Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Of all the Swindon player we were linked with, he was one I wanted based on watching a couple of their games late on in the season. Seemed to come in to them late on in the season and made an immediate impact. Sign the other right back from Portsmouth and that's the right hand side dealt with IMO
    He no longer follows us on Twitter </3
  • I haven't watched a full game from last season, but I did notice that CBT is left-sided and played at wing-back. Can someone on here offer an opinion on his defensive abilities?
  • Definitely feels like it’s time for people that thought that the black box determined our signings rather than our manager to go quiet.

The two signings so far have clearly been led largely by Ben Garner. 

Up the addicks. Looking forward to tomorrow’s signing.
  • edited June 2022
    Vfrf said:
    sam3110 said:
    Of all the Swindon player we were linked with, he was one I wanted based on watching a couple of their games late on in the season. Seemed to come in to them late on in the season and made an immediate impact. Sign the other right back from Portsmouth and that's the right hand side dealt with IMO
    You’re right, he doesn’t!

How bizarre. Got caught and told by the club to unfollow or, perhaps more likely, did it fall through?

Very odd choice to follow a football club and it’s owner and then unfollow a few days later if there wasn’t at least a discussion going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Corr blimey we are well and truly underway 
  • Vfrf said:
    sam3110 said:
    You’re right, he doesn’t!

How bizarre. Got caught and told by the club to unfollow or, perhaps more likely, did it fall through?

Very odd choice to follow a football club and it’s owner and then unfollow a few days later if there wasn’t at least a discussion going on.
    Either that, or my thoughts are we have 2-3 players we want in every position. Egbo could be our first choice (maybe lower wages)? Now we've landed him we may have told Johnson thanks for your time but we only need a backup RB now. At that point in his career he needs to be starting.
  • Leuth said:
    I haven't watched a full game from last season, but I did notice that CBT is left-sided and played at wing-back. Can someone on here offer an opinion on his defensive abilities?
    Completely non-existent. He will never play wing-back under any sort of competent manager 
    I'd like to see us play 433 with Kirk LW and CBT RW. 
  • Scoham said:
    Love how it’s another one kept completely quiet. I thought Johnson following us and TS on Twitter pretty much confirmed he was our new right back!
    We need two, Johnson can also play right side of a back 3 with Mandela as a wing back.  Don't rule it out.

If lessons have been indeed learnt there is still a lot to do.
  • Need a left back now and defence is coming together nicely. 
  • Have noticed Callum Johnson has unfollowed the club and TS, can’t see that one happening now. 
  • supaclive said:
    Better, younger players from League 2
    On paper this IS a change from previous years
    Whilst not fully convinced yet, I'm optimistic

*Might stop people abusing me now me constantly moaning
    😘
    (winky face etc)

• Vfrf said:
    Leuth said:
    I haven't watched a full game from last season, but I did notice that CBT is left-sided and played at wing-back. Can someone on here offer an opinion on his defensive abilities?
    Completely non-existent. He will never play wing-back under any sort of competent manager 
    I'd like to see us play 433 with Kirk LW and CBT RW. 
    Yeah same. The nature of CBT is that he attracts opposition players to him as they usually need to double up on him. This should then leave space for Kirk and Fraser on the other side to exploit hopefully
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    So much more inspiring to sign someone young and hungry than Matthews on another 1-year deal. 
    He is only about 18 months younger than Matthews was when he signed his first contract with us 🤣🤣🤣
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Another player under the radar.. players names are certainly being kept close to the chest.
    The Curbs way
  • Seems to have had an interesting career. Ex England u17 and a stint in Germany. Looks like he barely played for Swindon but certainly made an impact with 3 assists in 6 starts. Quite excited by this signing despite never having heard of him 5 minutes ago.
  • Leuth said:
    very well said mate.

I dont know about you but Im already looking forward to next season as it seems we might have players playing in their actual positions 
  • RedRobin said:
    Have noticed Callum Johnson has unfollowed the club and TS, can’t see that one happening now. 
    That’s a shame as he seemed like he could turn out to be a decent option for us, i imagine Clare and Egbo will be seen as our right back options then 
  • I do get why people had reservations and frustration was kicking in, especially with last summers shit show. However, it appears we are all moving in the right direction and with a bit more patience, we could actually have a decent side come August.
    The big difference is you can see that these are specifically players the manager wanted.

That hasn't always been the case for a long, long, time.