Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 8 February 2022 : 8pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Must say, haven't seen anything of the Mason yet..Washington is playing up there on his own
    He did some good work just before the ref stopped the game when Clare was injured. 
  • Options
    Charles is quality. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pearce is going to cost us with his slow touch before passing across the back.
    Who knew. Shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11. Too slow & loves to give away pens.
  • Options
    Dion Charles looks a great striker for this level 
  • Options
    Must say, haven't seen anything of the Mason yet..Washington is playing up there on his own
    Yep - a very weird decision by Chelsea - Burstow very much showing glimpses of ‘something’ - but not a Parker, Shelvey, Gomez, Paul Walsh (the latter for our older ones) in terms of ‘wow’
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    3 at the back with Pearce and Famewo's distribution just doesn't work.

Doing ok in bits. Just no forward presence atm.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Worried about this after Saturday. 

We showed so much energy against Wimbledon, yet suddenly look so slow and ponderous tonight
    No target man and our anchor is gone at the back.
    We kept it on the floor well enough at times for Washington's goal - It should only really be set pieces where we're missing Aneke and Inniss
    Yeah but at the back we've lost Inniss' size, pace and physicality.
  • Options
    Mason's running a lot. Assume Aneke will come on at half time at this rate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Charles is quality. 
    And he only cost them £300k.
  • Options
    This isn’t very good is it?
  • Options
    Yep - a very weird decision by Chelsea - Burstow very much showing glimpses of ‘something’ - but not a Parker, Shelvey, Gomez, Paul Walsh (the latter for our older ones) in terms of ‘wow’
    Guess had there been a wow factor then it wouldn't just be Chelsea showing interest - They've signed him, simply to avoid any risk of him showing promise, and being beaten by Man City or Liverpool to signing him.

Have no doubt they'll make back the £1.6m in loan fees to Championship clubs over the next few years. 
  • Options
    Great work from Washington to hold the ball up, DJ fluffs his touch and it's all for nothing.. such a shame 
  • Options
    Pearce not trusting Akin lol
  • Options
    Hospital ball from DJ to Morgan there.
  • Options
    DJ with a proper hospital pass to Morgan
  • Options

We showed so much energy against Wimbledon, yet suddenly look so slow and ponderous tonight
    I am not worried because we won't go down.  I think that would always be the case because there are so many teams with worse players than us. 

I still don't think there are many teams with significantly better players than us.  I do think there are at least 10 better teams than us. 
  • Options
    The recently good players aren't showing much so far.
  • Options
    1. 28'

Post update

Corner, Bolton Wanderers. Conceded by Akin Famewo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must say, haven't seen anything of the Mason yet..
    Apparently, Abramovich said in his Russian accent "Sign someone now who will burst on the scene".
    Tuchel replied, "Got him".
    Abaramovich said, "Who?"
    Tuchel replied, "Burstow"
  • Options
    Looking like another frustrating night where we do the hard bit and then screw up the easy bit. A hard fought bit of possession, Burstow works it to Washington, Washington holds it up against three defenders, finds DJ in space, who fails to control with his second touch and the good position is lost again.
  • Options
    Classic Chelsea - they just wanted to derail our season.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:
    Charles is quality. 
    And he only cost them £300k.
    He doesn't want to leave the North West or I'm sure we would've been right in for him.

Clubs he's signed contracts with: Blackpool, Fylde, Fleetwood, Southport, Accrington, Bolton
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I am not worried because we won't go down.  I think that would always be the case because there are so many teams with worse players than us. 

I still don't think there are many teams with significantly better players than us.  I do think there are at least 10 better teams than us. 
    Oh I'm not worried in the sense of how the season will pan out, I think its over as well.. I just watched us on Saturday, and worried that we'd look leggy tonight, making it a difficult game, like what we're seeing 
  • Options
    It’d be nice if one of our midfield could try not letting Bolton nick the ball off them every time they get it.
  • Options
    That foul was on the goal line so the keeper takes it 10 yards forward
  • Options
    The spine of any team is vital. We have a dodgy goalie, an injury prone centre back, no consistent attacking midfielder and an injured centre forward. So we are a failed team.

• Options
    Evatt has won the tactical battle so far
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!