make up the nearly 70 lost overs so far...
  • Options
    that can’t be serious 
    4.53am ?
  • Options
    that can’t be serious 
    4.53am ?
    Sorry they are actually going to squeeze those 70 overs in to 15 minutes.  So about 4.45am.
  • Options
    Golfie has just woken them up to make a start on the lost overs. 
  • Options
    Jacks may have burgled 6 in the first knock but god he's just not good enough yet 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Jacks may have burgled 6 in the first knock but god he's just not good enough yet 

Unfortunately, none of our spinners are proving effective and it's they and not the seamers that are leaking runs:

Seamers - 15 overs, 1-13
    Spinners - 16 overs, 0-72

169-3 at lunch and 174 required

• Options
    England will be criticised for their attacking style if they lose this, but I don't think there's another team in world cricket that would've tried to force a win in this match 
  • Options
    Breakthrough! Anderson. Who else!!!

176-4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needed that.
    Game on
  • Options
    Azhar, with his injured finger is back. Think I know where we might be bowling it at him - with the odd double bluff too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    England will be criticised for their attacking style if they lose this, but I don't think there's another team in world cricket that would've tried to force a win in this match 
    There can't have been a five day Test match where the teams have scored over 1,200 runs combined in their first innings and there's been a result. Our run rate of 6.50 in this match is the fastest for any score of 650 or above by a country mile - the nearest is Australia's 735-6 at 5.01 in October, 2003 against Zimbabwe which ended up in a win by the Aussies by an innings and 175 runs.
  • Options
    Great catch by Jennings off Robinson to dismiss Shakeel

198-5
  • Options
    Jimmy Anderson is a remarkable man, in a test match that is going to produce the best part of 2,000 runs he is going at about 2 an over.
  • Options
    This is now the most runs (1,712) in a Test match in Pakistan
  • Options
    Who would have thought that we went into the game with four spinners and three seamers and on the penultimate session of the 5th day we could do with another seamer or two because all the wickets have been taken by the quicks in this innings (5-108 as opposed to the spinners 0-106)

217-5 and 126 runs required by Pakistan

• Options
    England 2.44
    Pakistan 3.65
    Draw 3.10

• Options
    edited December 2022
    No idea how England are favourites here
  • Options
    No idea how England are favourites here
    I think it's because one more wicket and that should lead to a clatter of stumps given Pakistan's tail. Plus the new ball is due in 8 overs time