Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 12th February - 3pm KO | Match Preview

1235»

Comments

• Options
    How can all 3 of your main strikers be out injured at the same time.  
    What happens when your signings are either from the bargain bin or the reduced section in lidl with an "oopsie" sticker on it
  • Options
    vff said:
    RedChaser said:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Inniss (c), Purrington; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Jaiyesimi; Leko, Burstow

Subs: Henderson, Lavelle, Pearce, Castillo, Morgan, John, Kanu

Hmmm. Where's Fraser ? Aneke injured ? Washington not playing. Potentially unfit loanees on the subs bench and youth on the subs bench.  That's not a promising looking line up. Charlton teams can sometimes surprise when you least expect it - lets hope this is one of those days.

Fraser has covid
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Wigan are a busted flush, Fraser has ridden in on his white charger to rescue us. 4-0 Charlton. 
    Edit: Make that 5-0. 
    No Fraser, Aneke, Washington, Famewo. 

Who knows. 
    I think we’ll see Kanu at some stage. 
    3-2
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I don’t understand why purrington is playing CB. If we get a defensive injury after 5 mins then Lavelle will come on. If he is fit to be on the bench then he is fit to play.  If he only has 20 mins in the tank then name Elewere or somebody else. 

Edit - just seen Pearce is on the bench.
  • Options
    I agree with Brownie, no chance of all the teams above us all slumping
  • Options
    And I doubt we are capable of picking up enough points anyway. 
  • Options
    vff said:
    RedChaser said:

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Inniss (c), Purrington; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Lee, Jaiyesimi; Leko, Burstow

Subs: Henderson, Lavelle, Pearce, Castillo, Morgan, John, Kanu

Hmmm. Where's Fraser ? Aneke injured ? Washington not playing. Potentially unfit loanees on the subs bench and youth on the subs bench.  That's not a promising looking line up. Charlton teams can sometimes surprise when you least expect it - lets hope this is one of those days.

Fraser has covid

Thanks @r@ricky_otto. I was going to like your post but then it would look like, I would be liking Fraser getting Covid. After Tuesday's decent cameo, that's disappointing that he is not starting.
  • Options
    Maybe that's why Famewo is missing completely, will only sign on a permanent deal with us if we get promoted, so no point in furthering his development if he's not going to be here any more.

Burstow, Leko, John, Lee and Castillo are all in the 18 so Famewo misses out due to the loan ruling too of course
  • Options
    Even given the injuries that is a strange selection. Pearce and Lavelle on the bench when we have just one recognised centre half on the pitch?

Morgan dropped?

Nile looked way way off in the U23s.

Feels like an end of season game.
  • Options
    How can all 3 of your main strikers be out injured at the same time.  
    Always run that risk when you sign Aneke. 

It is frustrating that when we have these spells of injuries it always seems to be a bunch of defenders, or midfielders, or strikers. We never seems to spread it across the positions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aneke plays 20 mins mid week misses next game, we gave this guy a 3.5 year contract, laughably.

Team made of glass, 6-0 possibly upcoming.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Maybe that's why Famewo is missing completely, will only sign on a permanent deal with us if we get promoted, so no point in furthering his development if he's not going to be here any more.

Burstow, Leko, John, Lee and Castillo are all in the 18 so Famewo misses out due to the loan ruling too of course
    Jacko's choice to include John and Castillo on the bench

To an extent we have a surplus of centre backs, so Famewo is easier to leave out, but he needs a rest too
  • Options
    Even given the injuries that is a strange selection. Pearce and Lavelle on the bench when we have just one recognised centre half on the pitch?

Morgan dropped?

Nile looked way way off in the U23s.

Feels like an end of season game.
    It's absolutely mental. More CBs on the bench than on the pitch!
  • Options
    Purrington at LCB makes sense... Pearce and Famewo had to be dropped for that show at Bolton. 

But going forward I can't see where the goals are coming from. Not that I know what he could've done with those 3 out.
  • Options
    Innis v Magennis should be interesting.
  • Options
    OK, I'm off to distract myself for a couple of hours. Good luck guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    x
  • Options
    Interesting team selection, guess no-one here forecast that.  Great goal and pleased for Lee.  One upside, i think we are by far the best L1 team for ball watching and playing statues at set pieces
  • Options
    Now that was unlucky lads, keep that up
  • Options
    Despite the silly song Lee has been a major disappointment so far.
    Time to show what he can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lavelle for Clare because he is on a yellow.
  • Options
    Not as bad as I was expecting.
    Wigan had the edge.