Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton announce five-year partnership with RSK

Comments

• Options
    Not abandoning their Russia based colleagues. 
  • Options
    I've heard the shirts will be edible.
    Definitely recyclable then.
  • Options
    Look like a decent company.  They’re in my target sector for my job.  I’m going to start prospecting them
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Never heard of them, no idea what they do to get money.
    Sustainability is one of the biggest growth industries in the UK. If I had kids heading towards degrees and A Levels I would be encouraging them into this field.  It is the future and will see exponential growth as people realise all other industries are pointless without a planet capable of supporting life.

I looked up some of their website, and one of the board members is called Nigel Board.
    There is a photograph of all the board members on their site and there is one especially interesting feature of the montage.
    It looks as if they get money by being paid to suggest things, like the care of soil on a construction site.
    Are they consultants?
    I was once told that a consultant will tell you 200 ways to have sex, but they wouldn’t have a partner themselves.
    Let me guess, you are "wary" of them all because of their skin colour?
    Brad And Lex Uh GIF - Brad And Lex Uh What - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    So what is the interesting feature of the montage?
  • Options
    Brad And Lex Uhh GIF - Brad And Lex Uhh Hmm - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    Someone's learned how to post GIFs recently then.
  • Options
    Brad And Lex Lmfao GIF - Brad And Lex Lmfao Lmao - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you even watch their YouTube content? I like Brad & Lex, but don't really get the relevance of them in your GIFs.
  • Options
    Brad And Lex Oooo GIF - Brad And Lex Oooo Oh GIFs
  • Options
    My explanation was edited at 2.24pm.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    So what is the interesting feature of the montage? I edited my comment as on re-reading I couldn't work out if you were or were not bashing their board based on their skin colour. (off it's post kind of led mine).
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    seth plum said:
    Used to watch this channel. Have you watched any if their content @seth plum  ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So what is the interesting feature of the montage? I edited my comment as on re-reading I couldn't work out if you were or were not bashing their board based on their skin colour. (off it's post kind of led mine).
    Don't expect a straight answer
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Charlton do seem to have a track record of sponsors going out of business.. I can think of 2 or 3

No recently.

Last five all still around

KW

Betdaq

Andrews   

University of Greenwich  

KRBS  

Others like Mesh and Viglin still around in different forms (Viglin were bought by Amstrad IIRC)

Woolwich were absorbed by Barclays, Fads went but a long time after our deal ended.

Llanera and all:sports went under but I think Cabrini are still around.

Not sure about Sunley Builders
    Redbus went under as well I think
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think if you re-read my post you will see that I did not 'bash' their board.
    Unlike some on here who like to bash the Bishop. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Yes.
    Often a very cheery watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think if you re-read my post you will see that I did not 'bash' their board.
    Unlike some on here who like to bash the Bishop. 
    Nothing wrong with bashing the bishop 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Gribbo said:
    seth plum said:
    Yes.
    Often a very cheery watch.
    Thought they might've been a bit too conservative for you
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm hoping it's a good deal, but as we don't know what the deal is (as one would expect), who knows?
    It could be worth £100K or more than £1M.
    Don’t be silly. 
    Seems like an interesting company and I agree it’s good they aren’t from the usual betting mobs, etc. I would think it’s a good as we are going to get in L1. But it ain’t gonna be much over £100k pa without promotion - maybe 2.5% of ticket revenue?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    That'll be about a tenner then after relegation, I bet RSK are desperately searching for a cooling off period on the contract or some other escape clause.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I'm hoping it's a good deal, but as we don't know what the deal is (as one would expect), who knows?
    Don’t be silly. 
    Seems like an interesting company and I agree it’s good they aren’t from the usual betting mobs, etc. I would think it’s a good as we are going to get in L1. But it ain’t gonna be much over £100k pa without promotion - maybe 2.5% of ticket revenue?
    Don't be silly, don't be silly!
    If you're correct and it's worth £100K pa, over 5 years =  £500K.
    I said it could be worth £100K to £1M+, which is what £500K is.
    In fact £500K is pretty much bang in the middle of what I said.

Don't be silly yourself!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Don’t be silly. 

Don't be silly yourself!
    Yes, I knew you would say that, but it’s not a good argument. A value of £100k would decent for L1 (assuming it’s that much) but we don’t know what division we may be over the next five years (I’m putting that neutrally!).

£100k is roughly 2.5% of ticket revenue (again currently). I think we need to focus on that because people often claim that sponsorship is key to the club’s finances. It’s useful, but it’s a relatively minor consideration if you’re losing £8m (a year, not over five years).

• Options
    Don’t be silly. 

Don't be silly yourself!
    Yes, I knew you would say that, but it’s not a good argument. A value of £100k would decent for L1 (assuming it’s that much) but we don’t know what division we may be over the next five years (I’m putting that neutrally!).

£100k is roughly 2.5% of ticket revenue (again currently). I think we need to focus on that because people often claim that sponsorship is key to the club’s finances. It’s useful, but it’s a relatively minor consideration if you’re losing £8m (a year, not over five years).

I'm pleased you knew that I would point out that I was correct and you shouldn't have told me not to be silly.
    I have no idea what you're going on about telling me "it's not a good argument".
    I'm not arguing at all.
    I simply said we don't know what the deal is, it could be worth £100K or more than £1M.
    You effectively agreed with me by suggesting it was worth £500K and called me silly for no reason.
  • Options
    Don’t be silly. 

Don't be silly yourself!

I'm pleased you knew that I would point out that I was correct and you shouldn't have told me not to be silly.
    I have no idea what you're going on about telling me "it's not a good argument".
    I'm not arguing at all.
    I simply said we don't know what the deal is, it could be worth £100K or more than £1M.

You effectively agreed with me by suggesting it was worth £500K and called me silly for no reason.
    We know it’s not going to be £20k a year so I would say that is silly.
  • Options
    Don’t be silly. 

Don't be silly yourself!

I'm not arguing at all.

We know it’s not going to be £20k a year so I would say that is silly.
    You really can be obnoxious.
    Tsk. Come on chaps, time to take a step back and lose yourselves in a consoling bottle of wine.
    I know I have.  ;)