Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shane Warne RIP

Comments

• Options
    So sad RIP
  • Options
    RIP Shane. Terrible loss for the sport. Thinking of his family at this awful time. 
  • Options
    England players just observed a minutes silence in the Windies followed by a round of applause. A number of them will know them through the media and of course he played with and against some of the coaching staff at both county and international level. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Whenever I think of Shane Warne I just hear the words of their wicket keeper (Gilchrist?) in my head going, "nice one Shane". Sometimes it felt like these nice ones of Shane would go on all day and it used to grate a bit. I'm sure it must have for the batsmen. Truly a sporting great. And a great surprise that he's gone so young. RIP Shane. 
    "Bowwwwwling Shaaaane".
  • Options
    I saw a BBC sport news alert, and it had his name and a comment and I thought it was his comments on Rod Marsh, but it said Spinner not Wicket keeper. 

Terrible loss. 
  • Options
    "How anyone can spin a ball the width of Gatting boggles the mind."

https://youtu.be/44WLwHEWJ4M
  • Options
    What a shock! RIP
  • Options
    That is a terrible shock. The best spin bowler I ever saw, and I've seen some greats. RIP Shane. Thanks for the great memories.
  • Options
    Yes a complete shock. Possibly one of the best spin bowlers ever.  RIP
    No need for the “possibly”. He was absolutely one of the best there ever was. No doubt about that at all. 
    The only debate would be whether he was the best ever.

RIP. Great cricketer. Great character.
    I wouldn't even argue that, defo the best. Murali was a chucker.

RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OMG. Awful. RIP.
  • Options
    Man, feel really gutted about this.

the scourge of England but you probably wouldn't find an England player with a bad word against him

• Options
    Shocking. Surely the greatest player of all time as well as a brilliant pundit. 
  • Options
    In honor of Shane 

https://youtu.be/wa_iG_W0gvk
  • Options
    Massive shock. RIP Shane.
  • Options
    Ladies and gentlemen…. As my old mum used to say, enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think. You just don’t know what’s around the corner. 

• Options
    Ahhh man proper gutting news. RIP Warner. 
  • Options
    Although I don't follow cricket, I'm certainly well aware of his greatness in the sport. What a shock to hear this
    RIP
  • Options
    Just seen  this. I genuinely out loud oh my god moment. Read his tribute to Rod Marsh only a couple of hours before. Such a shock! RIP Warney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    What we have to remember is he was taking a lot of his wickets on non-spin friendly tracks. When we do it is hard not to conclude he was the GOAT in terms of spinners.
  • Options
    a genuine all time great and LEGEND .. this is a real shock and a great shame .. R I P Shane, you were a true one off
  • Options
    oh wow … so sad … RIP
  • Options
    So sad. We've lost an all time great.

RIP Shane.

• Options
    Good lord, now Warnie too. The end to a truly dreadful week of news. 

RIP Shane.
  • Options
    Shocking, RIP
  • Options
    He’s the same age as me 😞
    RIP absolute brilliant cricketer 💔
  • Options
    Shocking.
    RIP Shane.