Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Switzerland / Ivory Coast

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Honestly don't think we'll see too many surprises once the WC squad is announced, probably 3-4 changes from the Euro squad and of course cutting it down as a WC squad is 23 but we had 26 allowed at the Euro's because of covid.

Injuries permitting, if i was to make a guess now i'd say the changes from the Euro's will be:

Pope for Johnstone
    TAA for Trippier
    Abraham for DCL

A decision to be made over White or Mings.
    Sancho and Rashford won't go unless they have great starts to next season. 

Phillips has a few months into next season to keep his place, but if he starts next season well, and possibly even leaves Leeds for a bigger club then i don't see Southgate leaving him out.

Not sure who else you'd omit from the Euro's squad, so don't see where the likes of Ward-Prowse, Watkins, Gallagher or Guehi can fit in.
  • Options
    Ben White at right back in a 433
  • Options
    Well I blame him for the Italy equaliser. If that had been Pope he would have pushed it out for a corner. Hate keepers who push shots back into play. He is a disaster waiting to happen imo, plus too small. Harsh, yes but true. 
    The fuck, this is insane, it was an incredible save
  • Options
    Shows how little premier league football I watch but I don’t know who Tyrick Mitchell is ….
  • Options
    Incidentally who else remembers the Max Gradel rumours from a few years back. If I remember it was rumoured we had a bid in and all sorts.
  • Options
    Only Serge could get himself sent off in a friendly.
    Absolute fruit loop!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our depth is increasingly impressive. Bellingham is a serious talent - think there is every chance he will play himself into the line up for the World Cup. Especially if he gets a move to the prem in the summer 
    Just need 1-2 top centre backs to come through and we'll be sorted for years.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Shows how little premier league football I watch but I don’t know who Tyrick Mitchell is ….
    Saturday was the first time I've ever not known an England player, had to Google him.

• Options
    Christ why has the referee been told to review that VAR penalty

Ivory Coast player clearly got the ball

I thought it was only English referees that were apparently so bad?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Our depth is increasingly impressive. Bellingham is a serious talent - think there is every chance he will play himself into the line up for the World Cup. Especially if he gets a move to the prem in the summer 
    Tomori needs to be in there IMO…. Chalobah has potential. And let’s not forget we have Maguire and Stones who were one of the most solid partnerships at the Euros. Just gutted that it looks like Gomez will be hampered by injuries….. remember his Brazil performance 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Saturday was the first time I've ever not known an England player, had to Google him.

This. 
    I'd not heard of Guehi or Mitchell. 
  • Options
    Tomori needs to be in there IMO…. Chalobah has potential. And let’s not forget we have Maguire and Stones who were one of the most solid partnerships at the Euros. Just gutted that it looks like Gomez will be hampered by injuries….. remember his Brazil performance 
    I think Tomori needs to be above Mings, but Mings can play on the left of a 3. On the recent England Doc Steve Holland spoke about him doing the scouting and he is on the radar. I think it was @Chris_from_Sidcup who posted about the squad being 3 less than the euros so the change from that will be minimal, mainly due to 23 instead of 26 players. 
  • Options
    Such a boring 2nd half - against 10 men I expected an England barrage 2nd half - but as a Charlton supporter I’m not surprised, seen it all before !!!
  • Options
    30 minutes in the 2nd half and the Ivory Coast goalie hasn't had to make a save - rubbish
  • Options
    A win is a win but would've certainly liked to see us have more of a go this half. Been pretty shite against 10 men, and Ivory Coast had the best chance.
  • Options
    Haven't watched but it was pretty obvious at 2-0 and against 10 men that the players wouldn't really too bothered to push for anything more than that. Going through the motions until they can travel back to their clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just going through the motions, keep the ball, do the basics. We ain’t gonna batter a team 2-0 up in a friendly when they’re 10 behind the ball. Have a bit of perspective. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Anyone at Wembley tonight booing Harry Maguire is an absolute clown.

Whilst i'll be the first to admit (in fact Maguire would probably admit it himself) that he's been poor for United, he's never let England down and certainly doesn't deserve to be booed. Not to mention that i'd guess the majority of 'fans' booing him, are doing so because he's been shit for United, who they probably don't even support.
    This. 100%.

I’ve been to each England home game since the Euros as I’ve always wanted to get involved with following them away, but it is a tedious experience at Wembley.

Just surrounded by arm-chair Big 6 fans who will boo anyone who doesn’t play for their club. Even before a ball is kicked. Then they’ll just sit and talk all through the game, showing zero interest.

I’m seeing it through so I can hopefully get to the odd away game, but fuck me, it’s hard work. 
    Imagine they got the iPhone torches out.
  • Options
    The problem is that this anti Maguire shit has been brewing on social media for a while and now it’s made it’s way onto mainstream tv. It’s little clueless dickheads that don’t represent the majority English supporters being heard.
    One thing I picked up on at Wembley tonight, was that a lot of the booing from people around me felt very forced. They weren’t genuinely angry - it was purely just for effect (much like a lot of the mud slinging on social media).

Arsenal Fan TV style pretend anger. 
  • Options
    Why are people booing Maguire? 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    The problem is that this anti Maguire shit has been brewing on social media for a while and now it’s made it’s way onto mainstream tv. It’s little clueless dickheads that don’t represent the majority English supporters being heard.
    One thing I picked up on at Wembley tonight, was that a lot of the booing from people around me felt very forced. They weren’t genuinely angry - it was purely just for effect (much like a lot of the mud slinging on social media).

Arsenal Fan TV style pretend anger. 
    We live in a world of fan tv where views are more important than actual passion.
  • Options
    @cafctom Following England is proper hard work. I’ve been too home matches when I’ve been paid to scan multiple tickets for people to collect their points. Went today to collect the points because it was my turn (Didn’t go on Saturday). 

Whenever I go to watch England at home I grateful that I don’t support a premier league side. It could be worse, could have to travel to Villa Park for a friendly.
  • Options
    Got to be the worst atmosphere at Wembley for a long time.
    Anyone booing Maguire needs to give their head a wobble, dear me 🙄