Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2022

Comments

• Options
    What a mare and what a jockey
  • Options
    Wonderful mare.
  • Options
    What a mare and what a jockey

Free money
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Great run from Epetante and may have got closer if it didn’t stumble at the last. Honeysuckle is a superstar.
  • Options
    Honeysuckle wins comfortably. I backed her as well as I couldn't see a creditable alternative.
    But the odds mean that financially it's a hollow victory for me.
  • Options
    Two fallers in first two races, thank God for Honeysuckle.
  • Options
    Two winners so far and this running... cmon burning victory

• Options
    Some crash there. Hope jockeys and horses are okay.

Another one for Henderson.
  • Options
    Did e:w on Mrs Milner. 
    Should’ve won that. Hampered by faller.  
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Run Wild Fred looks a very good thing for the NH Chase but it's a horse race - ask Rachel Blackmore about the ups and downs - and I'm a big fan of Braeside who will need every yard of the 30 furlongs on this ground but 20/1 is too big e/w IMHO even for a 2-place pay out and even though he'd prefer it softer.
    Small stake though cos Fred's gonna take some beating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had Martello Sky, not sure if injured or exhausted but was well placed and looking good and then the jockey just let it fade off with no real effort given to challenge. 
  • Options
    Tellmesomethinggirl was travelling very well gutted we didn't see the outcome.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    well I am hoping to repeat lasts years success where I won on Mrs Milner (my wife's name) and then lumped on Flooring Porter (my wife's maiden name) a few races later

Mrs Milner is running today and has bobs free bet running on it.

well done luv.
  • Options
    Done for then day, decent start.

Win bet in Constitution Hill and EW winner with Corach Rambler.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Had Martello Sky, not sure if injured or exhausted but was well placed and looking good and then the jockey just let it fade off with no real effort given to challenge. 
    Was on MS too. It drifted on the exchange markets significantly pre race. Guessing it must’ve been sweating up badly before the off and had nothing left to give a couple out? That’s my best guess…
  • Options
    Finally got a winner in Brazil. If Pats fancy wins the last it hasn't been a bad day after all.
  • Options
    Run Wild Fred looks a very good thing for the NH Chase but it's a horse race - ask Rachel Blackmore about the ups and downs - and I'm a big fan of Braeside who will need every yard of the 30 furlongs on this ground but 20/1 is too big e/w IMHO even for a 2-place pay out and even though he'd prefer it softer.
    Taken your advice as Skybet paying 3 places.
  • Options
    Taken your advice as Skybet paying 3 places.
    Same. Got RWF in my lucky 15 though
  • Options
    Mrs Milner and Bell Ex One both e/w were afterthoughts for me, so not a bad first day for me. 
    Lumped a bit on Run Wild Fred in the last 🤞🏼
    Really good first day - roll on tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Sorry guys. Bum steer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry guys. Bum steer.
    No dramas! 
  • Options
    Bet 11 points and almost doubled my money thanks to 4 ew winners from 6, all thanks to you lot. Here's to tomorrow, cheers!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Every race fast of standard today. No choice but to dump a load on tonight.
    Odds on it rains as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    XC tomorrow and, for those who haven't tuned into the GN thread as yet, there's a potentially interesting anomaly to mull over with Aintree in mind.
    DELTA WORK is still available at 66/1 courtesy of Bet365 for the GN (generally 33-40/1), which is an intended target.
    Yet he's 7/1 2nd fav to Tiger tomorrow. Tweets show him schooling with Tiger nicely over the course. “He schooled very well, I was delighted with him” (Elliott).

He's got much in common pedigree-wise with former GN-stalwart Saint Are and resembles Many Clouds CV-wise. While versatile as to ground, tends to show his best in the spring.
    If he goes close tomorrow, whether or not he dethrones the Champ, that 66/1 for Aintree will look humongous. 
  • Options
    XC tomorrow and, for those who haven't tuned into the GN thread as yet, there's a potentially interesting anomaly to mull over with Aintree in mind.
    DELTA WORK is still available at 66/1 courtesy of Bet365 for the GN (generally 33-40/1), which Elliott has said is a "definite possibility" for him.
    Yet he's 7/1 2nd fav to Tiger tomorrow. Tweets show him schooling with Tiger nicely over the course.
    He's got much in common pedigree-wise with former GN-stalwart Saint Are and resembles Many Clouds CV-wise. While versatile as to ground, tends to show his best in the spring.
    If he goes close tomorrow, whether or not he dethrones the Champ, that 66/1 for Aintree will look humongous. 
    50p e/w on it Peanuts - 365 : 66/1
    Last of the big spenders me🤪
  • Options
    Shiskin wins tomorrow.

Hope people have doubled it up minimum with Honeysuckle.

I only managed to get 2/1 antepost on Shiskin though but still.....

My fave EWs of tomorrow are Threeunderthrufive and Editor du Gite.

Today was a solid day with my Honeysuckle ante post win, Stattler win , Rachel Blackmore evens "one win or more for the day" special from Paddy Power and Corach Rambler win.

I think the favourites look very strong this week so Sir Gerhard and Facile Vega could have good chances.  American Mike is a threat in the last.

• Options
    1.30 sir gerhard in a few multiples no bet as a single 
    2.10 bravemansgame my biggest punt of the week 
    2.50 Gowel road ew/unexpected party ew 
    3.30 nube negra wo Shishkin
    4.10 easysland
            Shady operator 
    4.50 a wave of the sea ew amerillo sky 
    5.30 redemption day/ rosy red rum ew 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    DELTA WORK is still available at 66/1 courtesy of Bet365 for the GN (generally 33-40/1), which is an intended target.
    Yet he's 7/1 2nd fav to Tiger tomorrow. Tweets show him schooling with Tiger nicely over the course. “He schooled very well, I was delighted with him” (Elliott).
    Just an addendum going-wise.
    Barry Geraghty reported on ATR a few days ago that Elliott fancies the Tiger if the going's decent, Delta Work if it's slow.

Forecasts vary but BBC currently showing for Cheltenham today: Unsettled this morning, heavy rain from 1pm lasting all afternoon.
    Bear in mind, XC course liable to be a notch softer than the racecourse.

He's offered at 70s on the Betfair Exchange (GN win) this morning - made for a tasty breakfast   :)   but he'll no doubt UR at the first today and give me raging reflux.
  • Options
    Highlight of yesterday was Hayley McQueen in a bar in town, gorgeous woman