Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 8 February 2022 : 8pm KO

Comments

• DJ off surely? 
  • Simonsen said:
    RoanRedNY said:
    Famewo made a mistake, but he’s still a decent player at this level.  We are an average L1 mid table side, and we are lucky to have had him at times this year.
    He’s shit with moments of reasonableness
    Or reasonable with moments of shitness. 
    Wouldn’t go that far 😉
  • We look shocking tonight.. how many times are we going to make silly mistakes. Our defending is atrocious.
  • Two shite teams.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Gilbey stepping out of challenges in the middle there.
    Dont blame him - Based on the first booking he probably only needs to breathe on the opposition to get a second yellow.

On a serious note I imagine (after arguing with the ref) he's one late foul away from a red card. 
    That's his own fault.

I'd definitely have Aneke on. Probably Gilbey off for Fraser too.
  • HT stats

Possession:
    Bolton 53-47 Charlton

Shots:
    Bolton 1-5 Charlton

On target:
    Bolton 1-0 Charlton

Shots inside the box:
    Bolton 1-2 Charlton
  • Burstow has been invisible 
  • edited February 2022
    Bloody awful, has Famewo been on the piss
  • edited February 2022
    Terrible first half performance, masters of their own downfall. Can’t recall a shot on target and constantly getting done by a ball over the top. Jacko needs to read the riot act and give at least Famewo & Gilbey the hook😡.
  • edited February 2022
    CH4RLTON said:
    Burstow has been invisible 
    So has Washington - We're losing the constant battle in midfield, we either need to change the midfield... OR need to change one of the Strikers.

The size of Santos, I dont think bringing on Aneke will change anything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So poor but we should be used to this performance level by now. It sums up the season really. Quite bored.
  • Poor game, Bolton are ahead from a mistake and have created little else, Jacko needs to make some tough decisions either at half time or ten minutes in.

• CH4RLTON said:
    Burstow has been invisible 
    Send him ba...c...k, oh!
  • Just the kind of clueless performance we're accustomed to, where so many players lose the ability to play football. 

Bolton have a plan and are sticking to it. I'm not sure what we're doing. Granted it's always going to be tough with two similar lightweights up front like Burstow and Washington but we're losing every battle in every department. 
  • Controversial point maybe - but the more I see of Burstow the more I wonder what he actually brings to the side.

I know he’s still young and developing, but I don’t think he’s anywhere near ready for regular League One football. 
  • We're creating nothing.
    Burstow looks like we have mugged Chelsea off .
    Famewo is captain calamity tonight
  • Valley11 said:
    DJ off surely? 
    It’s a case of take your pick tbh. 
  • Mitrovic has just scored his 30th Championship goal of the season - that's more than their opponents, Millwall, have got as a team
  • Don't know if Aneke is fit for 45 mins, but Burstow and Washington as a pair doesn't work because they, particularly Burstow, can't hold the ball up.

Maybe Purrington for Matthews and put DJ on the right.
  • HT 1-0 … neither keeper tested yet .. one mistake by Famewo is the diff .. nothing really between the sides .. Bolton pushed our wing backs back stopping them getting forward …but Bolton should be down to 10 men 

Change to 442 to double up on the flanks 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2022
    I like Famewo, but tonight he’s having one of them games he has every now and then where he looks like a confused little boy, he can’t even take a throw in properly.

Burstow is totally and utterly anonymous, he did this before he signed for Chelsea some times so not pining it on that although I suspect some irrationally will.

Morgan doing lofted balls to no one again.

Pearce gone back to Adkins Pearce where he’s constantly looking for the last year during musical chairs.

Gilbey and Washington getting wound up by an 11 year old goalkeeper, weird and stupid getting booked so early.

Get Fraser on, it can’t get worse.
  • Just seen the replay. Definite red. Dobson is lucky he didn’t plant his leg or he would’ve been in serious trouble. 
  • To get out of this league you either need really good players (as in the Bowyer promotion) or a great tactical way of playing and ideally both. Unfortunately we have neither.
  • edited February 2022
    HT stats

Possession:
    Bolton 53-47 Charlton

Shots:
    Bolton 1-5 Charlton

On target:
    Bolton 1-0 Charlton

Shots inside the box:
    Bolton 1-2 Charlton
    My dodgy xG model (passion project) says:

Bolton 0.537 - 0.313 Charlton

Think Bolton's goal is probably worth more than 53.7% so continual adjustments needed. :-)
  • edited February 2022
    Fraser on for Gilbey, please.
  • Ohhhhhh looking at the Jones challenge on replay in slow motion, he is lucky to still be on the pitch. That said, the game doesn't happen in slow motion and the referee doesn't get a replay, but his foot goes over the top of the ball with studs showing. 
  • Not been impressed by burstow, there’s a lack of supply, but looks like a youngster coming through tonight. Not just him though there’s been some very average stuff.
  • big second half comeback please. 1-2 final score 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!