Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th February - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    State of that team - wish I hadn’t paid for the stream now. 
    I always wait until the team is announced before I decide to pay. Though morbidly I think I’m actually still going to tune in. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Oh the hype, the anticipation, the expectation, joie de vivre!

C'mon you Addicks!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Or 

Macgillivray
    Clare Inniss Purrington
    Matthews Gilbey Dobson Jaiyesimi
    Lee
    Leko Burstow

That’s what the OS says.
  • Options
    Wanted a punt on Kanu lgs, but can't find it anywhere 
  • Options
    So we got the August - January Transfer Window to enjoy Burstow

We now get the January - June Transfer Window to enjoy seeing what Kanu can do before he's off.
  • Options
    Christ that team is shocking defensively. Gonna be a long afternoon.
    Not sure about shockingly defensive but it is shockingly bad!
    ‘Defensively’ as in we’ve got one centre back playing and a bog standard left back.
  • Options

We now get the January - June Transfer Window to enjoy seeing what Kanu can do before he's off.
    Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
  • Options
    If Lee is back on set piece duty, that's a massive negative over the last few games
  • Options
    We definitely can’t be playing those stupid chip balls from defence into the attacking third today with Leko and Burstow up top. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
    Premier League teams the moment an U18 appears for a Senior team.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Premier League stars of the future I remember someone being hounded for. Turns out she was right. 
  • Options
    That XI is horrendous.

Leko and Burstow makes me angry for some reason, the ball will not stick at all, serious lack of possession I reckon, and the inevitable defeat now I said 1-1 before but I’m feeling 2-0 now.
  • Options
    Hugely risky  team selection.
    Is the focus right?
  • Options

Premier League stars of the future I remember someone being hounded for. Turns out she was right. 
    Its the way of things for any club outside the Premier League these days sadly.

She just wasnt very tactful with her words at times

The new loan rules could potentially stop one rabbit hole, but there needs to be other rules put in place to stop these kids from being hoovered up - A wage cap for under a certain age perhaps
  • Options
    Despite the silly song Lee has been a major disappointment so far.
    Time to show what he can do.
  • Options
    Christ that team is shocking defensively. Gonna be a long afternoon.
    Just need to get the ball forward & let the strikers/wingers/attacking midfielders have a go at goal. We wont be able to defend so no point trying to hold out. Just try to score more than they do. 
  • Options
    Brownie in the studio with Curbs and Scott, but really looking forward to catching up with Andy Hunt on ZOOOM from Belize...memories.. B)
  • Options
    I will be more than disappointed if we're playing 3-5-2 with 1 actual centre back and 1 actual striker, and we play long ball to Burstow and Leko.
  • Options
    Top league goalscorer in the starting 11 is.......

Purrington. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Hugely risky  team selection.
    Is the focus right?
    With some of our better players out not sure we can pick get much stronger than that. Famewo perhaps but likely dropped after his performance in the week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackson: Aneke and Conor have niggles, Fraser has COVID

Doesnt even mention Famewo...
  • Options
    How can all 3 of your main strikers be out injured at the same time.  
  • Options
    Fraser has got covid
  • Options
    Wow...That team is grim
  • Options
    Out for a bike ride, was considering a "time trial" slog home into the wind to make kick off.

Thank god I checked the team first. WTAF!?!?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Conor and Chuks injured at Bolton, Fraser off with Covid...ffs, we are light ain't we
  • Options
    I hate to say this but Jackson looks a beaten man in his prematch interview 
  • Options
    Chucks is out more than he is in so not worth counting him.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Inniss (c), Purrington; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Jaiyesimi; Leko, Burstow

Subs: Henderson, Lavelle, Pearce, Castillo, Morgan, John, Kanu

Hmmm. Where's Fraser ? Aneke injured ? Washington not playing. Potentially unfit loanees on the subs bench and youth on the subs bench.  That's not a promising looking line up. Charlton teams can sometimes surprise when you least expect it - lets hope this is one of those days.

• Options
    Blimey, that team! I had tipped us to beat a faltering Wigan but that is just about one of the worst Charlton team line ups I have seen.  Injuries or JJ trying to finish bottom half!