Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• cafc4life said:
    people talking like we have a chance of buying him haha. We couldn’t even afford Dale Winton if he was still alive 
    Dale Winton would of done a job in our defence last year, dead!
  • Stephens assist for Jacko in the away game at Bury will live long in my memory.
  • Filth. He’ll go to a Championship side or possibly even one of the new boys in the PL. 
  • Leuth said:
    His goal vs Rochdale alone...
    Bury. Rochdale was a Yann free kick for a similarly miserable cold Tuesday night 1-1 draw
  • Filth. He’ll go to a Championship side or possibly even one of the new boys in the PL. 
    Barely played for Burnley in two years, can’t see him getting another Prem deal.
  • He was really classy but hid away a lot .  His best spell was just before he left when he played with Jordan Cousins 
  • Valley11 said:
    I was never that won over by Dale S. He was obviously a classy player. I just never really got him 
    You really weren't the only one. It's easy to remember how good he was now but there were plenty who used to question what he brought the the team and a fair few who were happier with Andy Hughes in the team than Dale because Hughes was all action. If you go back through the forum around that time I guarantee you'll find a lot of comments asking what Stephens does and why he sits so deep. To be fair I do think he had some positional things to figure out that season as he did drop deeper than he needed to in a midfield 4. He was only 22 so not that surprising.
  • ross1 said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b8ce153a62b/gallery-the-first-day-in-spain

A 22-man squad has made the journey to southern Spain for a week of hard work and bonding with the following players in attendance:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Who were the two players that were supposed to be missing the trip ?
    Think that just turned out to be wrong to be honest. AMB is the only senior player to miss out. 

Or it was true when it was said. 

AMB was probably never going due to injury.  Someone else might have been a doubt but was deemed fit enough, someone might have been expected to leave.  The 2nd person could have been a reference to Purrington who hadn't been released at the time.
  • Leuth said:
    His pass to Jackson (I think) at Bury......

There was a move, I think it was our 3rd goal, against Millwall in the preseason "friendly", where the interplay (on and off the ball) between Hollands, Stephens and Jackson convinced me we would be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Forgetting we let 4 in and Marquis scored twice of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    His pass to Jackson (I think) at Bury......

There was a move, I think it was our 3rd goal, against Millwall in the preseason "friendly", where the interplay (on and off the ball) between Hollands, Stephens and Jackson convinced me we would be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Forgetting we let 4 in and Marquis scored twice of course.
    The one always remember was the fk that put us in front in ‘that’ game against Cardiff.  I was right behind it and was already starting to moan what a crap ball it was when it flew in
  • edited June 2022
    Had an email from the club this afternoon. Anyone else heard this ?  :D

Charlton Athletic are delighted to welcome goalkeeper Joe Wollacott to The Valley.
    Joe Wollacott becomes the Addicks' third signing of a busy week, following the arrivals of ball-playing centre half Eoghan O’Connell on Monday and attacking full-back Mandela Egbo on Tuesday.
  • Had an email from the club this afternoon. Anyone else heard this ?  :D

Charlton Athletic are delighted to welcome goalkeeper Joe Wollacott to The Valley.
    Joe Wollacott becomes the Addicks' third signing of a busy week, following the arrivals of ball-playing centre half Eoghan O’Connell on Monday and attacking full-back Mandela Egbo on Tuesday.
    I did as well. Very slow to release the news via email.
  • Senpai said:
    Had an email from the club this afternoon. Anyone else heard this ?  :D

I did as well. Very slow to release the news via email.
    Too busy sacking the guy that schedules the emails presumably 
  • edited June 2022
    A Swindon fan at work seems to think we’re after George Moncur and hopes it will put us off going for Payne. 

The only time he’s ever told me anything Charlton related was when he told me we’re were signing Ajose about a week before it was announced. 

Take it with a pinch of salt though, no idea where he’s heard it from. 
  • edited June 2022
    I'm still hoping for developments on that Conchita Wurst doppelganger as spotted by our eagle eyed private Dick yesterday.

In fact, if you look at that image of Conchita from the neck up and envisage it bald without the makeup and earrings, I think you'd be left staring into the face of someone not to dissimilar to, if not bearing a striking resemblance to, Ben Garner 😎

• A Swindon fan at work seems to think we’re after George Moncur and hopes it will put us off going for Payne. 

The only time he’s ever told me anything Charlton related was when he told me we’re were signing Ajose about a week before it was announced. 

If true that feels like the next one down on the Reed/Payne list.
    Perhaps Swindon have told us to naff off because we’re pillaging their players and staff. 
  • Valley11 said:
    A Swindon fan at work seems to think we’re after George Moncur and hopes it will put us off going for Payne. 

If true that feels like the next one down on the Reed/Payne list.
    Perhaps Swindon have told us to naff off because we’re pillaging their players and staff. 
    Pretty sure Payne is out of contract so they have no say anyway
    reed if we want that bad and once his head is turned again they wont be able to do much i dnt think so lets all just keep laughing at them😂
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/62b8ce153a62b/gallery-the-first-day-in-spain

A 22-man squad has made the journey to southern Spain for a week of hard work and bonding with the following players in attendance:

Craig MacGillivray

Joe Wollacott

Mandela Egbo

Eoghan O'Connell

Sam Lavelle

Ryan Inniss

Deji Elerewe

Sean Clare

Corey Blackett-Taylor

Diallang Jaiyesimi

Charlie Kirk

Charles Clayden

Aaron Henry

George Dobson

Albie Morgan

Alex Gilbey

Jake Forster-Caskey

Scott Fraser

Miles Leaburn

Josh Davison

Chuks Aneke

Jayden Stockley

Is Kanu injured?

It was good to see the names given out officially as there's no need for the guessing games. There is an interest to know and if there wasn't how the hell are we becoming a Championship side any time soon with a bigger fan base and people paying to come through the turn stiles ?

AMB doing rehab and fitness back home in Australia sounds a good reason why he isn't there.( See LTKapal above)

Daniel Kanu, who we were all expecting to be part of the first team squad 22/23 season.(Unless he leaves quicker than Mason Burstow) is still a mystery but maybe the concensus is DK has a different pre season with his peer group scholars as he is still 17. 

I would also give this information to cafc fans/critics about what pre season all our younger academy group are up to. It's called interest and doesn't have to be seen as a conspiracy. 
    JJ did say Kanu is only 17 & is a long way from being ready to play 1st team football
  • Valley11 said:
    I was never that won over by Dale S. He was obviously a classy player. I just never really got him 
    Ay!! He was so good!
  • cafc4life said:
    people talking like we have a chance of buying him haha. We couldn’t even afford Dale Winton if he was still alive 
    He would have stiffened up the defence for sure.
  • cafc4life said:
    He would have stiffened up the defence for sure.

• Players hiding is the new buzz word on CL ?
  • Players hiding is the new buzz word on CL ?
    Unless they are hungry.....
  • I’m going to say it just for @Cafc43v3r… I don’t want Lennon, we need hungry young players on the up.
  • A Swindon fan at work seems to think we’re after George Moncur and hopes it will put us off going for Payne. 

After seeing where George Moncur was born (according to Wikipedia) I can confirm we’re definitely in for him.