Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Excellent signing
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:
    Doughty's agent should be shot.  In 2 years since leaving (TOO EARLY IN HIS CAREER) he has amassed 25 matches in 2 seasons and scored one goal

What an epically stupid move it was at the time.  It was obvious he fitted in well at Charlton and was enjoying his game with us but the agent got greedy, Alfie saw pound signs and the rest is history.

He needed to go to a club with less expectation and Luton is probably a reasonable move for him even if it is a compete shithole.  Should have stayed at The Valley.
    He’s now considerably richer and has just signed for a club who finished top 6 in the Championship last season. 

Since he left us, we’ve failed to make the top 6 in League One and then finished bottom half last season.

While he might have played more football here, securing his finances after that bad injury was a wise move. 
    I appreciate it's still a higher level than us but he pulled his hamstring - it's not exactly a debilitating injury

He'd have played a lot more games but also got himself a better move further up the ladder

The issue with Alfie is he had no fucking brain.  He had pace and a half decent left foot but he did not make the most of the opportunities he created.  Bowyer used to go mental as he'd watch Alfie skin a defender, get to the byline and then make a hash of his cross.  "Fucking slow it down" he used to shout.  He would get so annoyed and I don't blame him.  There were all the components to make a great player but the bit between the ears was the bit that needed working on.Hopefully Luton can harness that
    ‘Pulled his Hamstring’ is a massive understatement. He tore the muscle off the bone? Think that is slightly more then a ‘Pulled Hamstring’.
  • who was the second signing, think I missed it.
    Just been announced (is it the Swindon right back?)
  • It's the Swindonian we didn't expect!
  • Who is that?
  • Mandala Egbo
  • Presume that's Egbo then?  They don't actually say!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the permanent signing of attacking right-back Mandela Egbo
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b18be66f83c/done-deal-charlton-sign-attacking-right-back-mandela-egbo
  • Cue someone better than me re-writing The Specials  “Free Charlton’s Mandela” 😁
  • supaclive said:
    If Marquis signs there is no high press coming

And doesnt fit in with the so called " buy young & then they have value if you want to sell them". 

He's 30. Should be buying players around 23,24,25. 

Its like nothing has been learnt over the past 2 years. 
    If we bought a whole squad of players who were 23-25, you'd be moaning we needed more experience!
    I'm just reiterating what we keep on being told.

Youth
    Saleable
    For the future.

But then again, when did Sandgaard's actions match his words. 
    And you’ve interpreted that to mean that every player we buy from now on must be 25 and under or TS is not true to his word on this?

Among many awful takes by you that’s got to be up there with the worst. 

No, not every one. 

But I'd like to see us bring in a young pacey striker, not a 30 year old lump. Start as you mean to go on. 

But hey ho.
    So, so far we have purchased a 26 year old ball playing centre back, and a 24 year old attacking right back. 

Maybe you might even get your pacey striker Golfie ;).
  • Great being in League 1, signing all the players I've never heard of. Not like in The Premiership when we signed Murphy & Rhommadahl. No expectations & nothing to live up to. 
  • Scoham said:
    Love how it’s another one kept completely quiet. I thought Johnson following us and TS on Twitter pretty much confirmed he was our new right back!
    He might still be. We do need two players to replace Matthews and Gunter…
  • edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    Love how it’s another one kept completely quiet. I thought Johnson following us and TS on Twitter pretty much confirmed he was our new right back!
    I guess it doesn't necessarily mean we're not after both, we need squad depth.

But harder convincing both to sign for the same spot unless one or both can play elsewhere too?  Johnson at CB, for example, or a RCB/RWB combo if we play 3 at the back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    It's interesting isn't it. I bet reducing the leaks makes it much easier to sign players without other teams getting involved, but it doesn't do any favours on the whining front. I dread to think how much Sandgaard has got into his inbox about us not even being in for any players right before we sign two very decent looking defenders
  • Anymore today from those ITK ? As i know a few said clda been 2/3 or is that it for now 
  • Scoham said:
    He might still be. We do need two players to replace Matthews and Gunter…
    You spelled 'the inevitable re-signing of Adam Matthews' wrong.
  • Of all the Swindon player we were linked with, he was one I wanted based on watching a couple of their games late on in the season. Seemed to come in to them late on in the season and made an immediate impact. Sign the other right back from Portsmouth and that's the right hand side dealt with IMO