Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Yes you’re right that is definitely nothing
  • Uboat said:
    Rylo said:
    Is it just me in thinking Sam Lavelle isn’t looking particularly svelt ?
    There was a photo of him with Fraser and he had a fat belly in that too
    Wish my fat belly looked like that.
    Here complete with the wibbly blue circle:

very very quiet day…

I actually feel sick looking at that repulsive, obese mess of a human. 
    Awful isn’t it, and to think we’re relying on him to give us clean sheet wins

Yep absolute disgrace. How's he going to be jogging down the line when he can't even see the line when he looks down due to that monstrous blubber gut.
  • Scoham said:
    Where’s the McGrandles rumour come from?
    apparently from someone posting pictures of a Big Mac  (Mc) a mountain range (Rio GRAND) and no idea from the last pic. 
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Won’t be signing Wiredu but another potential sell on fee.
    That's a strange one, I thought he would go higher/bigger club.

Something smells fishy.
    Haven't seen enough of him to really judge but he was voted away player of the year by Colchester fans after he had Some great games on cold freezing nights in Carlisle and Rochdale which the Fleetwood scout saw.
    How did he play at home ?

Location Location.

• Scoham said:
    Where’s the McGrandles rumour come from?
    apparently from someone posting pictures of a Big Mac  (Mc) a mountain range (Rio GRAND) and no idea from the last pic. 
    That’s what I was trying to work out, wondered if I had missed something that led to that.

Last one is Dell.
  • That is definitely Charles clayden 🤣
    Just 2 blokes looking to replace the signwriter and wondering what other door they are supposed to use.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn't he shown the door at MK Dons the same time as Gilbey as part of their covid related cost saving?
    And now he's coming to replace him. How the turn tables!

Think id rather keep Gilbey.
  • colthe3rd said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Who is this with TS, not suggesting it's anyone just don't recognise them. 
    Did a lifer type that sign?
    The sign fucks me up as well...

Not very well installed!
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn't he shown the door at MK Dons the same time as Gilbey as part of their covid related cost saving?

Based on what? His goal against Hartlepool that pushes that minutes per goal below 1000? Only one of these players can play a possession style.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I’d like to know more, a better passer than Gilbey on those stats. Didn’t get goals and assists but was often sitting deeper, did he assist the assist etc? Gilbey was encouraged to get forward so you need the CM in that role to get goals and assist.
  • Completed passes 71% for a central midfielder is pretty dire isn't it? 
  • Completed passes 71% for a central midfielder is pretty dire isn't it? 
    As ever it's meaningless without context.

In context its very, not pretty, dire.
  • Looking at whoscored and comparing them and they aren’t really similar players. McGrandles seems more like a signing we could make instead of Louis Reed rather than a Gilbey replacement. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Looking at whoscored and comparing them and they aren’t really similar players. McGrandles seems more like a signing we could make instead of Louis Reed rather than a Gilbey replacement. 
    And looking at the average positions of a recent Lincoln game McGrandles (number 18) is definitely more of a holding midfielder so not much point comparing him to Gilbey 
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    Looking at whoscored and comparing them and they aren’t really similar players. McGrandles seems more like a signing we could make instead of Louis Reed rather than a Gilbey replacement. 
    And looking at the average positions of a recent Lincoln game McGrandles (number 18) is definitely more of a holding midfielder so not much point comparing him to Gilbey 
    His relevant stats are very similar to Reed's.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Or maybe he's not that good and midtable L1 is his level?
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Definitely feel he’s rated higher amongst our fan base because he came from our academy.
  • NabySarr said:
    NabySarr said:
    So another Dobson replacement  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Definitely feel he’s rated higher amongst our fan base because he came from our academy.
    Probably the same people that act like Morgan is better than De Bruyne
  • I set today aside to keep an eye on here for the next new player, and having been on here since around 8am on and off I’m feeling I need a debrief now!
  • Swisdom said:
    Doughty's agent should be shot.  In 2 years since leaving (TOO EARLY IN HIS CAREER) he has amassed 25 matches in 2 seasons and scored one goal

What an epically stupid move it was at the time.  It was obvious he fitted in well at Charlton and was enjoying his game with us but the agent got greedy, Alfie saw pound signs and the rest is history.

He needed to go to a club with less expectation and Luton is probably a reasonable move for him even if it is a compete shithole.  Should have stayed at The Valley.
    He’s now considerably richer and has just signed for a club who finished top 6 in the Championship last season. 

Since he left us, we’ve failed to make the top 6 in League One and then finished bottom half last season.

While he might have played more football here, securing his finances after that bad injury was a wise move. 
  • who was the second signing, think I missed it.
  • Swisdom said:
    Doughty's agent should be shot.  In 2 years since leaving (TOO EARLY IN HIS CAREER) he has amassed 25 matches in 2 seasons and scored one goal

What an epically stupid move it was at the time.  It was obvious he fitted in well at Charlton and was enjoying his game with us but the agent got greedy, Alfie saw pound signs and the rest is history.

He needed to go to a club with less expectation and Luton is probably a reasonable move for him even if it is a compete shithole.  Should have stayed at The Valley.
    He’s now considerably richer and has just signed for a club who finished top 6 in the Championship last season. 

Since he left us, we’ve failed to make the top 6 in League One and then finished bottom half last season.

While he might have played more football here, securing his finances after that bad injury was a wise move. 
    I appreciate it's still a higher level than us but he pulled his hamstring - it's not exactly a debilitating injury

He'd have played a lot more games but also got himself a better move further up the ladder

The issue with Alfie is he had no fucking brain.  He had pace and a half decent left foot but he did not make the most of the opportunities he created.  Bowyer used to go mental as he'd watch Alfie skin a defender, get to the byline and then make a hash of his cross.  "Fucking slow it down" he used to shout.  He would get so annoyed and I don't blame him.  There were all the components to make a great player but the bit between the ears was the bit that needed working on.Hopefully Luton can harness that
  • Comms team took a while coming up with that one then ;)
  • who was the second signing, think I missed it.

Gareth a Welsh LB or Left midfielder who has been playing in Spain. 
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

I appreciate it's still a higher level than us but he pulled his hamstring - it's not exactly a debilitating injury

He'd have played a lot more games but also got himself a better move further up the ladder

The issue with Alfie is he had no fucking brain.  He had pace and a half decent left foot but he did not make the most of the opportunities he created.  Bowyer used to go mental as he'd watch Alfie skin a defender, get to the byline and then make a hash of his cross.  "Fucking slow it down" he used to shout.  He would get so annoyed and I don't blame him.  There were all the components to make a great player but the bit between the ears was the bit that needed working on.Hopefully Luton can harness that
    Fully agree about the lack of brain. I was genuinely surprised when he got his move to championship as didn't view him as an okay players with loads of pace. 
    Nathan Jones is much better coach than Bowyer so AD is in good hands but wouldn't be surprised if he plummeted down the football pyramid in a couple of years.