Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Kan u tell me why Daniel wasn't heading to Spain with Miles Leaburn as the star turn in the U18'S who has already been in First team squad at 17 ?

I thought 2 or 3 of the U18'S would join up,
    Especially the goal machine.  It doesn't augur well if DK isn't there. Can't see why we have to play guessing games who are the players there 🤔  I want my words that Kanu will play less 1st teams for Cafc than Burstow Rammed down my throat.  
    Maybe, the management and youth coaches feel it's better for their development to spend time training and playing against players in their own age groups rather than rushing them?
    Or maybe he's being lined up for a loan move somewhere to get some "real" experience.

Lots of potential explanations and reasons that a promising teenage player isn't seen as quite ready yet.
  • thenewbie said:
    Kan u tell me why Daniel wasn't heading to Spain with Miles Leaburn as the star turn in the U18'S who has already been in First team squad at 17 ?

Especially the goal machine.  It doesn't augur well if DK isn't there. Can't see why we have to play guessing games who are the players there 🤔  I want my words that Kanu will play less 1st teams for Cafc than Burstow Rammed down my throat.  
    Maybe, the management and youth coaches feel it's better for their development to spend time training and playing against players in their own age groups rather than rushing them?
    Or maybe he's being lined up for a loan move somewhere to get some "real" experience.

Lots of potential explanations and reasons that a promising teenage player isn't seen as quite ready yet.
    I’ve never seen him
    play but unless his is absolute mustard , a year in league 2 might be better for his development. 
  • edited June 2022
    Kan u tell me why Daniel wasn't heading to Spain with Miles Leaburn as the star turn in the U18'S who has already been in First team squad at 17 ?

Grant was rushed at 17 when he played Championship football but Gomez was ready at 17 and was mature enough to take it in his stride.

I can only imagine that Miles Leaburn was picked as he is already 18 and Daniel Kanu isn't 18 until Oct/ Nov time which is in the next age group of Scholars.

I assumed as Kanu was more likely to be in the squad than Leaburn as both Stockley and Aneke are big Strikers, Daniel would get the seat.
  • seth plum said:
    I am a bit weary of the guessing game, fun though it may be.
    I would love to see a definitive list of names of the players and coaches on the Spain trip.
    What would you do with the list of names if produced?
  • seth plum said:
    I am a bit weary of the guessing game, fun though it may be.
    I would love to see a definitive list of names of the players and coaches on the Spain trip.
    What would you do with the list of names if produced?
    I would go through every Tweet marking off every player mentioned by name.  A kind of player bingo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ogbeta would be decent 
  • supaclive said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, I’m not one to start unsubstantiated rumours but .. I was down at David Lloyd’s Sidcup this afternoon and our Tracey was down there with a young man - and it wasn’t Carlo! He looked like he could be a footballer. I have no idea who it was but he was quite tall and had a beard. So, if we sign some this week who fits that description, You can thank me for the scoop …. 

Rumoured to be going to Gillingham.
  • _MrDick said:
    So, I’m not one to start unsubstantiated rumours but .. I was down at David Lloyd’s Sidcup this afternoon and our Tracey was down there with a young man - and it wasn’t Carlo! He looked like he could be a footballer. I have no idea who it was but he was quite tall and had a beard. So, if we sign some this week who fits that description, You can thank me for the scoop …. 
    Doesn’t sound like Johnny Williams…
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Any of the above pictures look vaguely familiar Mr D?

They all look the same to me.

• ;)
    Conor McGrandles?
  • Rylo said:
    _MrDick said:
    I heard that too…

That’s not too far off .. hair was shorter
  • Looks like the opposite stats to Ben Purrington
  • Scoham said:
    _MrDick said:
    Chey Dunkley?

Definitely not  
  • Not Marquis .. The lad was a lot younger