Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket 2022

Comments

• Options
    Keshav Maharaj probably hasn't had a day as chastening as this in his entire career
  • Options
    i cant imagine it's particularly pleasant weather to bowl in atm.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Lawrence, Brook & Duckett have all looked excellent
    Throw in Billings! And a nice Sibley cameo too
    Haven't seen much today. The boy is absolutely flying too!
  • Options
    I see James Hildreth is retiring at the end of the season. Described by Justin Langer as "an extraordinary talent" and given our lack of batsmen in recent years, it really is a bit of a headscratcher that a player of his calibre, with a First Class average of 41, was never given the opportunity to show what he could do at the highest level. A credit to Somerset and a credit to the game. 
  • Options
    According to reports there will be no Ashes Test in August next year for the first time in 139 years. Surely the ECB aren't doing this because they want all the England players to be available to play in their precious comp can it?
  • Options
    50 over World Cup preparation I think 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    So all the England players will be playing in the Royal London then, getting some much needed 50 over practice  :D
  • Options
    Craig Overton having a good match. 5 wickets in the first innings including most of the top order, then 42no with the bat

Interesting that the part time spinner Markram was the pick of the Saffer bowlers
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    That might or might not be the case but I doubt that those England players will be playing in the Royal London and the other by product of doing this is that it will be almost certainly set in stone from then onwards that no Test cricket will be played in August. It is too good an opportunity for the ECB not to set it as a precedent.
  • Options
    England Lions win by an innings and 56 runs, not great preparation for the Saffers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weeks and weeks of hot dry weather come to an end just in time for the Lord's Test starting tomorrow, when yours truly is going. Back in 2019 I experienced a complete washout day at Lord's, I'm not overoptimistic that tomorrow will be much better...

The rest of the Test has better weather for a few days, but train strikes on Thursday and Saturday and a Tube strike on Friday...
  • Options
    only the ecb could schedule a test series when it's due to rain in the driest and hottest summer we've had for decades
  • Options
    It's gloomy outside, but the forecast rain seems less biblical now. 
  • Options
    a bowl first sort of day
  • Options
    The weather forecast is much better now. Indeed I might need my sunglasses for a bit!
  • Options
    Be interesting to see how we get on batting first. Have been very good chasing this summer so this'll be a different test (if you pardon the pun)
  • Options
    In the new lower Edrich. Far nicer than the old one of course, but the cover would have been handy! Very humid, don't fancy Crawley to survive very long...

• Options
    In the new lower Edrich. Far nicer than the old one of course, but the cover would have been handy! Very humid, don't fancy Crawley to survive very long...

Enjoy! I'm in the Grandstand this Friday for a change up 
  • Options
    Got back to back meetings all day so I'll have to be watching with no sound. Disaster. Am on leave tomorrow so will have it on while I DIY! 
  • Options
    Ngidi is playing a game of "who blinks first" with Crawley - hanging the ball out there. Eventually, he will give Crawley one to drive that probably won't be quite there to do so. Will Crwley take the bait though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Ngidi is playing a game of "who blinks first" with Crawley - hanging the ball out there. Eventually, he will give Crawley one to drive that probably won't be quite there to do so. Will Crwley take the bait though?
    Instead Lees does take the bait at the other end!
  • Options
    Very unconvincing knock by Lees that
  • Options
    The end of Zak's struggle. 
  • Options
    At this stage its not helping Crawley by endlessly backing him 
  • Options
    Of all our batsmen, Crawley needs to work on his red ball game the most - he's been poor all season and averages 24 in the CC. For that reason, England could have selected him for the Lions game against South Africa and that might have given him a bit of much needed confidence. Instead they allowed him to warm up for the Test series with a bit of "see white ball, hit white ball". 
  • Options
    Massive blow for England that. Root a bit unlucky as it was a marginal umpires call.
  • Options
    Unlucky for root, but ultimately Menon got it right
  • Options
    I'm not going to say Pope is playing really well because, if I did, I might be accused of being responsible for getting him out!
  • Options
    Let's hope the pitch settles down by the time we start our second innings, this afternoon
  • Options
    100/4 was a great fightback. That wicket the last ball before lunch is a kick in the knackers