Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shane Warne RIP

Comments

• Options
    shocked. RIP
  • Options
    Wow. 

Sad news. Bowled THE ball of the century to Gatts....which made us all sit up a bit.

Best spinner ever.

RIP.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Found unresponsive in his villa in Thailand.
    Might have been my neighbour, I spend half my time in Koh Samui. Poor sod. RIP a great bowler.
  • Options
    Sleep tight, Shane.

Taken far too soon.
  • Options
    Very shocking.  Great cricketer.  Heard him chatting to Chris Evans on his breakfast show a little while back - came over as a great guy.  RIP.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

• Options
    Struggling to comprehend this. 
    Unbelievable.
    RIP Shane. 
  • Options
    Just heard and can't believe that the greatest spinner and character has died so young. 
    Only 52 and feel totally shocked.
    RIP legend Shane Warne.
  • Options
    Truely shocked.The greatest spin bowler ever.R.I.P Warney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Hard to take in.
    If you were looking to create a side made up of the best 11 to have ever played the game, Warnie would be one of the first names on the team sheet. On a spinning pitch he was unplayable, on a flat track he was un-scorable.
    Without equal as a spinner.

RIP Shane
    For me, his would be the very first name.  And he'd have a little asterisk next to it. 
  • Options
    And Rodney Marsh too in the same day! Wow a sad day for Australian cricket
  • Options
    Huge shock, the greatest of all spin bowlers. RIP
  • Options
    Big, big shock.
    Probably the greatest ever spin bowler.
    RIP
  • Options
    Couldn't believe it when I heard this incredibly sad news this afternoon, far too young to die.
  • Options
    Gutted , loved his enthusiasm for the game .
    What a bowler RIPped it like no other , a pleasure to have watched him ply his craft throughout his career , even if at the time he was pissing me right off .
  • Options
    Couldn't believe it when I heard the news.

I am a little bit to young to have seen him in his prime, but absolutely loved the work he did with Sky and other media outlets. Whilst he looked like an absolute laugh to be around, he was also so passionate about cricket and you could tell it was such natural enthusiasm that stemmed from a pure love of the game.

Such a sad loss. I am sure he probably crammed more into his 52 years than others would in 100. He always looked like a character that loved life, and just listening to him talk about Cricket, or just having a laugh in the commentary box, cheered me up no end as I'm sure it did many others. 
  • Options
    Fantastic player. I was lucky enough to have had a couple of beers with him a few years ago, interesting character.

RiP
  • Options
    Watching ‘Shane’ on Prime. Hard to believe this doc has recently been released and now he’s gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what an appalling day for cricket and not only the Aussies,Warnie was universally loved for his brash  personality,his easy going attitude and most of all his unsurpassed ability to bowl a cricket ball.
    RIP,Warnie you were a diamond.
  • Options
    Wow. 

Sad news. Bowled THE ball of the century to Gatts....which made us all sit up a bit.

Best bowler ever.

RIP.
    Corrected it for you 
  • Options
    Yes a complete shock. Possibly one of the best spin bowlers ever.  RIP
    Along with Jim Laker

RIP Rod
  • Options
    I think it was Gooch who said that if it had been a cheese roll no way would it have got past Gatt...
  • Options
    A true sporting icon.
    Did more than anyone in my lifetime to reinvigorate the great game.
    RIP Warnie.
  • Options
    Streuth!

RIP a cricketing legend.
  • Options
    In disbelief.... full of charisma and fun.  RIP.
  • Options
    A larger than life character, and an absolute beast of a bowler, he was brilliant, absolutely shocked when I saw the headline for this thread.