Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Gary Ballance, having left Yorkshire,  is moving back to Zimbabwe to play domestically and for the national team next year
  • Options
    Gary Ballance, having left Yorkshire,  is moving back to Zimbabwe to play domestically and for the national team next year
    Can’t wait to see him get to 30 and get out the exact same way again and again. 
  • Options
    I just cannot understand why, a player of his standing and experience, such as Leach, especially as a finger spinner as opposed to a wrist spinner, lacks the control to put it on the spot. That is how you build pressure and the Pakistan batsmen don't have to take any risks when he keeps offering them freebies. 
  • Options
    Jacks really isn't good enough. Very comparable to Lawrence - gives it a tweak at a slowish pace, can't land 6 in a row
  • Options
    I just cannot understand why, a player of his standing and experience, such as Leach, especially as a finger spinner as opposed to a wrist spinner, lacks the control to put it on the spot. That is how you build pressure and the Pakistan batsmen don't have to take any risks when he keeps offering them freebies. 
    He's a poor bowler really. Doesn't have the turn and guile to baffle batsmen, but also can't do the frustrating role either, building pressure or holding an end like an Ashley Giles could
  • Options
    Much better pitch than last week. It took Bazball to prevent a tedious draw in the 1st Test, whereas this is a proper contest between bat and ball
  • Options
    He's a poor bowler really. Doesn't have the turn and guile to baffle batsmen, but also can't do the frustrating role either, building pressure or holding an end like an Ashley Giles could
    I don't follow county cricket & can only comment on what I see during Tests & One dayers......but we dont seem have "spinners" but simply slow bowlers. Or have I been lucky to have just seen players like Shane Warne rip it past the off stump time & time again. 
  • Options
    I don't follow county cricket & can only comment on what I see during Tests & One dayers......but we dont seem have "spinners" but simply slow bowlers. Or have I been lucky to have just seen players like Shane Warne rip it past the off stump time & time again. 
    You ain't wrong mate 
    A big part of not producing spin bowlers of test quality is to do with the way the county championship is scheduled. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Livakovic is still playing in Zagreb. A few clubs will surely be looking at him now.
  • Options
    Livakovic is still playing in Zagreb. A few clubs will surely be looking at him now.
    Is he a mystery spinner?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is he a mystery spinner?
    His scoring rate is too slow for the England team
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Is he a mystery spinner?
    His scoring rate is too slow for the England team
    But he saved a penalty against Brazil.  And we're always being told you should always pick your best keeper. 
  • Options
    Pakistan all out for 202.
  • Options
    142/2 to 179/9 madness 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Anyway, Pakistan already into their work (of collapsing)
    Got there in the end 
  • Options
    Meanwhile, India are playing in a dead rubber, and they're pissed off
  • Options
    Crawley runs himself out 
    carry on running to the airport and go home 
    a run out in test cricket
    unforgivable 
    shocking 
    brain dead 
    straight red 
  • Options
    Jack Leach gets to 100 wickets in 50 bowling inns, the same number of inns as it took W Akram, C Vaas, S Akhtar, R Herath, M Starc, K Maharaj to reach 100
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jack Leach gets to 100 wickets in 50 bowling inns, the same number of inns as it took W Akram, C Vaas, S Akhtar, R Herath, M Starc, K Maharaj to reach 100

One has to take into account though the fact that Leach will have bowled a lot more overs in those 50 innings than most of those bowlers. Leach has 102 career wickets @ 33.75 and an economy rate of 2.95. Wasim Akram, for example, took 414 wickets @ 23.62 and E/R of 2.59 and for a direct comparison with a spinner, Herath, took 433 wickets @ 28.07 and an E/R of 2.80. Only twice in his career has Leach picked up more than 6 wickets in a match.

In this series Leach has figures of 7-344. By comparison, the debutant, Abrar, has 9-142 in this match alone. For the final Test and especially if we win this one, I would like to see Rehan Ahmed being given his chance, probably instead of Jacks, just to see how he sits compared to not just Leach but also Abrar in potentially spin friendly conditions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can’t see Ahmed batting above 8 though so fitting him in alongside 3 seamers and Leach is difficult. 
  • Options
    Just Pakistan things :/
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Can’t see Ahmed batting above 8 though so fitting him in alongside 3 seamers and Leach is difficult. 
    Not sure that we will play four seamers again if Stokes is fit to bowl - in this game Anderson, Robinson and Stokes have bowled just 10 between them. Stokes plus two other quicks with Foakes coming back to bat at 7, especially as Pope not coming out in the top 5 today suggests that he has struggled to cope in these conditions and bat at 3. Jacks only bowled 4 overs himself.

As I say, should we win this Test then that effectively makes the final one a dead rubber. Ahmed is also potentially a very good all rounder and already has a First Class ton to his name despite having only had half a dozen innings. We won't get a better opportunity to blood the lad. 
  • Options
    Duckett is the comeback kid of the past few seasons, Root is well out of sorts, Leach is getting better and better
  • Options
    I've taken that wicket before
  • Options
    I can't help thinking that Pope's decision making for those two balls was as much to do with mental fatigue as anything else
  • Options
    The second runout for England, but these things happen in tight run chases in white ball cricket...
  • Options
    I can't help thinking that Pope's decision making for those two balls was as much to do with mental fatigue as anything else
    He really could have done with not batting today.
  • Options
    I've been out to that wicket before
  • Options
    Unbelievable 
    Pope pack your bags and head off with Crawley