Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Problem is, we might want to win the match but Pakistan will be more than happy with a draw. Cant see them chasing 350 on the last day.....and play will finish early anyway due to the light  
  • Options
    Roo batting left handed in a test match.
    I think I've seen it all now.
  • Options
    Joe Root has just adopted a left handed stance - and was almost caught. Next ball he goes back to being a right hander and reverse sweeps it for a boundary. 
  • Options
    I've said it before, as have many of here, but Brook is a class bat. At 23 and in only his second Test match, he is the heir apparent to Root at 4 - though he might have a few years left to wait to get that spot because it will all depends on when Root wants to stop playing Test cricket and I suspect that the former England captain has a one or two records he has in his sights before he does.  
  • Options
    Root eventually swept himself to death for a fine 73 off 69 balls

192-4 and a lead of 270
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    And Stokes follows three balls later. The next question is, of course, how many runs do we want/need?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    50 for Brook - the 11th occasion that someone has reached that milestone in the match
  • Options
    And Stokes follows three balls later. The next question is, of course, how many runs do we want/need?
    My guess is a lead of 350.
  • Options
    Christ, Brook is a monster
  • Options
    Jacks with a quickfire 24 off 13 sacrifices his wicket in the cause

248-6 and a lead of 326
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brook has a record of his own possibly looming. One he could have had in the first knock too
  • Options
    At times we don't bat this quick in 20/20.
    Unbelievable for a Test.
  • Options
    I've mentioned that the four English batsmen that scored a ton in the first innings all went to private schools and there is no doubt in my mind that the facilities and in house coaching available in those environments give those youngsters a massive advantage over those that aren't afforded that opportunity. 

That said, you don't make it without talent but, most of all, application. By his own admission, Brook was a chubby teenager and had to work hard on reducing the "puppy fat" as well as honing his skills. So, every morning from Monday to Friday, for the whole winter, he would meet the head of cricket at Sedbergh School, former Durham and Sussex cricketer, Martin Speight, at 6.30am. There are similar stories about how Alastair Cook used to do exactly the same with Derek Randall. It is that dedication that differentiates the best from the good players. 
  • Options
    One extravagant shot too many and Brook goes for 87 off 65 balls

264-7 and a lead of 342 runs at tea
  • Options
    Brook out for 87.
    Shame as he fully deserved a ton.
  • Options
    Incredibly annoying last 30mins. Went from batting properly and positively to just swinging like rusty gates.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I think England will be looking for just a few more runs after tea.....maybe a lead of 380- 400. 

Seeing as they've come off for bad light around 11.40-11.50 GMT each day so far that gives around 90 mins of play left today, and then 80 overs or so tomorrow (wont get the full 90 in). Thus leaving Pakistan to get 380-400 in 90 overs.

Edit.

Just seen we've declared at tea.

Pakistan need 343 to win in roughly 100 overs.

• Options
    Sangakkara in front of a giant Xmas tree is strangely the most wholesome content 
  • Options
    Idiotic declaration.
  • Options
    Ive got a bad feeling here. Pakistan will fancy this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pakistan odds on 

England must have laid the draw with that declaration 
  • Options
    Happy hookers will eventually get out. The ability to pick the right short balls to hit and the right areas to hit them is king
  • Options
    Bazball has infected the Pakistani brains!
  • Options
    1 down

9 to go. 
  • Options
    Happy hookers will eventually get out. The ability to pick the right short balls to hit and the right areas to hit them is king
    This dude's been averaging 80 in Tests, impossible to dislodge. Australia have struggled to get him out. Hardly a happy hooker! Drawn in by the mood of the game, no doubt
  • Options
    1 down

9 to go. 
    Possibly two down with the finger injury to Azhar. Get Babar now and we are well and truly in the driving seat
  • Options
    1 down

9 to go. 
    Possibly two down with the finger injury to Azhar. Get Babar now and we are well and truly in the driving seat
    As you ask.
    England deliver 
  • Options
    England odds on now !!!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    This dude's been averaging 80 in Tests, impossible to dislodge. Australia have struggled to get him out. Hardly a happy hooker! Drawn in by the mood of the game, no doubt
    That makes him him a happy hooker in my opinion. He was happy to pull a ball that he could have left but instead chose to take on the three men out waiting for him to do that. On this deck and the time available he simply didn't need to do it. It is what England wanted him to do and in doing so he opened up the opportunity for more wickets to follow - the injury to Azhar and dismissal of Babar has done just that. 
  • Options
    As I said. This is something Waugh's Australia understood. Sometimes you have to create the vibe and sometimes it will go wrong and Mark Butcher or Brian Lara will play the innings of their life. Usually it won't.