Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th February - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Wigan 0 - 4 Charlton

You heard it here first.
  • Options
    To be honest due to the fact we show no consistency it would not surprise me if we nick something then lose next week. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    terrible defending .. let's hope their defence is as generous tomorrow
  • Options
    Chuck’s hasn’t run that far since he re-joined us, will need to be closer to the six yard box
  • Options
    Wigan are a busted flush, Fraser has ridden in on his white charger to rescue us. 4-0 Charlton. 
    Edit: Make that 5-0. 
  • Options
    2-1 Wigan

Fraser to give a bit of guile and class, but won’t have enough class around him to keep up 
  • Options
    I remember us winning 3-0 at Wigan somewhat unexpectedly in the championship during Duchalet days , I have funny feeling we may repeat that score line tomorrow:)
  • Options
    Chuck’s hasn’t run that far since he re-joined us, will need to be closer to the six yard box
    The longer he's on the pitch, the less of a battering ram we have to expect him to be. That's just how it goes.
  • Options
    MacGillivray
    Clare - Inniss - Lavelle
    Dobson
    Matthews - Morgan - Fraser - Purrington
    Washington - Aneke

Substitutes Bench: Henderson - Famewo -Jaiyesimi - Lee - Gilbey - Burstow - Leko 

Famewo and DJ were so poor last time out id give them a rest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    Why aren't the 2 new loanees making an appearance
    I don't think John is ready, I've said it many times before but I think that's a DaSilva situation. Get him in for six months and if you like the look of him play him a little to get him back next year. Castillo coming off of Covid and since he's been here CBT and then DJ had done well at LWB, and we know Jacko likes a lobsided set up with one winger at wingback and one fullback there. Wouldn't be surprised to see him tomorrow though.

The good news is that since Jacko took over we've been in every game even when we haven't played well. I think it bodes well for him and the squad for next year. Even up against Rotherham they played well but we weren't outclassed. Tomorrow and next Saturday against two playoff hopefuls will be good barometers for where this squad stands, though it's not the be all end all. 

Sod it, I see us nicking a win here. We catch Wigan on the counter a couple of times and beat them even though they score one that comes down arguably the best left side in the league (Darikwa and McClean).

1-2 Aneke Washington

It will be Rosie's first Charlton game. I've already apologized in advance for all of the misery I'm going to put her through. 

So is it more likely to be a dogs dinner than a dogs breakfast? She looks hungry which is more than can be said for most of the squad. 
  • Options
    4-0 Wigan
  • Options
    2-0 to Wigwham

Pissed off by 17.00 on a Saturday again. Cannot kick the cat  it's too controversial at the moment plus I don't have a cat!
  • Options
    3-0
  • Options
    edited February 2022

A dog isn’t just for Christmas he’s for Wigan away.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Wigan 0 - 4 Charlton

You heard it here first.
    MacGillivray
    Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington
    Dobson
    Morgan - Gilbey
    Fraser
    Washington - Aneke

Shock line up.
  • Options
    Everything (form, position, we're playing away, injuries) says defeat.

So I'm going to go for a hard fought draw.

Fraser, Innis and Lavelle start.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    2-1 Wigan

Fraser to give a bit of guile and class, but won’t have enough class around him to keep up 
    Bloody cheek. 
  • Options

A dog isn’t just for Christmas he’s for Wigan away.
    Wtf is that , looks like a nuclear/ready brek laden ,dead yeti 
  • Options

MacGillivray

Matthews Inniss Lavelle Purrington 

Dobson

Leko Morgan Fraser

Washington Aneke

This team for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Valley11 said:
    MacGillivray
    Clare - Inniss - Lavelle
    Dobson
    Matthews - Morgan - Fraser - Purrington
    Washington - Aneke

Substitutes Bench: Henderson - Famewo -Jaiyesimi - Lee - Gilbey - Burstow - Leko 

Famewo and DJ were so poor last time out id give them a rest
    We always say DJ is poor when we spend much of the game on the back foot. He’s a converted winger, so that’s perhaps not surprising. But it was only two matches ago that he made the assist of the season. Dropping him seems like an admission of defeat to me. I’d prefer it if JJ tweaked the system a little to keep him in the side, unless Leko has showed something in training to make him look like he’s a better option. 
  • Options
    McG
    Clare. Innis. Lavelle
    Matthews. Dobson. Purrington
    Gilbey. Fraser
    Aneke. Washington
  • Options
    0-3
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    McG
    Clare. Innis. Lavelle
    Gilbey. Fraser
    Aneke. Washington

Quite like the look of this side - i like famewo but maybe could do with a little breather 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    RedJohn said:
    McG
    Clare. Innis. Lavelle
    Gilbey. Fraser
    Aneke. Washington

Quite like the look of this side - i like famewo but maybe could do with a little breather 
    Matthews and Purrington as wing backs would give us too little threat out wide. Would make it easier for Wigan rather than keep us tight defensively. I’d like to see CBT back in if fit.
  • Options
    No bloody clue what the team will be or the result. Wigan are in a mini slump at the moment having not won in 4 & lost their last match to Donny. If we get at them from the off & get a lead then we wont lose. 

0-2 to the reds.
  • Options
    I have no time for Wigan, money backing has always lifted them above a more natural position like now. After their financial woes to just buy their way out of this division like Ipswich shows as a club they have learned nothing. Quite like to see them miss out  2-0 Wigan
  • Options
    We’ll do well to get a battling point out of this, whether we will is another question, can’t see past a 2-0 or 2-1 defeat.
  • Options
    Put this team out for imo a2-1 away win
                          Mac

matthews. Lavelle  innis.  Purrington  

Clare.          Dobson.        Gilbey

Frazer

Washington.    Aneke

subs. Henderson. Famewo  Morgan  lee. Leko

Burstow.   Jaiyesimi

• Options
    A fit Lavelle would be a good counterbalance to a fit Innes.
    But two half fit players together would be a huge risk.