Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 8 February 2022 : 8pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Lavelle CB Pearce LCB?
    Lavelle - CB and Famewo - LCB

Feels like Akin isnt playing well as him and Pearce dont trust each other
  • Options
    Think Dobson is okay.. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Sounds like a good game if Louis Mendez tweets are anything to go by.....😄
    Look at you. We're losing so you've no doubt cracked upon a bottle of your favourite bubbles, sat down in your comfy chair, cracked your knuckles and started merrily typing away. Have a good night mate.. 
  • Options
    Bad tackle by Gethin Jones, he was never like that on Blue Peter
  • Options
    Ref is very lax with all these Bolton fouls and slow with the yellows, result Dobson poleaxed in a foul that could have seen red
  • Options
    Dobson will continue. 
  • Options
    Really nasty tackle on Dobson - follow through not good. Dobson is up though, lets hope he can run it off.
  • Options
    Hands off your hips Albie! 
  • Options
    I don't think we are playing that badly but gave them a leg up and they have our defence worked out by turning them around with a simple ball behind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:
    Really nasty tackle on Dobson - follow through not good. Dobson is up though, lets hope he can run it off.
    If someone had tackled me like that no doubt I'd have followed through as well.
  • Options
    1. 36'

Post update

Gethin Jones (Bolton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 36'

Post update

Foul by Albie Morgan (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Why did Dobson have to wait to come on? Thought the rules had changed if you're injured following a foul? Wimbledon bloke didn't go off on Saturday. Probably needed a bit more time but the officials told him to wait
  • Options
    We're back to destroying our own attacks now.
  • Options
    We are offering nothing. They have us sussed. Long balls over the top and being muscled out of every challenge … very reminiscent of Big Sam’s Bolton 
  • Options
    *** Optimism alert!! ***

We went 1-0 down on Saturday after a p155-poor bit of defending and came back to win.

(I think there's a name given to that phenomena but it escapes me right now.)
    It's called a comeback.

• Options
    Shame Santos had his red card rescinded. 

Beast mode to beat Gilbey then
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Why are all our players so effing frustratingly shite? Control the ball. Keep it in play. Don't overhit the pass. It's not hard and yet they make it look so difficult! FFS
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    We have a number trying hard. 

We then have those acting as though they're trying hard.
    With spades 

That little bit around Santos is how you play out from the back, luckily the midfielder over hit the pass. 
  • Options
    Stevie Brown going full Debbie Downer on the comms tonight. We aren't playing amazing but been a very even game and we're far from dreadful, but you listen to Brownie you'd think we've utterly capitulated since the goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We look terrified at the back.. 
  • Options
    Second best in every department tonight.

Why does it filter through this team so quickly?
  • Options
    Get DJ off ffs. Looks totally disinterested 
  • Options
    A lot of panic on show tonight.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Charles is quality. 
    And he only cost them £300k.
    He doesn't want to leave the North West or I'm sure we would've been right in for him.

Clubs he's signed contracts with: Blackpool, Fylde, Fleetwood, Southport, Accrington, Bolton
    Couldn't someone have given him Dale Stephens' atlas?

I just hope for Bolton's sake he doesn't get homesick and ask for a move back up north.
  • Options
    Shite all round
  • Options
    Christ... Famewo needs to change his shorts at HT

Completely shite himself when dealing with the high ball next to Charles 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Sounds like a good game if Louis Mendez tweets are anything to go by.....😄
    Look at you. We're losing so you've no doubt cracked upon a bottle of your favourite bubbles, sat down in your comfy chair, cracked your knuckles and started merrily typing away. Have a good night mate.. 
    But if we - collectively - didn’t respond to his posts, he would go away (I hope) - but that ain’t gonna happen is it (for either scenario) !!!
  • Options
    We look terrified at the back.. 
    with good reason 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Get DJ off ffs. Looks totally disinterested 
    Uninterested
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!