Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shane Warne RIP

1235»

Comments

• Options
    That’s a shocker. Great bower and came across as a great bloke. RIP Warney 
  • Options
    I'm rocked sideways by this. Shane Warne although an Aussie really ignited my drive for cricket, simply the best spinner to ever play the game, everyone is looking to be the next Warnie. He absolutely embraced life over here as a youngster and his commentary was nothing but a joy. 
  • Options

Surprised by this

RIP

• Options
    Knocked me sideways when I heard this - watched the Shane documentary on NF. Great character and a genius cricketer. One year younger than me ….a few threads on here reminding me of our fragile mortality. RIP Warny
  • Options
    very sad.....watched a documentary years ago about his bowling, truly amazing. Thoughts with his kids who I know he idlolised.
  • Options
    Died in his Ko Samui hotel room watching Australia getting taken apart by Pakistan, evidently.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Met him - one of the nicest guys you would wish to meet off the field - no side to him at all. 

A proper cricketer - hard on the field with a lot of of humour and a great guy off of it. 
  • Options
    Died in his Ko Samui hotel room watching Australia getting taken apart by Pakistan, evidently.
    I believe he died in the Villa that he owned in Cheong Mon, which is about 10 Klm away from me.
    It's frightening that a relatively young, former elite sportsman, who one would imagine could afford regular checkups, CT angiograms etc, could still be suddenly struck down in this tragic way.
    RIP Shane.

• Options
    RIP Shane
  • Options
    I believe he died in the Villa that he owned in Cheong Mon, which is about 10 Klm away from me.
    It's frightening that a relatively young, former elite sportsman, who one would imagine could afford regular checkups, CT angiograms etc, could still be suddenly struck down in this tragic way.
    RIP Shane.

Years of fairly heavy smoking, perhaps.  Dreadful news nonetheless. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Proper gutted to hear this yesterday. Just loved what a fierce competitor he was and massively knowledgeable about the game. Will miss his commentary. RIP 
  • Options
    Privileged to be able to say I saw him play live and grew up watching him.

Absolutely legendary bowler, competitor and character.

He had that rare X factor, whether he was frustrating you with his batting, irritating you with his wickets, whether you were a fan or not, whether you respected his punditry.

Whatever he did in the game he made you feel something and that’s pretty special in my book.

In death he’s made me feel total shock, every time I see something or read something since he passed I get goosebumps.

Go well Shane, cricket won’t be the same without you… boowwwwling Shane
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    RIP Shane.

Agreed. According to his friends, he had previously seen his doctor about chest pains.
    Such a shame it doesn't appear to have been taken any further.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    RIP Shane.

From what I have read and seen reported over the years you can add alcohol and exotic substances to the list as well.

Far too young to die and a tragic loss for his family and the cricket world but it just emphasises the fact you need to look after your body, especially from 50 onwards.
  • Options
    Not only the best spin bowler in history he had a marvellous cricket brain. Not only a fierce competitor but universally loved by all.Also a wonderful pundit ..also the type of chap youd love to spend time with if you were a cricket fan or otherwise. Maybe his 52 years are equal to anyone else's 100 but what a bloke! What a player! What a life ! Such a terrible shame that he is gone so young .Thoughts are with his family 
  • Options
    Mate sent me this then half hour later sent ‘apparently it’s fake ‘ boooooo
  • Options
    If the pictures I received on WhatsApp earlier are real, it looks like he had a lot of fun on his last night on earth
  • Options
    Who or why were those pictures taken? Did he know they were about to be released? I don’t really know the timeline or even if they are legit. What was the point? Pretty grim for his children having millions sharing those pictures worldwide, just adding to their distress. 

I’m fucked off with the amount of chats they’ve appeared on in my groups alone. Weird. 

His passing is just such sad news. Rest in peace Shane.  Unfortunately I’m not sure it’s going to be very peaceful for your family. 

Some people are just utter you know what’s! 
  • Options
    Mate sent me this then half hour later sent ‘apparently it’s fake ‘ boooooo
    Yes, if you look at the top of the page the print doesn't match the paper. Shame, I was thinking of buying it on the strength of that. Thanks for warning me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just checked, the real version doesn't look nearly interesting.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Haven’t seen the photo, however there were photos of him on a bed with some ladies some months back, perhaps it’s the same ones.
  • Options
    What a shock! A great bowler. RIP Shane Warne. 
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the photo, however there were photos of him on a bed with some ladies some months back, perhaps it’s the same one.
    So more fake news - not his last night.

Post mortem confirms natural causes. 

• Options
    If the pictures I received on WhatsApp earlier are real, it looks like he had a lot of fun on his last night on earth
    If it is the pictures I have seen, it isn't. They are a few years old!
  • Options

Obvious fake - Warne’s first Ashes tour was in 1993.
  • Options
    I got sent those pics on What's App and thought it showed a lot of disrespect for the man and his family but then again how could he allow them to be taken.