Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Switzerland / Ivory Coast

Comments

• Options
    I like Gallagher but shows how good Declan Rice is. Absolutely pinnacle to our whole team.
    Tbf Gallagher best player on the pitch second half 
  • Options
    Gallagher isn’t a bad option to have at all. Him and Rice in the middle would be a bastard to play against.

Still hoping to see Rice and Bellingham at some point this year.
  • Options
    Surprised to see Grealish and Foden playing together for England
  • Options
    Thats how you do it Conor
  • Options
    We still have 10 potential starters to come in to this team
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Ben White has been very average.
    Strangely, White looked one of the best players when he went to RWB. 
    Rice has the potential, engine and mind to be a world class player. He’s like a bigger, more physical version of Kante. 
    Agree that even if their club form is crap there’s no way Southgate disrupts a team that has played together for 4+ years now when it comes to tournament football. 
  • Options
    Atmosphere at game was crap, Mount and KWP rubbish. Motm Pickford. 
  • Options
    On the way home from Wembley. 

Atmosphere wasn’t too bad until the 2nd half and all the paper airplane/Mexican wave shite started. 

Conor Gallagher was superb, best player on the pitch for me.

Agree that Ben White looked surprisingly good going forward on the right.
  • Options
    See, I thought KWP did a decent job. Watching on the tv mind.
  • Options
    Been a regular watching England the last few years and took my lad for the first time…. It’s what breaks my heart with Charlton. A 13 yr old living in Surrey has no interest in watching us but I can bond with him watching Kane, Foden, Rice etc…. 

I still think our first choice team can win the World Cup. With that formation, would love to see:

Pickford
    TAA
    Shaw
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

Rice
    Henderson / Bellingham

Sterling
    Kane
    Foden
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been a regular watching England the last few years and took my lad for the first time…. It’s what breaks my heart with Charlton. A 13 yr old living in Surrey has no interest in watching us but I can bond with him watching Kane, Foden, Rice etc…. 

I still think our first choice team can win the World Cup. With that formation, would love to see:

Pickford
    TAA
    Shaw
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

Rice
    Henderson / Bellingham

Sterling
    Kane
    Foden
    Reece James ahead of TAA for me. Against good opposition TAA is still very suspect defensively; it’s just not exposed at Liverpool because of how often they win the ball back further up the pitch. 

• Options

Pickford
    TAA
    Shaw
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire

Rice
    Henderson / Bellingham

Sterling
    Kane
    Foden
    Reece James ahead of TAA for me. Against good opposition TAA is still very suspect defensively; it’s just not exposed at Liverpool because of how often they win the ball back further up the pitch. 

When referring specifically to the wing back formation played today, TAA is our best wing back for me.

Reece James better in a standard back 4
  • Options
    See, I thought KWP did a decent job. Watching on the tv mind.
    I thought he struggled, may be being harsh
  • Options
    Henderson is a closer of a game. 

Should not be starting in major tournament games. 
  • Options
    Went today, atmosphere was terrible & all the Mexican wave nonsense made things worse - too many day trippers at England games now, post Euros 

And don’t get me started about the signs begging players for their shirts, one sign for Foden was a least 4 ft tall, embarrassing 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Went today, atmosphere was terrible & all the Mexican wave nonsense made things worse - too many day trippers at England games now, post Euros 

And don’t get me started about the signs begging players for their shirts, one sign for Foden was a least 4 ft tall, embarrassing 
    I was sat by the corner flag, and the kids (and even a couple of adults!) would rush down to the front each time Mount/Grealish came over to take a corner. 5 minutes before the end I couldn't even see what was going on during the game because the view was just blocked by a sea of kids trying to get the prime spot to get the attention of a player at full time, all with their home-made signs. I know they're only kids etc etc, but it feels like you're at Disneyland rather than an international football match. 

I really want to be a part of the England away experience, but having to endure these home atmospheres in the meantime is torture. 
  • Options
    Fell asleep 10 mins into tne 2nd half. Woke up as the penalty was awarded. Gave up with attending these games a few years ago. England at Wembley is invariably a sanitised, dull as fuck experience.
  • Options
    Pickford, after 43 caps, has never made an error that has led to a goal.
  • Options

"You can go to see England once for every five Charlton games you go to son..."

Easy when you think about it Damo. 

:D  
  • Options
    Bet Everton fans wonder what the hell goes on when he puts on an England shirt.

Wonder if he'll get picked up by a Premier League club if they get relegated

Newcastle maybe - Cant honestly see that many suitors due to his club performances
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Newcastle maybe - Cant honestly see that many suitors due to his club performances
    Keepers aren't immune from making mistakes - it's just that theirs is amplified because of what then follows. We've seen certain strikers miss a string of open goals but if they get 20 goals a season they simply do not get dropped. Pickford is protected more playing for England - one because the better defenders mean the opposition create less chances and as per the shot that Pickford pushed out last night, there is one on hand like Guehi who proactively reacts to the situation.

Southampton possibly (Forster is 34 and McCarthy is 32 and Pickford is better than both of them) plus possibly one of the three promoted sides too. Just a question as to whether they will have the requisite money. The other club that will be looking for a "complete" keeper in the not too distant future will be Spurs. Lloris is 35 now and whilst he shows no sign of stopping, is Gollini the natural successor? Would they be better selling Lloris now and replacing him with another international keeper who is some seven years younger? 
  • Options

Pickford is a massive Sunderland fan. No chance Newcastle.
  • Options
    Well I blame him for the Italy equaliser. If that had been Pope he would have pushed it out for a corner. Hate keepers who push shots back into play. He is a disaster waiting to happen imo, plus too small. Harsh, yes but true. 
  • Options
    Well I blame him for the Italy equaliser. If that had been Pope he would have pushed it out for a corner. Hate keepers who push shots back into play. He is a disaster waiting to happen imo, plus too small. Harsh, yes but true. 
    By the same token, he made a couple of top drawer save against Germany in the 2nd round. The bloke has never let England down. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    By the same token, he made a couple of top drawer saves against Germany and others in the euros. The bloke has never let England down. 
  • Options
    43 caps
    20 clean sheets
    0 errors leading to goals 

been a disaster waiting to happen for quite a long time really…
  • Options
    My girlfriend bought 8 tickets through an app for NHS workers for the Ivory Coast game tomorrow - she got into work this morning to an email saying they have all been cancelled. We’ve all taken the day off work as we were going to have a piss up at boxpark. Useless cunts.