Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2022

couldn't see a thread please close if there is, who's going any bets already etc. 

sitting on a plus tard at 12s for gold cup and bravemansgame 8s for the brown advisory

Comments

• Options
    I’m also on Bravemansgame (13/2) and I got a lovely boosted double this week, Honeysuckle to win the Champion Hurdle and Facile Vega to win the Champion Bumper - 4/1. 
  • Options
    heading to the races on weds and thursday stopping in brum both nights and then have booked a table at the redwood london bridge on the friday for gold cup. 
  • Options
    Going mob handed on the Tuesday. Can't wait after the 2 year hiatus. Getting the steam train from Toddington into the back of the course.  Another vote for BMG here as the big hope of the week, backed at 12's antepost. Suspect he'll be rare winner for GB as the Irish hand our arse to us again. The Supreme looks an absolute blockbuster and a fitting way to kick it all off
  • Options
    I fancy Galvin for the Gold cup. I don't think he will run in the National. Shishkin is my banker for the festival.
  • Options
    heading to the races on weds and thursday stopping in brum both nights and then have booked a table at the redwood london bridge on the friday for gold cup. 
    I’m doing those two days too. Very excited.
  • Options
    We're going Thursday aka St Patrick's Day.
  • Options
    Heading up the Thursday. First time and been a long time coming. Hoping Brandy Love can reverse the form
  • Options
    Teahupoo ew (NRNB) in Champion hurdle.
  • Options
    Although I bloody love it it’s getting wildly out of price range for many 

I paid £75 for my tickets as soon as went on sale they are now at £100 each per day. 

Guinness is shite there and 6.20 a go 

next year will likely return to the Dublin racing festival as it’s a full weekend and same calibre of horses
  • Options
    Guinness £6.30 at Sandown this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022

Elliott braced for O'Leary argument as he reveals Gold Cup hope for Conflated

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/i-hope-i-get-my-way-elliott-implores-oleary-to-run-conflated-in-gold-cup/540797

Aside from the fact that only a tit like O'Dreary would overrule a trainer with Elliott's track-record (on the track!), Elliott is absolutely right about Conflated. Judging by his strong credentials to be there or thereabouts in a GN, IMHO, he'd be suited by a much sterner test of stamina than the Ryanair, certainly on decent ground.
    He'd carry a shilling of mine if lining up in the GC.
  • Options
    Guinness was also £6.20 at the Oval test in September. Sign of the times I’m afraid 
  • Options
    Yep went Kempton early Jan and it was £6 going up to £7 in a couple of months for a Guinness
  • Options
    Going to the Gold Cup this year, can't wait. Never been before - any tips on food, drink, etc? 
  • Options
    Going to the Gold Cup this year, can't wait. Never been before - any tips on food, drink, etc? 
    Judging by the comments above a good tip seems to be stop at McDonalds on the way there
  • Options
    Expensive, also alot of queues. Kind of have to go against the grain when going to the bar/food and if its empty just go before the inevitable busy hits. We ate there by the top bit, cant remember it being anything special and slightly overpriced. The guinness bar was good pre races, was a bit quieter and easier to get a drink.
  • Options
    I’m going on the Tuesday 
  • Options
    It will be the most rammed place you've ever been.
  • Options
    Stopped going to Cheltenham and Royal Ascot in the early 90s, when the over-crowding was getting ridiculous and the ticket prices seemed to be going up in leaps and bounds.
    Just like to go to new courses now.

• Options
    the thursday and the friday both sold out. 

preview nights coming up now 

will watch the betfair one on thursday evening hopefully. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the thursday and the friday both sold out. 

preview nights coming up now 

will watch the betfair one on thursday evening hopefully. 
    Is that Thursday as in tomorrow or next week? I have watched it last few years and really enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    I like to watch Cheltenham from the safety of a pub. 
  • Options
    One day to go, can’t wait 
  • Options
    Working from home will certainly have it's advantages this week 
  • Options
    anyone taking on Honeysuckle ? .. she still has the 7lb advantage of course as does Epatante who I've had a small punt on and I'll have a couple on Adagio who suffers from extreme seconditis .. worth a quid e/w 
  • Options
    Skybet are doing the money back in cash for win part only bets on the 1st race (and probably will do it for the 1st race on most/every day
  • Options
    my losers for tomorow are

1.30 jonbon
    2.10 riviere detel/ warlord ew 
    2.50 kiltealty briggs ew
            lostintranslation ew
    3.30 appreciate it 
    4.10 heaven help us ew
            queens brooke
    4.50 hms seahorse ew
            champion green ew
    5.30 pats fancy 
  • Options
    Skybet are doing the money back in cash for win part only bets on the 1st race (and probably will do it for the 1st race on most/every day
    £10 max and guaranteed odds do not apply
  • Options
    £10 max and guaranteed odds do not apply
    Pretty sure it’s £20