Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 8 February 2022 : 8pm KO

Comments

• Burstow saving himself for Chelsea was most probably told stay out of trouble and avoid injuries.
  • The trouble with our team is that we have about 13 decent players. 
    As soon as a few are missing and we have to replace them we are stuffed because as a squad we are shit. 
  • Problem now burstow isn’t our player he’s going to get a let less good will when he isn’t playing hense for me question marks over the loan back
  • Thanks Thomas.
  • I know this is my job, but...at least DJ has been involved, even if he ran into a defender and left Morgan short a minute later. There are several of our players who just haven't done anything
  • We our being totally out muscled all over the pitch
  • Soon as we play a team who aren’t complete junk even though they are playing junk it’s enough to get in front of our utter junk .
    pony 
    although that was a red for the foul on Dobbo 

we’ll do well to get a point 

Bolton 70%
    Draw 25%
    Charlton 5%
  • Chunes said:
    Sounds like a good game if Louis Mendez tweets are anything to go by.....😄
    Look at you. We're losing so you've no doubt cracked upon a bottle of your favourite bubbles, sat down in your comfy chair, cracked your knuckles and started merrily typing away. Have a good night mate.. 
    But if we - collectively - didn’t respond to his posts, he would go away (I hope) - but that ain’t gonna happen is it (for either scenario) !!!
    Yeah.....free country last time I looked. If YOU dont like reading my posts then you can always switch off.
    Unfortunately, I like reading most of the posts on CL, but your posts crop up in between all the good ones - can’t be avoided sadly - and I believe I speak for the majority on here - even if we are doing ok, you find a negative - I dread the day that I might be in the same pub as you…..
  • Sponsored links:

• Get the new boys on. Fraser & Aneke. 
  • Burstow is a young player who has shown signs of being half decent BUT that doesn't make him someone to depend on. 
  • edited February 2022
    KettsJohn said:
    So poor but we should be used to this performance level by now. It sums up the season really. Quite bored.

No it doesn't, we are a top six club under JJ, 30 points from 15 games, but without our spine as I said in preview we would struggle unless the passing was top notch. 

The better judges on here all said it would be a struggle without The 3 big guys.

Throw in Famewo playing like a park footballer, Pearce looking like a player coming to the end of his playing career. Conor getting frustrated and Mason Burstow playing like an 18 year old only getting a game because two stronger units aren't fit then it all breaks down.

Fraser and Aneke have to come on at HT.
  • Leuth said:
    I know this is my job, but...at least DJ has been involved, even if he ran into a defender and left Morgan short a minute later. There are several of our players who just haven't done anything
    Clare, Matthews, Gilbey, Burstow, Famewo the ones that have done very little GOOD of note (above and beyond the little good anyone else has done so far)

Burstow though is at least trying, but his lack of maturity shows. 
  • Really good interview with Hamza (?) 
  • Welcome to the club Tommy lad!

I estimate I have said that very same thing 1,225 times since 1973.
  • U18 manager talking about the pathway to Chelsea ;-)
  • 4th official was standing right next to the foul on Dobson.
    Aneke and Fraser on.
  • Don't know if Aneke is fit for 45 mins, but Burstow and Washington as a pair doesn't work because they, particularly Burstow, can't hold the ball up.

Maybe Purrington for Matthews and put DJ on the right.
    Agreed. It's not working with the attacking wing back on the left, as the Bolton right wing back is too good going forward
  • Sponsored links:

• Without a Stockley or Innis we just don’t have that nasty physical player who winds teams up....we look lightweight without them

• Leuth said:
    I know this is my job, but...at least DJ has been involved, even if he ran into a defender and left Morgan short a minute later. There are several of our players who just haven't done anything
    Yeah I don't think he's been our worst by any stretch. George made a good point that's he's up against a quick attacking wingback in Fossy who is pressing him back. 

I said in the preview thread that I was hoping for a quality game tonight against two decent League One sides. I jinxed it. Sorry everyone. 
  • Chunes said:
    I'm not saying that Burstow has been good, but it's interesting to see the shift in expectations now he's signed for Chelsea. When he was our player, everyone was much more patient with someone who just broke into the first team. Now he's Chelsea's, the patience has gone, and he should perform.
    Well there’s no point having him in the team for development purposes anymore is there
    Aneke and Fraser on.
    Wasnt that Euell and Jackson right by the foul? 
  • Best laugh all night.......Crewe goalkeeper with a right howler & then flapped at another one. Plymouth now 3-1up.

We lost there last month didnt we.....
  • Thought Mason played quite well tbh. Put himself about. Couple of neat touches. 
  • edited February 2022
    Good half time interview looking forward to tomorrows U18 match with Brighton in the FA youth cup 5th round, should be a good game at The Valley KO 7pm
  • edited February 2022
    Burstow has played tonight like he has in most of his other appearances. Strip away the goals and he's had very little impact in the matches he's played. Not surprising at all that he's looked anonymous, were he to pop up with a goal, though, we'd all be happy he's playing. We'd be a different proposition though if we could be rotating Stockley and Chuks.
    Aneke and Fraser on.
    Wasnt that Euell and Jackson right by the foul? 

Albie Morgan ran over to the 4th official. He was standing between the 2 dugouts. They are very close together at the (Reebok) stadium.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!