Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 8 February 2022 : 8pm KO

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Morgan fortunate there to get a free kick. Good position.
    He was fouled. Nothing fortunate about it.

Fortunate @Dazzler21 as Morgan had a heavy touch and was losing control (lost control) of the ball. Not sure about the lol for that.
  • Options
    Dion Charles has the look of Clive Mendonca. Bustling stocky centre forward. 
  • Options
    If only there was a transfer window where you could buy players to strengthen. I'm sure Bolton must have cheated because Charles was playing for Accrington pre xmas......
    He last played for Accrington on the 9th November.......... 

The 13, on loan from Fulham would be good for us next season. 
  • Options
    We're trying to play a high line. We're not putting enough pressure on the ball when they have it at the back. And we're looking ropey against simple balls over the top.

Concerning. 
  • Options
    *** Optimism alert!! ***

We went 1-0 down on Saturday after a p155-poor bit of defending and came back to win.

(I think there's a name given to that phenomena but it escapes me right now.)
    That was against a team threatening relegation & not won in ages. Bolton are flying atm & scores 6 against Sunderland recently. 
  • Options
    1. 15'

Post update

Dion Charles (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 15'

Post update

Foul by Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If only there was a transfer window where you could buy players to strengthen. I'm sure Bolton must have cheated because Charles was playing for Accrington pre xmas......
    He last played for Accrington on the 9th November.......... 

The 13, on loan from Fulham would be good for us next season. 
    Well he did say pre-Christmas ;) 
  • Options
    Bloody hell Macca... Why didn't he come collect that ball
    Came for that one, good header.

Perhaps he should use his head on crosses instead of Spongehands more often.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the game is over. We can give crap goals away to teams below us and recover. But not to teams above us. Its goodnight Irene already.
  • Options
    Need to get some control back, we look far too shakey at the back 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Must say, haven't seen anything of the Mason yet..Washington is playing up there on his own
  • Options
    Pearce is going to cost us with his slow touch before passing across the back.
  • Options
    Hats off to those who have gone to this - methinks they are in for a long night…..
  • Options
    Just seen the goal on SSN, terrible header from Akin
  • Options
    Dobson getting a warning.
  • Options
    Just seen the goal. Shocking from akin.
  • Options
    1. 20'

Post update

Oladapo Afolayan (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 20'

Post update

Foul by George Dobson (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    edited February 2022
    *** Optimism alert!! ***

We went 1-0 down on Saturday after a p155-poor bit of defending and came back to win.

(I think there's a name given to that phenomena but it escapes me right now.)
    That was against a team threatening relegation & not won in ages. Bolton are flying atm & scores 6 against Sunderland recently. 
    F*** me.

We've won three in a row in the league (you can only beat what's in front of you etc etc) and Bolton started the night ahead of us on goals scored only.

Anyone would think they were 25 points clear at the top of the table ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen the goal on Sky. So poor by Famewo. 
  • Options
    Worried about this after Saturday. 

We showed so much energy against Wimbledon, yet suddenly look so slow and ponderous tonight
  • Options

20' Morgan lets fly from distance, but it's blocked on the edge of the box. #bwfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options

We showed so much energy against Wimbledon, yet suddenly look so slow and ponderous tonight
    No target man and our anchor is gone at the back.
  • Options
    23' Sean Clare's cross is too deep and Trafford makes the catch. #bwfc 1 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Bloody hell Macca... Why didn't he come collect that ball
    Mainly because he drops it. Pompey fans did say when we signed him great shot stopper but never comes for crosses. To get promotion we need a more reliable keeper but we need a better back up than Henderson. Reality is Macca knows he'll play every game no matter what.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

No target man and our anchor is gone at the back.
    We kept it on the floor well enough at times for Washington's goal - It should only really be set pieces where we're missing Aneke and Inniss
  • Options
    No one else with say but other than the cock up we have played ok with the limited spine we have available.
  • Options
    Started to grow into it a bit more, some decent moves forward but no real chances 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!