Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited June 2022
  • Strange one if league clubs were interested but he still went to Welling (then Palace).
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Only joined Accrington in January, sounds like he's got a bit of everything.

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2022/january/signing-jays-a-red/

"He's a lad who's desperate to do well and he ticks all the boxes for what we want. He's hungry, physical, quick, athletic and he can play, so hopefully we can set him on a path to greater things."

Jay, who is 6ft 5", said: "I first heard about the interest from Accrington last week after the game against Everton's U23s and I am over the moon to be here.

"I started off as a striker when I was in Australia and when I first came here and then I moved back to defender with Dulwich and have stayed there ever since.

"I like battling, I like aerial duels, I play on the front foot, I like stepping into the play, I am comfortable on the ball, I have scored a few goals and I hope I will be in the squad for tomorrow."

I am out.

What he meant to say is ?
    He has fire in his belly !
  • Jay-Rich is a left sided centre back who can play on the left too but also plays RCB for Australia

Scored an absolute banger from 25 yards out against AFC Wimbledon last season

In his career he has about 13 yellow cards ib 40 matches so I think we can safely say he's combative

From the highlights in his last game for Australia U23 he is a LOT like Inniss.  Big, strong, surprisingly not bad with his feet and not afraid to mix-it a bit.  From some club level highlights he is also, unsurprisingly, good in the air.

Interesting if true.  Bit of a risk maybe given he's only played a handful of games at the age of 22 (23 in October) but could be a gem.  Unlikely to be expensive
  • @_MrDick could it be this guy, 
  • Rylo said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, I’m not one to start unsubstantiated rumours but .. I was down at David Lloyd’s Sidcup this afternoon and our Tracey was down there with a young man - and it wasn’t Carlo! He looked like he could be a footballer. I have no idea who it was but he was quite tall and had a beard. So, if we sign some this week who fits that description, You can thank me for the scoop …. 
    I heard that too…

Would ya?
    How tall is this talented youngster ?
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

My ears were burning !
    I'm more au fait with the Kinetic foundation:
    Joe Aribo, Deji, Norrington-Davies, Kwadwo Baah etc but Soccer elite FA are a similar set up to Kinetic foundation and getting pro contracts for their scholars who normally are released by professional clubs at a young age. 

Ellis Landolo, Chatham born went to SEFA, had a short spell at Gillingham before going back to the soccer elite fa school to study and you play football every day !. He then joined Maidstone United where SEFA are  based before joining Swindon. Only know that he a left back/wing back so cafc definitely need that position. 

Another lad who went to the SEFA academy was David Ajieoye a 24 year old who was at Sutton United and my son told me has now joined Peterborough who have a great record for spotting talented Forwards. He is a striker/winger which if you are going to play 3 up front is the type you need. 
    Only problem with David is, he was another one born in Bromley.
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    @_MrDick could it be this guy, 
    That could be the mysterious bloke with the beard. Similar hairstyle and nose 
  • edited June 2022
    Just when I thought we'd stopped tapping them up..
    Think im gonna change my username to STFCKapal at this rate
  • edited June 2022
    Unless they come from Swindon, I’m just not interested!
  • I assume Clayden is only there since we currently have no left back on the squad and he is not even really a left back
  • Swisdom said:
    Jay-Rich is a left sided centre back who can play on the left too but also plays RCB for Australia

Scored an absolute banger from 25 yards out against AFC Wimbledon last season

In his career he has about 13 yellow cards ib 40 matches so I think we can safely say he's combative

From the highlights in his last game for Australia U23 he is a LOT like Inniss.  Big, strong, surprisingly not bad with his feet and not afraid to mix-it a bit.  From some club level highlights he is also, unsurprisingly, good in the air.

Interesting if true.  Bit of a risk maybe given he's only played a handful of games at the age of 22 (23 in October) but could be a gem.  Unlikely to be expensive
    Another one - who looks hungry to succeed, and by the sounds of it has attributes we are looking for! But again my question is, why hasn't he made it before!

Be nice if we could look at a few youngsters that have been released further up the ladder..

Bit strange Kanu hasn't travelled, injured or just feel he would benefit more to stay with U23's?
  • Can’t get all players in by 24th June 
  • TelMc32 said:
    Is AMB in Spain? 
    Yes.
    Ah good just the photos on Twitter he isn’t in them. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b8ce153a62b/gallery-the-first-day-in-spain

Apologies @Red_Chester apparently AMB isn’t there, although I was convinced I saw him in one of the photos with CMc and Woolacott. At least it looked like him and all three had gloves on 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b8ce153a62b/gallery-the-first-day-in-spain

A 22-man squad has made the journey to southern Spain for a week of hard work and bonding with the following players in attendance:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Is Kanu injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022

A 22-man squad has made the journey to southern Spain for a week of hard work and bonding with the following players in attendance:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Interesting to use this as a benchmark... We can only have a 22-man squad this coming season - U21s and Goalkeepers are excluded, so we have five spots left at present for anyone over 21-years old before we have to start thinking about moving others on.

Of course we dont even have to move someone on, we could just leave someone like Kirk or Davison unregistered (I'd be surprised if we didnt do similar with Papa Souare in the second half of last season), but then they naturally cant be involved in League games.

But then we'd have a very unhappy player potentially around the dressing room until January.

In an ideal world, for me the five players would come from:

Left-Back, although maybe one as an U21 from the Premier League (Kesler Hayden would be nice)
    Centre-Back who can play on the left of a three
    Defensive Midfielder to compete with George Dobson
    Attacking Midfielder with goals in them.
    Pacey Striker.
  • Looks like AMB is recovering from injury, from the Spain thread:

LTKapal said:
    He was still in Perth doing rehab till about 10 days ago, maybe he’s just not fully fit yet?

• edited June 2022

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Is Kanu injured?

It was good to see the names given out officially as there's no need for the guessing games. There is an interest to know and if there wasn't how the hell are we becoming a Championship side any time soon with a bigger fan base and people paying to come through the turn stiles ?

AMB doing rehab and fitness back home in Australia sounds a good reason why he isn't there.( See LTKapal above)

Daniel Kanu, who we were all expecting to be part of the first team squad 22/23 season.(Unless he leaves quicker than Mason Burstow) is still a mystery but maybe the concensus is DK has a different pre season with his peer group scholars as he is still 17. 

I would also give this information to cafc fans/critics about what pre season all our younger academy group are up to. It's called interest and doesn't have to be seen as a conspiracy. 

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Interesting to use this as a benchmark... We can only have a 22-man squad this coming season - U21s and Goalkeepers are excluded, so we have six spots left at present for anyone over 21-years old before we have to start thinking about moving others on.

Of course we dont even have to move someone on, we could just leave someone like Kirk or Davison unregistered (I'd be surprised if we didnt do similar with Papa Souare in the second half of last season), but then they naturally cant be involved in League games.

But then we'd have a very unhappy player potentially around the dressing room until January.
    Clayden doesn’t count as u21, cut off point are births from 1/1/2001 or later. He turned 21 in November.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-1-general/
  • Scoham said:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Interesting to use this as a benchmark... We can only have a 22-man squad this coming season - U21s and Goalkeepers are excluded, so we have six spots left at present for anyone over 21-years old before we have to start thinking about moving others on.

Clayden doesn’t count as u21, cut off point are births from 1/1/2001 or later. He turned 21 in November.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/efl-regulations/section-1-general/
    Cheers... I wasnt sure with regards to him
  • Swindon received about £800k from Twine moving to Burnley. This below however suggests they don’t have much of a budget so expect they’ll be open to selling players.

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Interesting to use this as a benchmark... We can only have a 22-man squad this coming season - U21s and Goalkeepers are excluded, so we have five spots left at present for anyone over 21-years old before we have to start thinking about moving others on.

In an ideal world, for me the five players would come from:

Left-Back, although maybe one as an U21 from the Premier League (Kesler Hayden would be nice)
    Centre-Back who can play on the left of a three
    Defensive Midfielder to compete with George Dobson
    Attacking Midfielder with goals in them.
    Pacey Striker.
    Agree with your list.  2 left backs needed though I think, so if it’s a case of needing 6 with 5 available, then would expect a couple to be moved on 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Another lad who went to the SEFA academy was David Ajieoye a 24 year old who was at Sutton United and my son told me has now joined Peterborough who have a great record for spotting talented Forwards. He is a striker/winger which if you are going to play 3 up front is the type you need. 
    Only problem with David is, he was another one born in Bromley.
    Would have loved to have signed him , worked his way back into the pro game through non league watched him for a whole season at Worthing and could tell he had the ability to make it. Peterboroughs attacking options are scary at this level!
  • edited June 2022
    Definitely want to see two mobile LB so Corey Blackett-Taylor can received the ball in an more advanced position and work with the LB who also takes away the wasted energy of CBT being a wing back.  IF and this is a big IF Charlie Kirk finds his Mojo then the two footed Corey could revert to the right. 
    Two LB and the forward to replace Conor Washington as well as a Goal scoring number 8 unless Fraser can reproduce his goal scoring stats pre joining Ipswich. Scott Fraser's career at cafc hasn't really started yet for a myriad of reasons. He could be the Catalyst to link the team together and Stockley, Aneke,CBT and new forward will be grateful if that happens.
  • There is no trouble about releasing a list of the players in Spain.
    It is a basic service for curious fans.
    The club wants to attract support, season ticket holders, people to watch the live stream, people to be interested. The club hitherto released pictures for a while before listing players, why not list the players before they go? Are the club so weedy it has become paranoid about releasing information fans legitimately want to know about?
    Anyway we finally have a list to contemplate, discovered that AMB and Kanu and Dylan Gavin and Nathan Harness are not part of this event.
    Hopefully the club will now be more all encompassing and not restrict information to tweeter and instantgramme.