Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    A Swindon fan at work seems to think we’re after George Moncur and hopes it will put us off going for Payne. 

The only time he’s ever told me anything Charlton related was when he told me we’re were signing Ajose about a week before it was announced. 

Take it with a pinch of salt though, no idea where he’s heard it from. 
    After seeing where George Moncur was born (according to Wikipedia) I can confirm we’re definitely in for him.
    I can't believe he is still only 28, seems to have been around for ever.  The reason he was born there was because his dad played for ............... at the time.
  • A Swindon fan at work seems to think we’re after George Moncur and hopes it will put us off going for Payne. 

The only time he’s ever told me anything Charlton related was when he told me we’re were signing Ajose about a week before it was announced. 

Take it with a pinch of salt though, no idea where he’s heard it from. 
    https://twitter.com/pilsthedoughman/status/1539981664025198594?s=21&t=Qaq-Gzen8DHVu7GjhDL1Rw

Apparently Leyton Orient in for him as well, not quite sure what has happened there, remember him being really good for Colchester and when we were linked originally I was optimistic. 

He then went to Barnsley and Luton and done fairly well for both Clubs, fell out of favour at Hull and now linked with a league 2 side? Wonder what’s happened there then. 

Either way if we get the Moncur of Barnsley and Luton I’ll take that all day, although if it’s between him and Payne I’d say Payne makes a lot more sense, younger and just had a very good season and knows our manager 
  • Can’t see Lennon joining. 1) the account on Twitter has virtually no follower’s and follows very few plus it was set up in June
    2) He rejoined Burnley in the prem on 1 yr deal last season.
    He’ll think he can do a year in the championship at least.
  • edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Players hiding is the new buzz word on CL ?
    Unless they are hungry.....

When young players can get a pro contract at 18 or 19 from teams in the lower half of the Premier League and start on 500k a year then you understand why "Hungry" is more about the guys I watch in the Kent League who are part time and few even have contracts; as well as the teenagers at independent football academies, desperately seeking a pro contract whether it be Chelsea or Colchester.
    I will say again, fire in the belly and desperately wanting to be on the winning side is the mantra. You either have that desire or you don't, You can't coach passion.

I don't know about Mason Burstow at Chelsea but I can't believe it was less than 500k per year. 
  • I’ve obviously no idea what Burstow would be on at Chelsea but I bet it’s more that £164,080 which is the salary of our Prime Minister. The money being offered to young unproven young footballers by the crazy Premier League money go round is completely ridiculous. 
    If you add in BoJo’s “other” incomes your probably looking at millions..
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Players hiding is the new buzz word on CL ?
    Unless they are hungry.....

When young players can get a pro contract at 18 or 19 from teams in the lower half of the Premier League and start on 500k a year then you understand why "Hungry" is more about the guys I watch in the Kent League who are part time and few even have contracts; as well as the teenagers at independent football academies, desperately seeking a pro contract whether it be Chelsea or Colchester.
    I will say again, fire in the belly and desperately wanting to be on the winning side is the mantra. You either have that desire or you don't, You can't coach passion.

I don't know about Mason Burstow at Chelsea but I can't believe it was less than 500k per year. 
    I know what people mean by it but it's used as a catch all for anyone under 25 and playing at a lower level/smaller club.

If we signed the 18/19 versions of Pearce and Pratley now they wouldn't be the "right type" despite the fact we wouldn't have won the play offs without them.

We need good players, the right players and the right mix of players.

God knows what people would make of signing the likes of Heany, Bowen, Youds and Bright now....That worked out well and the game hasn't changed that much.
  • Are we expecting any incomings this week? The ITK’s have gone a bit quiet.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I’ve obviously no idea what Burstow would be on at Chelsea but I bet it’s more that £164,080 which is the salary of our Prime Minister. The money being offered to young unproven young footballers by the crazy Premier League money go round is completely ridiculous. 
    Are you worried that by mentioning the prime minister this thread might go off on a tangent?

Do you have any thoughts on the subject Seth?
  • RedRobin said:
    Are we expecting any incomings this week? The ITK’s have gone a bit quiet.
    Beat me to it i reckon dunkley and/or payne next in soon i wld take that
  • seth plum said:
    I’ve obviously no idea what Burstow would be on at Chelsea but I bet it’s more that £164,080 which is the salary of our Prime Minister. The money being offered to young unproven young footballers by the crazy Premier League money go round is completely ridiculous. 
    Are you worried that by mentioning the prime minister this thread might go off on a tangent?

Do you have any thoughts on the subject Seth?
    Plenty. I would like to express them on the House of Commoners thread(s), but for a non specified reason I am banned from there.
    If I follow up on certain things in the general forum initiated by other posters then I am the one who experiences the pile on, and am accused of being the poster who has derailed the thread.
    Life is a mystery huh?
  • RedRobin said:
    Jnr is on holiday....
  • edited June 2022
    I'm still waiting for Godot Seth Plum to win the Euro Millions and be top potato at CAFC as he has promised.

Young Paddy as Manager, Mrs Plum as head of recruitment and a more egalitarian approach. Paddy will be under pressure as Seth expects, no demands we win every match.

Yes ok I will say it, if it didn't work under Seth and Family?

Plums Out !
  • redbuttle said:
    RedRobin said:
    Jnr is on holiday....
    He wouldn’t happen to be in Spain would he? 🤔
  • This may have been done so apologies if it’s old news, but where is AMB? Doesn’t appear to be in any of the Spain content. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve obviously no idea what Burstow would be on at Chelsea but I bet it’s more that £164,080 which is the salary of our Prime Minister. The money being offered to young unproven young footballers by the crazy Premier League money go round is completely ridiculous. 
    If you add in BoJo’s “other” incomes your probably looking at millions..
    That’s not my point though. A player like Burstow will comfortably be on more than the highest salaried MP,  the majority of doctors and something like 7 or 8 x the average U.K. salary. I’m willing to bet he’ll never get near the Chelsea first squad and go even further and say he’ll never be regular for any PL team.  It’s utter madness. 
  • RedRobin said:
    To be fair even the ITKs turned out to not know all that much about the first three, they all broke pretty late. I expect if there IS anything lined up we wont hear until nearer the time.
  • Scoham said:
    Stephens would still completely take the piss in league 1 
    No harm in giving him a bell and offering him £6k/wk plus a promotion bonus - he's still better than Gilbey -  and he owes us for that "homesick for the north"  moved to Brighton bollocks
    Apparently he's now 33 and only made 14 appearances for Burnley in 2 years
    On 2nd thoughts we should pass, the last thing we need is another Watson or Arter
  • Oggy Red said:
    Valley11 said:
    This may have been done so apologies if it’s old news, but where is AMB? Doesn’t appear to be in any of the Spain content. 
    Torn his labia or something like that, been stitched back together and mending.

Is AMB now eligible for Charlton Womens? Perhaps that explains the new GK
  • I'm still waiting for Godot Seth Plum to win the Euro Millions and be top potato at CAFC as he has promised.

Young Paddy as Manager, Mrs Plum as head of recruitment and a more egalitarian approach. Paddy will be under pressure as Seth expects, no demands we win every match.

Yes ok I will say it, if it didn't work under Seth and Family?

Plums Out !
    I have two lucky dips for this evening.
  • Well that window was quite exciting while it lasted. 

Can we get back to the fish puns and Lou Reed jokes now? 
  • Well that window was quite exciting while it lasted. 

Can we get back to the fish puns and Lou Reed jokes now? 

NO NO.

While we are waiting for action on the transfer front we have gone on to Plums and Labia. 
  • THE 🗡️🐟 PREDICTS! (Always say 'NO')

At the risk of flogging a dead horse (not a clue by the way), today's player in comes in the form of an anagram formed from the letters in capitals 'PHET's JOKE CULT (Boba Fett being a star wars character, which is a clue!)

DISCLAIMER:
    When the FUN stops 🛑 Be GambleAware!

• _MrDick said:
    redbuttle said:
    RedRobin said:
    Jnr is on holiday....
    He wouldn’t happen to be in Spain would he? 🤔
    No. He has been there recently though...