Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 World Cup draw (1st April, 5pm UK)

Comments

• Options
    Dream draw for England isn't it?
  • Options
    Group B:

ENGLAND
    Iran
    USA
    WALES or SCOTLAND/Ukraine
  • Options
    What a group 
  • Options
    Group G:

Brazil
    Serbia
    Switzerland
    Cameroon
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Sadly it'll be months before the final team in our group is decided
  • Options
    Canada will be in Group F and Ghana in Group H.
  • Options
    Sadly it'll be months before the final team in our group is decided
    Only two months
  • Options
    Group H:

Portugal
    Ghana
    Uruguay
    South Korea
  • Options
    Easiest group
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if Reza Ghoochanniejad will come out of International Retirement :D
    It could be Reza vs Chris Gunter then  ;)
  • Options
    Group F:

Belgium
    Canada
    Morocco
    Croatia
  • Options
    Am I the only one who doesn’t understand; how can Scotland/Wales be drawn in our group. But Iran v Saudi Arabia can’t happen and Brazil v Uruguay can’t happen? 
  • Options
    Bloody hell, the job requirement is largely drawing one ball from a pot containing one ball. It's like occupational therapy in a home for the terminally bewildered.
  • Options
    That's a really juicy group. Pretty much whichever team wins the playoff has a story about it
  • Options
    Am I the only one who doesn’t understand; how can Scotland/Wales be drawn in our group. But Iran v Saudi Arabia can’t happen and Brazil v Uruguay can’t happen? 
    Every group must contain at least one European nation and no more than 2.

Every other confederation must be kept apart.

That's because there are more than eight European teams in the draw. It's not physically possible to keep UEFA apart in every group.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Scotland already looking forward to their 0-0 / 0-1 / 0-5 win.
  • Options
    Because there are more European Nations than groups.
  • Options
    You can have 2 European teams in one group because there are more European countries, but not for the other confederations
  • Options
    Easiest group

F and G look fairly easy for Belgium and Brazil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Brazil, Switzerland and Serbia will be getting deja vu after being drawn together in back to back World Cups.
  • Options
    When does Noel Edmonds jump up in front of Southgate and shout “Gotcha April fool”?   What an outstandingly jammy group for England. Without doubt the easiest options they could have had. The group could be over before Scotland or Wales give them a nil nil kicking. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Notice how the women on stage must have...
    1. Straight hair
    2. brunette
    3. dressed fully neck to toe, no skin
    4. loose fitting clothes that show no curves 

• Options
    We should waltz through that Group

The other three could make it a very good battle for second place

Wouldnt like to say who'd get it

Unless Scotland qualify in which case we know it wont be them
    Not sure if I'm LOLing the jab at Scotland or you saying the group will be easy.
  • Options
    A couple of tough/open groups but no real group of death
  • Options
    When was the last time we played on the opening day of the world cup?
  • Options
    We need to remind Scotland/Wales who the uk boss is, and how much they need us.

They will be getting ahead of themselves prior to that match.

We need to provide either of them with a gentle 4-0 battering.

If Ukraine make it....then ok. All the best to them lot!

• Options
    Most of the groups are fairly comfortable for the favoured nations. Lets face it 16 teams make it through, which is plenty of space
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Bloody hell, the job requirement is largely drawing one ball from a pot containing one ball. It's like occupational therapy in a home for the terminally bewildered.
    It was the red balls that got me, A1, B1, C1, D1... Absolutely no-one had a clue what was coming next. What was the point of that?
  • Options
    Superb draw for us, couldn't have gone much better. Holland will also be absolutely delighted at their group.

Looking at it overall though, it should be pretty easy to pick 7 of the 8 group winners. I'd say only the Spain/Germany group is tough to call the winner.