Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Switzerland / Ivory Coast

1235»

Comments

• Options
    @cafctom Following England is proper hard work. I’ve been too home matches when I’ve been paid to scan multiple tickets for people to collect their points. Went today to collect the points because it was my turn (Didn’t go on Saturday). 

Whenever I go to watch England at home I grateful that I don’t support a premier league side. It could be worse, could have to travel to Villa Park for a friendly.
    The idea of cap cheating was something that annoyed me when I first heard about it. But now having experienced 4-5 home games I can partly understand it. 

I go to the games on my own, which probably doesn’t help as I end up having to listen to every other annoying day tripper tosser near me who are only there because they got a cheap ticket from a mate and have zero interest in getting behind England.
  • Options
    Was at the game if I knew how boring the second half was going to be would have left early and avoided the hours queue on Wembley Way
  • Options
    No disrespect but if you didn’t know an international friendly second half with multiple substitutes against 10 men of a team who didn’t even qualify for the World Cup, would be shit, then you must be new.
  • Options
    No offence taken just optimistic you have to be to support Charlton 
  • Options
    Never played bad for England.
    Wembley wasn’t full of Man United fans booing so I can only assume people were booing “for the memes”
    football Twitter - what a sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    They must all be so desperate to see ‘in form’ players like Mark Guehi, Tyrick Mitchell and Craig Dawson. Most of them probably don’t even know what clubs those players even play for…
  • Options
    Maybe those Football fans should be looking at Man Utd rather than England with regards to Harry Maguire and his form

Because cmon lets be honest, its not just Maguire who goes away and performs like a different player for his country compared to his club.

Feels like its rotten to the core up there. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    They must all be so desperate to see ‘in form’ players like Mark Guehi, Tyrick Mitchell and Craig Dawson. Most of them probably don’t even know what clubs those players even play for…
    I don’t! 🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty much everyone I’ve seen or heard on social media defending the booing are overseas United fans.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I just don’t get it, maybe I’m just old school but Booing your own players when it’s your country you’re watching is ridiculous, it’s just boring tribalism why bother going??

Now Charlton .,,,

that’s a different matter!

There’s been a lot to boo about down the years with rubbish after rubbish performance, lack of effort, and what am I doing here watching this tosh moments.

I don’t boo,  I’ve decided it’s not worth wasting my breath over.

I tend to shake my head and glare at the players menacingly 🙄

I’d imagine Charlton fans ‘booing’ vocal cords are probably worn out by now!
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone I’ve seen or heard on social media defending the booing are overseas United fans.
    The ones booing IN the stadium wouldn't have been from overseas. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The ones booing IN the stadium wouldn't have been from overseas. 
    Sure. I said defending on social media. I wasn’t there to witness who was booing in the stadium.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The tribalism with the National team is just strange.

Remember years ago have an argument with someone taking the piss out of Ashley Cole all game - His only reason was because he's a twat apparently 
  • Options
    Was having conversation on the train back yesterday. Excluding Dias & Van Dijk who are the best defenders in football. Seems like in general we don’t have many good centre defenders in world football.
  • Options
    Happened with Gomez as well after being assaulted by Sterling. 

It's not a new thing. Friendlies there are a lot more day ticket fans that would put club loyalties way above 'England'. 

They're there to see Saka/White etc. rather than England. 
  • Options
    Happened with Gomez as well after being assaulted by Sterling. 

It's not a new thing. Friendlies there are a lot more day ticket fans that would put club loyalties way above 'England'. 

They're there to see Saka/White etc. rather than England. 
    Just a shame that Gomez didn't get the same sort of defence from his team mates with the statements issued by Henderson etc. 

Although equally difficult as imagine they didn't want to create a split in the dressing room. 
  • Options
    The tribalism with the National team is just strange.

Remember years ago have an argument with someone taking the piss out of Ashley Cole all game - His only reason was because he's a twat apparently 
    To be fair, he wasn't wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good summing up up that, Johnny. 
  • Options
    Such a great squad with lots of potential and as per the media and fans trying to fuck it up, shocking to hear about booing Maguire, yes he's been bad for United but never let England down, similar to Pickford in my opinion but he doesn't get the bad press. 

Bellingham is so classy, would be good to see him starting. Have a feeling it will be between and Mount for one position. Our one supposed weakness is defence, but Maguire and Stones is decent and back ups Tomori, Cocady. White, Mings all very good without any stand out but solid. 

Last nights game was very dull, surprised the intensity of Ivory Coast, even from the first 5-10 they were intent on getting into us and making silly fouls, the sending off both affected the game and felt was harsh. I know Aurier has these moments but didn't feel it was the right decision, especially as it's a friendly. 

Still a standard friendly really, gave a few players a chance but players didn't really over commit as its a friendly. The sending off just made them sit back and us go into safe mode.  
    Spot on!
  • Options
    I was at the game last night, thought £30 was a decent price for a Wembley game. I have to say, Id describe the crowd as the ultimate football for a fiver crowd. 
  • Options
    Was at the game if I knew how boring the second half was going to be would have left early and avoided the hours queue on Wembley Way
    Use Wembley Stadium underground which has minimal queing if any. 
  • Options
    Do you mean Wembley Stadium national rail?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    Do you mean Wembley Stadium national rail?
    Yes, sorry I do. 
    I'm usually back in Marylebone in 15 mins, if I leave sharpish.
    If you are close to the station (from your seat as opposed to being on the other side of the stadium) there's usually small queues.
    No doubt it gets busier if you get there later, but nothing like Wembley Park. 
    I make sure I know what letter exit I need beforehand & get there sharpish. 
  • Options

Police had to intervene to help football fans waiting up to two hours to retrieve bags from Wembley Stadium.

Supporters had been restricted to bringing bags no "larger than an A4 piece of paper" to the England versus Ivory Coast match on Tuesday evening.

However, many who were unaware of the policy were forced to wait to check their bags out after the game with long queues forming as a result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60927083