Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton announce five-year partnership with RSK

Comments

• Options
    Strange they are leading with partnership…. And not sponsor. I reckon it is very much a performance related deal! 
  • Options
    Is this the major deal Mumford mentioned late last season which never got announced?
  • Options
    might actually get a kit release before August now
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Love the sound of this Sponsor. 

I have been trying to live a little more sustainably since Covid and it is an increasingly important consideration for me and in my job.  I do wonder though how a sustainability company reconcile sponsorship on a yearly changeable piece of clothing..

Whatever, if they can help and advise the club on becoming more sustainable and carbon neutral that will only improve our finances once taxonomy and carbon taxes start to bite in coming years.  It will also make us more investable as more and more investors look at a companies green credentials.  So all good.

We were one of the leading clubs in "kick it out", I would love us to be one of the leaders in sustainability but am probably getting ahead of myself!

Maybe the 5 yr contract is aligned to JJ's performance based contract...
  • Options
    'RSK supports clients in multiple sectors including many of those most critical to future global sustainability such as water, energy, food and drink, infrastructure, urban development, mining and waste. With experts in over 150 different environmental and engineering disciplines, RSK prides itself on the ability to deliver end-to-end solutions to some of the great challenges of our time.'

Some good news at last. That's a partnership to feel proud of as a Charlton fan.
    Cheers Jimmy. I'd never heard of them before, but then it's been a long time since we had sponsors like Woolwich, Fads and Mesh who were household names.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Strange they are leading with partnership…. And not sponsor. I reckon it is very much a performance related deal! 
    That's us fucked then
  • Options
    Never heard of them, no idea what they do to get money.
  • Options
    Stalker alert.
  • Options
    Interesting that it only mentions home shirt sponsor. Presumably not paying big enough bucks for all the shirts
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Sustainability is one of the biggest growth industries in the UK. If I had kids heading towards degrees and A Levels I would be encouraging them into this field.  It is the future and will see exponential growth as people realise all other industries are pointless without a planet capable of supporting life.

I looked up some of their website, and one of the board members is called Nigel Board.
    There is a photograph of all the board members on their site and there is one especially interesting feature of the montage.
    It looks as if they get money by being paid to suggest things, like the care of soil on a construction site.
    Are they consultants?
    I was once told that a consultant will tell you 200 ways to have sex, but they wouldn’t have a partner themselves.
  • Options
    Photo-voltacic panels for the roof of the Jimmy Seed!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm hoping it's a good deal, but as we don't know what the deal is (as one would expect), who knows?
    It could be worth £100K or more than £1M.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    https://gprivate.com/5yjea
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Alan Ryder, founder and CEO of RSK, said: “Charlton are a brilliant football club, both on the pitch and in the community, so I am thrilled to see RSK entering this partnership with them. Over the next five years, we will work very closely with the club as they look to accelerate their sustainability journey. Together with the club, fans and other partners, I believe we can propel Charlton to a leading position in the sustainability league tables.

Sadly, no mention of sustainability Europe which is what we are all wishing for.

It's certainly good that we have bucked the betting company trend.  RSK seem to be an aggregation of environmental, engineering and technical companies, and their website has plenty of 'business speak' (end-to-end, bespoke solutions/lots of core processes and empowerment).  What's not to like?  And you can see why Sandgaard would be impressed.

I struggle with the connection to a football Club, but hey ho!  From CEO Ryder's comments, it sounds like he is expecting Charlton to avail themselves of his organisation's services.

Solar-powered floodlights?
  • Options
    Next season we might have an eco-off with Forest Green Rovers.
  • Options
    I've heard the shirts will be edible.
    I heard scratch and sniff.
  • Options
    "As a first step to becoming more environmentally conscious, we will reduce the number of chips from 14 to 12"
    Same number of chips just cooked in recycled diesel.

Global company - God, I hope they haven't got an office in Moscow....
  • Options
    People saying they can't see a link between RSK and CAFC aren't looking hard enough 

"When completing work for Network Rail on the monitoring of level crossing safety, RSK recognised that existing survey methods were limited and of low quality. In response, our team designed and installed CCTV equipment and bespoke software that provided more comprehensive monitoring of level crossings. The project resulted in an improved risk assessment and surveying method and contributed to the overall safety of level crossings."