Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 8 February 2022 : 8pm KO

Comments

• edited February 2022
    CH4RLTON said:
    Burstow has been invisible 
    Don't even know why he's playing, sooner try some other youngster then a Chelsea loanee.
  • Best laugh all night.......Crewe goalkeeper with a right howler & then flapped at another one. Plymouth now 3-1up.

We lost there last month didnt we.....
    Yeah we also beat Plymouth 2-0 a few months ago. What's done is done. 
  • edited February 2022
    Now saying that he hopes we win the FA Youth Cup

Sadly our chances of seeing any of the U18s in the First Team will probably be fucked if that happens - Be mixed emotions if we do win.
  • ct_addick said:
    Without a Stockley or Innis we just don’t have that nasty physical player who winds teams up....we look lightweight without them

Yes the most menacing we now get is running into their goalkeeper!
  • vffvff
    edited February 2022
    Lots of cheap bookings given away by Charlton. Gilbey losing his cool. Given the red looking horrible tackle on Dobson by Jones gets a yellow - Gilbey getting a yellow is rough in comparison.
    Charles looks decent for Bolton, Fosse quick. Bolton more in control. Hopefully Aneke is good for 20 mins and Charlton are in still in the game, as more physical presrene is needed up front. Lets hope for a better half.
  • DJ v Fossy is one of those where if their team is on top, they will be as well and the other will struggle. 

I imagine we were hoping we could press them and get DJ in behind Fossy, but it's ended up being the other way around and DJ hasn't been able to defend against him well. 
  • Good half time interview looking forward to tomorrows U18 match with Brighton in the FA youth cup 5th round, should be a good game at The Valley
    Yeah I'm excited about the youngsters coming through. 
  • Why is Gilbey still on!? 
  • No changes.. can't imagine that will last long. 
  • Best laugh all night.......Crewe goalkeeper with a right howler & then flapped at another one. Plymouth now 3-1up.

We lost there last month didnt we.....
    And therein you make my point for me !!!

Why don’t you go and support a team in another sport where maybe you will be happy 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fully expect the early second yellow.
  • Whelp, Famewo starts the half with a hospital ball to Pearce who moscontrols. Bailed out by a Bolton foul. This could be a long 45 minutes. 
  • Christ Pearce... Surely though that "foul" on Pearce was worse than the two bookings we got on their keeper??? 
    1. 46'

Post update

Foul by Kyle Dempsey (Bolton Wanderers).

2. 46'

Post update

Sean Clare (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

1. 46'

Post update

Foul by Oladapo Afolayan (Bolton Wanderers).

2. 46'

Post update

Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• edited February 2022
    Watching the second half in bed on my phone. So won't comment much.

🎉🎊for some. 
  • Chance for @Marlonfossey_! Dion Charles fired a ball into the box that took a nick off a @CAFCofficial defender before landing to the wing-back who scooped a first-time shot over the bar on his weaker right foot.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    What’s your wife doing whilst you watch on your phone…..
  • Sponsored links:

• Jj Needs to get Fraser for Gilbey and Aneke for Burstow now in order to change the game
  • Chunes said:
    Sounds like a good game if Louis Mendez tweets are anything to go by.....😄
    Look at you. We're losing so you've no doubt cracked upon a bottle of your favourite bubbles, sat down in your comfy chair, cracked your knuckles and started merrily typing away. Have a good night mate.. 
    But if we - collectively - didn’t respond to his posts, he would go away (I hope) - but that ain’t gonna happen is it (for either scenario) !!!
    Yeah.....free country last time I looked. If YOU dont like reading my posts then you can always switch off.
    Unfortunately, I like reading most of the posts on CL, but your posts crop up in between all the good ones - can’t be avoided sadly - and I believe I speak for the majority on here - even if we are doing ok, you find a negative - I dread the day that I might be in the same pub as you…..
    Love you too 💋
  • Dazzler21 said:

🎉🎊for some. 
    But not your missus? 
  • Get.DJ.OFF!!!!!
    1. 50'

Post update

Marlon Fossey (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 50'

Post update

Foul by Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic).

• I think the 3 wins on a spin have clouded many people's judgement on this team. 

We're shit, almost across the board. Even the players who aren't shit, aren't world beaters at this level. We are a bang average league 1 side with no aspirations for promotion and no real danger of relegation either.

Turgid turgid turgid for 90% of the time. 

Sure we have small spells of decent football, but for the most part we create few chances and don't play with a lot of dynamism 
  • That'll shorten the time he can be on the pitch playing for us
  • Washington was literally wrestled to the ground there. No foul given.
  • Make some changes & get some energy on the pitch and we could win this.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!